Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,061 to 4,080 of 5,084

Undead_terror

@Morpheel thanks a bunch for saying!

So did anyone get 4 kills in cruel brawl? from testing it seems like Charizard might be a good character, Down B makes him crush a rock that seems to give him a small bit of smash invincibility so normal hits won't send him flying, it gets all the enemies if they are close enough, I managed to get one kill.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Eel

Jiggs is great in this one, faster and meaner. Specially in the air.

I think rollout does less this time around though. But everything else compensates for it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Araquanid

Morpheel wrote:

I found an easy method to do the combo challenges in training.

Just use mario and set the cpu as greninja and use a final destination.

Set the damage to 999% and lightly push greninja to the border of the stage.

Grab greninja and keep spamming the grab button to hit it. It should last for over 50 hits.

After greninja frees itself, it will fall and jump back into the stage, quickly grab it again before the combo breaks and repeat.

I used kirby. Go on the paper mario stage, put the NPC right up again the pipe, and hold A forever.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

TeeJay

Morpheel wrote:

I think rollout does less this time around though. But everything else compensates for it.

And more expressive. I never liked or used Jigglypuff in Smash, buuuut I actually think she looks cute in this game. I may try her out this time.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Xiao_Pai wrote:

I noticed no one here was uploading any, so I figured I'd let them know...If you have an SD card reader, the screenshots are saved in the folder with the rest of your 3DS pics. So you can actually upload them online.

I made a blog on Tumblr for the sole purpose of uploading funny/weird Smash pics. XD

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

FriedSquid

Yeah, I definitely like that Jiggs is more expressive this time. I've always liked Jigglypuff in Pokemon, but in Smash she's just boring looking. I still wish she got some new Fairy-type moves (maybe there's some in customization? ...probably not), because I'm still horrible with her.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

MegaStoneSmash91

I've been playing the heck out of Smash. It's just too good for me to play anything else. I'm sure everyone else is doing the same, or trying to.

I thought I'd bring this up since Nintendolife recently published a character unlock guide, but did the characters follow everything they're supposed to? My unlocks were pretty jumbled. Got Duck Hunt after playing Classic around 8 times, didn't get Dr. Mario until I had 3 characters left to unlock, and Bowser Jr. was my last one. I got Jiggs somewhere in the middle, and she's supposed to be last in terms of number of Smash battles. I did play Classic and Smash battles pretty randomly, with a few of each here and there, so that may be it.

Love Smash Run, though it is a lot tougher than I thought it would be. I haven't really bothered to set up equipment and powers for characters yet, but they'd probably help. It does seem a tad complicated as well, with all those aspects to customize and set up how you like.

Oh, and I cannot get over how much Wario has improved since Brawl. A few of his less useful attacks have been changed for the better, his animations are excellent, and he's a better fighter as well. One thing that did annoy me is that one of his victory poses is broken. The one where he does a donut on his bike and gives the "W" symdol with his hand. In Brawl, he pulled his mustache and switched back to the W hand symbol endlessly after the pose ends. A similar animation is still present, but is less smooth and he doesn't actually pull his 'stache at all. Oh well.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

MsJubilee

@SuperMalleo You mean the move he had in the 64 game? They took out that move ages ago friendo.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Eel

TeeJay wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

And more expressive. I never liked or used Jigglypuff in Smash, buuuut I actually think she looks cute in this game. I may try her out this time.

Oh yeah, the new coat of paint is certainly very nice! It no loger looks like an stoic blowfish grasping for air, now it gets angry, happy, sad... And it's 80% cuter too.

Bloop.

Yoshi

Just going to pop in here and say that Classic Mode has a...special element to it, but only if you play on a hard enough difficulty. Not going to spoil what it is (unless someone already has), but it was a pleasant, but also unexpected surprise.

Also, I'm in love with the Magicant stage, just because of the Earthbound/Mother scenes and the Eight Melodies.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Eel

A mini guide for the bosses of Classic mode: Let's say we divide the difficulty settings in three equal parts, from easy to medium to hard. (Approximately, easy would be from levels 0 to 2.9, Normal from 3 to 5.9 and hard from levels 6 and up).

All difficulties can have the vanilla lonely Master Hand as the last boss, with medium and hard using it as the "easy road".

In medium you can choose to go the hard way and fight both the Master Hand AND the Crazy Hand.

In hard, if you chose to go down the hard road, the battle will start in the same way as in normal, but the boss battle will quickly become very different.

I really like the way classic is structured this time around. You can select if you want to fight a harder boss and you always have two tries per stage.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

CapeSmash

SuperMalleo wrote:

For some reason Link doesn't have his move when you tap the button repeatedly he jabs his sword fast.

They took that out in Brawl. :/

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Joeynator3000

Kinda wished Jiggly got a new Final Smash, though. :c
Si nce all fo the other Pokemon now have Finals based on actual moves/mechanics from their games.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

The_Ninja

Unlocked Wario after my first Smash Run matdh.
Unlocked Duck Hunt Duo after playing trough classic 11 times.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

CapeSmash

Even though this is a wonderful game, I can't get over the controls, they're simply awful. I know I'll probably get used to them slowly over time, but seriously, they're just bad. It's hard to describe, but it doesn't feel like I'm in control of anything. The controls also feel really weird, clunky, and disjointed in Home-Run Contest.

8/10 - "Can't wait to play with an actual controller."

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

The_Ninja

SockoMario wrote:

Even though this is a wonderful game, I can't get over the controls, they're simply awful. I know I'll probably get used to them slowly over time, but seriously, they're just bad. It's hard to describe, but it doesn't feel like I'm in control of anything. The controls also feel really weird, clunky, and disjointed in Home-Run Contest.

8/10 - "Can't wait to play with an actual controller."

You can customize the controls, you know? Probaly wont help too much though.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.