Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,081 to 4,100 of 5,084

CapeSmash

The_Ninja wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Even though this is a wonderful game, I can't get over the controls, they're simply awful. I know I'll probably get used to them slowly over time, but seriously, they're just bad. It's hard to describe, but it doesn't feel like I'm in control of anything. The controls also feel really weird, clunky, and disjointed in Home-Run Contest.

8/10 - "Can't wait to play with an actual controller."

You can customize the controls, you know? Probaly wont help too much though.

Yeah I know, but it doesn't really help at all. Playing with a circle pad and a small rectangle just feels wrong. And this is coming from someone who plays Brawl with a Wiimote.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CapeSmash

THERE'S EQUIPMENT IN SMASH 4 THAT AUTOMATICALLY L-CANCELS FOR YOU! AH YES!!!

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MegaStoneSmash91

@SockoMario Still having issues with the controls? I, personally, am very satisfied with them. They work well, surprisingly, and I didn't even need to mess with the button mapping since I got used to the default controls in the demo. I'm playing Smash just as well as I ever did with a Gamecube controller. I know this doesn't help you at all, but I thought I'd give my 2 cents.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Ash_Anne

Has anyone noticed that spectator mode will repeat fights?

3DS Friend code: 1203-9222-1363
Twitter: Ash_Hose

kaliskonig

[quote=Ash_Anne]Has anyone noticed that spectator mode will repeat fights?[/quote

Because you are not actually watching them real time just recordings. I guess a lot of people are not enabling replays maybe.

kaliskonig

Inkling

I find it really weird that the Duck Hunt Duo has two different names :/

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

19Robb92

Inkling wrote:

I find it really weird that the Duck Hunt Duo has two different names :/

I don't see how it's much different than MegaMan being RockMan in Japan

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

NintendoFan64

Okay, today I'm gonna try to unlock Flat Zone 2. I've unlocked all the other stages, and all the characters...there could've been a few more unlockables in this one. I mean, this is the quickest I've ever unlocked everything in a Smash Bros. game.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

Morpheel wrote:

I found an easy method to do the combo challenges in training.

Just use mario and set the cpu as greninja and use a final destination.

Set the damage to 999% and lightly push greninja to the border of the stage.

Grab greninja and keep spamming the grab button to hit it. It should last for over 50 hits.

After greninja frees itself, it will fall and jump back into the stage, quickly grab it again before the combo breaks and repeat.

I can't seem to do this. Is there a certain timing or something? Because it seems like I can't grab him again until after the combo resets. Nevermind. I somehow managed to do it when I accidentally dropped my 3DS. @__@ I don't know what just happened, but it looks like my BS luck strikes again.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

I've only got ROB, Jigglypuff and Flat Zone 2 to unlock. Way too quick, wish there was more unlockables!

EDIT: Only ROB!

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Faruko

Ike (my main) is much better this time around, the new "grab-ledge" mechanich its such a buff for characters with "not-so-great" recoveries like Ike

Im so happy with this change

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

DreamyViridi

So has anyone had a go at this game's Multi-Man Cruel mode? I think it's the most fair Cruel has ever been, in the sense that I know what killed me and you can afford to get hit once. That said, still a pain in the backside and my method for easy KOs in Brawl doesn't work anymore. Those damn Brawler smashes!

The most I've gotten so far is 3 with Lucina...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

I found an easy method to do the combo challenges in training.

Just use mario and set the cpu as greninja and use a final destination.

Set the damage to 999% and lightly push greninja to the border of the stage.

Grab greninja and keep spamming the grab button to hit it. It should last for over 50 hits.

After greninja frees itself, it will fall and jump back into the stage, quickly grab it again before the combo breaks and repeat.

I can't seem to do this. Is there a certain timing or something? Because it seems like I can't grab him again until after the combo resets. Nevermind. I somehow managed to do it when I accidentally dropped my 3DS. @__@ I don't know what just happened, but it looks like my BS luck strikes again.

Or just put Smart Bombs next to each other and keep scoring multiple hits.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

KO-Cub

Faruko wrote:

Ike (my main) is much better this time around, the new "grab-ledge" mechanich its such a buff for characters with "not-so-great" recoveries like Ike

I think he feels less stronger some points. The triple A combo doesn't do 15% anymore and it was just enough for Ike to get over the bar against other characters. Still, that Quick Draw special has major recovery. Fully charged sent me across the stage and died.

Faruko

MetalK9 wrote:

Faruko wrote:

I think he feels less stronger some points. The triple A combo doesn't do 15% anymore and it was just enough for Ike to get over the bar against other characters. Still, that Quick Draw special has major recovery. Fully charged sent me across the stage and died.

yes the damage has been nerfed, but his Aether & quick dash make up for that, some very good combos can be done

and yes...ive died quite a few times with the quick dash LOL

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Undead_terror

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I've only got ROB, Jigglypuff and Flat Zone 2 to unlock. Way too quick, wish there was more unlockables!

EDIT: Only ROB!

Ya getting all characters and stages are pretty much a breeze (although flatzone 2 takes time since you need to beat all first 35 challenges) but getting all custom powers, custom moves and mii stuff are even longer and harder to get, but I personally don't care for power ups now since I most use standard characters stats but will get moves and mii stuff as I go along.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

KO-Cub

Faruko wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Faruko wrote:

yes the damage has been nerfed, but his Aether & quick dash make up for that, some very good combos can be done

and yes...ive died quite a few times with the quick dash LOL

I haven't taken the time to dive into combo's again. I know 1 combo with a Down-Throw followed by a Aether, but in brawl you can use that on your opponent when they're at 0%. Gotta get back into training again.

Mikes

DreamyViridi wrote:

So has anyone had a go at this game's Multi-Man Cruel mode? I think it's the most fair Cruel has ever been, in the sense that I know what killed me and you can afford to get hit once. That said, still a pain in the backside and my method for easy KOs in Brawl doesn't work anymore. Those damn Brawler smashes!

The most I've gotten so far is 3 with Lucina...

I haven't tried it yet, so I just did it with Little Mac. He makes it feel easy, almost! I was only able to get two kills with a KO Punch before a Brawler smashed me, though.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

LzWinky

It's about the same as Brawl or Melee. One hit and you're dead

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.