Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 5,084

Captain_Toad

Everyone else notice that Club N is posting a survey for the smash bros demo on the 3ds? At least for me anyway?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Undead_terror

Captain_Toad wrote:

Everyone else notice that Club N is posting a survey for the smash bros demo on the 3ds? At least for me anyway?

Already posted about it, it's nice to get free 10 coins!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad wrote:

Oh and be quick you only have 2 days.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Yellow Devil, Metal Face, and RIDLEY were found in the Smash Run section in Smash 3DS' code files.

RIDLEY IS A BOSS! LOL

We act like this wasn't common knowledge. The question isn't if he's a boss or not, it's if can can't also be playable. I see no reason to think this, but it's not like we have any way of knowing until someone confirms or deconfirms it.

Could be playable. I mean, people who defend Ridley say "There's two Ridley's. The Original and the Other M." and seeing as Toon Link is playable and in spirit tracks at the same time. (Propably referencing the Four Swords.) It could be possible.

Operative wrote:

So no bosses for the 3DS version, right? That's a shame, but understandable.

No Boss Battles at least. We still have a couple of bosses.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

UGXwolf

MetalK9 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Yellow Devil, Metal Face, and RIDLEY were found in the Smash Run section in Smash 3DS' code files.

RIDLEY IS A BOSS! LOL

We act like this wasn't common knowledge. The question isn't if he's a boss or not, it's if can can't also be playable. I see no reason to think this, but it's not like we have any way of knowing until someone confirms or deconfirms it.

Could be playable. I mean, people who defend Ridley say "There's two Ridley's. The Original and the Other M." and seeing as Toon Link is playable and in spirit tracks at the same time. (Propably referencing the Four Swords.) It could be possible.

Operative wrote:

So no bosses for the 3DS version, right? That's a shame, but understandable.

No Boss Battles at least. We still have a couple of bosses.

First off, no, that's not a reference to Four Swords. Canonically, the Toon Link in game (mostly representing Wind Waker) and the Toon Link in the background (representing Spirit Tracks) are two different Toon Links. Now, Toon Link's (and for that matter, Link's) first four costume changes directly reference Four Swords by being those same colors. And even if they weren't canonically different Links, Alfonso takes Toon Link's spot when he's in battle, so it doesn't really matter.

By the same token, although less logical, Meta-Ridley could take Ridley's place when Ridley is being played. Or, as stated, the playable Ridley could be Other M Ridley, and not the typical Ridley, which apparently appears in Pyrosphere. (According to GameXplain, the wings don't match Other M Ridley or Meta-Ridley, so he has to be the classic Ridley.)

Also, just to be a donkey, I would consider Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Master Core to be boss battles.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

Hate to randomly bring this up, but...

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I remember people calling these Brawl mods. lol

Good times... Good times...

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

SockoMario wrote:

I still don't think that last one is legit. :V

But no, seriously, I don't like when people just assume that things are real, and you can't deny that that's what a lot of people were doing. Similarly, I don't like people assuming things are fake. I like to actually look at things and consider them. These felt fake and they still feel fake, no matter how real they actually are. Gut feelings =/= assumptions, but assuming gut feelings are correct ARE assumptions.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

UGXwolf wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

These felt fake and they still feel fake, no matter how real they actually are.

Call me stupid... but I don't get this part of your post.

So they felt fake and still do no matter how real they actually are? I don't get it...

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MegaStoneSmash91

NintyMan wrote:

I love the audio and sound effects in the new Smash. The sound of an attack hitting, a KO, electricity, and nostalgic sound effects like pulling up the red grass from Super Mario Bros. 2 and Boss Galaga's noise are all wonderfully made.

Yes indeed. It's a real hit in the audio department. Speaking of which, and I've thought this ever since Smash Fest, but I love the announcer. He has a good firm sounding voice. The way he says some of the character names is just excellent, especially Greninja. I know I'll be sitting at the character select screen quite a few times just spamming those lines over and over again because I love them.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

First off, no, that's not a reference to Four Swords. Canonically, the Toon Link in game (mostly representing Wind Waker) and the Toon Link in the background (representing Spirit Tracks) are two different Toon Links. Now, Toon Link's (and for that matter, Link's) first four costume changes directly reference Four Swords by being those same colors. And even if they weren't canonically different Links, Alfonso takes Toon Link's spot when he's in battle, so it doesn't really matter.

By the same token, although less logical, Meta-Ridley could take Ridley's place when Ridley is being played. Or, as stated, the playable Ridley could be Other M Ridley, and not the typical Ridley, which apparently appears in Pyrosphere. (According to GameXplain, the wings don't match Other M Ridley or Meta-Ridley, so he has to be the classic Ridley.)

Oops. Forgot Alfonzo.
Not sure why Meta-Ridley would take Ridley's spot in a boss battle if Ridley was being played at the same time since Classic Ridley and Meta Ridley are the same Ridley. I wouldn't be sure if the producers would go by this logic though. Overall, I'm so confused right now.

Eel

I find it funny that they actually bothered replacing the train Link with Alfonso if any Link is playing.

These are three completely different Links!

Anyway, I would actually not mind if Alfonso was the default driver.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

So Toon Link is only in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

Grumblevolcano wrote:

What do you mean?

Undead_terror

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The Link from Wind Waker is also in Phantom Hourglass, but the Link from Spirit tracks is a descendant of Wind Waker Link.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TeeJay

GUYS. Check out this glitch. It's freaking hilarious. I wanna try it out now if Nintendo doesn't patch it by release.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Justlink

TeeJay wrote:

GUYS. Check out this glitch. It's freaking hilarious. I wanna try it out now if Nintendo doesn't patch it by release.

That's awesome! Funny how he grew so large it considered him offscreen!

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

KO-Cub

TeeJay wrote:

Attack on Smash Brothers.

Edited on by KO-Cub

NintendoFan64

TeeJay wrote:

I'm beginning to think they could've spent more time debugging...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Uncle_Franklin

TeeJay wrote:

Er, so, some people suggested the game wasn't rushed?

Uncle_Franklin

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.