Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 5,084

UGXwolf

Bronze wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Ok, so everybody's a fan of the C-stick, I get that. I also understand that using it can be faster and easier, makes sense. Somehow using the C-stick never caught on with me, though. Using the stick in combination with the attack button somehow made smash attacks feel.....well, more like smash attacks. Executing them with the C-stick didn't feel quite the same, almost like something was missing. Maybe it's just me. Plus I wasn't a fan of taking my thumb off of the main face buttons.

maybe its because you dont use as much force as you do when pressing the buttons. (unless of course you dont use much force to begin with)
Or maybe the fact that in Game cube games, the C-stick is mainly used for adjusting the camera instead of attacks?

Or it just take a TINY less work pressing a button down, than relocating your finger and pushing the stick sideways?
We ARE talking about the yellow stick on the gamecube controller right?
My last comment, I thought we were talking about the circle pad on the 3DS. Being ignored, I'm starting to wonder if you guys look at me as an idiot.

None of those seem quite right. I think it's more the combination of making the move slightly more complex and the satisfaction of seeing it hit. Think of it like the Warlock Punch. It's SOOOO slow, but if it hits, it's the most satisfying feeling ever. Especially if the opponent is at high damage, so they get sent flying.

Also, I don't think anyone considers you dumb or anything. It's just hard to reply to everyone in the deluge of comments, so it's easy for someone's comment to get overlooked. Happens a lot to me when I post a video and it seems like no one watched it. Though maybe that's for different reasons like the videos are usually over 15 minutes long.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

19Robb92

I like the costumes.

If Wolf is indeed cut, I'm expecting Fox to have Wolf's move-set available in the Custom-Moves section.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

ProtoMac

No Wolf on the leaked roster
he's gone

THANK HEAVENS FOR THE GINORMOUS META KNIGHT NERF!

UGXwolf

ProtoMac wrote:

he's gone

Even if we're assuming the leaked roster is completely unchanged, We already know it's not the full roster. There's a padlock on the All-Star mode screen proving that they're still missing characters.

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

ProtoMac wrote:

he's gone

Even if we're assuming the leaked roster is completely unchanged, We already know it's not the full roster. There's a padlock on the All-Star mode screen proving that they're still missing characters.

You know that he is gone though.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Inkling

Wait Dixie Kong could have just been deconfirmed D:

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

TeeJay

Splatom wrote:

Mario has a Wario recolor in Brawl. Just putting that out there.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Scanning wrote:

If the Ice Climbers are cut, I won't be too mad, as I don't use them that often, but it'd be very disappointing. You think they'd be guaranteed veterans at this point. Kinda sucks that the 3DS has potentially held some things back.

Ugh...I.just went over this the other day. The 3DD can handle the Ice Climbers, even 4 of them online.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

UGXwolf

Jazzer94 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

ProtoMac wrote:

he's gone

You know that he is gone though.

No, actually, we don't. I admit that was first reaction, but it proves a lot of nothing. Even if the ESRB roster is true and untouched, we know there are missing characters, as I've already stated, and you better believe Wolf would be one of the last four or five characters unlocked. He could simply be locked still.

On that note, why does it now seem like you WANT Wolf to be cut? (I can only assume some amount of schadenfreude is involved, similar to people that want Slippy in to piss off SF fans, but I don't feel like that covers it completely.)

UGXwolf

@Scanning @TeeJay I side with TeeJay on this one. I really don't understand how ANYONE thinks the Ice Climbers are MORE complex than Rosa/Luma. Luma pretty much acts EXACTLY like Nana, except he has very strange gravity, can be sent away or called back at a whim, can be resummoned, and doesn't have a delay on his attacks like Nana does. I seriously have no idea how people think that's LESS complex than the Ice Climbers, which is essentially an AI designed to stay right next to Popo and do as he does with a slight delay.

Inkling

TeeJay wrote:

Splatom wrote:

Mario has a Wario recolor in Brawl. Just putting that out there.

Could.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

The_Ninja

This game looks really beautiful. I think that it's the second best looking 3DS game out there (the best being Resident Evil Revelations). I mean there are almost no jaggies, even when I put it on fullscreen on my tablet (except with POTD's) which isn't the case with almost all 3DS games. And it's gonna look even better in real life.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

TuVictus

Agreed, I was really worried when it was announced that we'd either get decent graphics but terrible stability, or hideous graphics for constant frame rate. The fact the the game is 60 fps and can look that good is really surprising. I hope it can stay constant even with four people duking it out

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

Operative wrote:

Agreed, I was really worried when it was announced that we'd either get decent graphics but terrible stability, or hideous graphics for constant frame rate. The fact the the game is 60 fps and can look that good is really surprising. I hope it can stay constant even with four people duking it out

The New 3DS situation also made me concerned in this area, something along the lines of 4 player matches stay at 60fps but only if you're playing on a new 3DS otherwise it dropping to 30fps. The fact that New 3DS owners already have the advantage with c-stick smash attacks is already concerning enough.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Knux

If the Ice Climbers are cut, it wouldn't be too big of a loss for me personally. But Wolf being gone would suck.

Knux

Nintendo_Ninja

Judging by gameplay, this games speed seems like Super Smash Bros 2.5. Less floaty, but just a little floaty.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Eel

A little floaty is nice. Melee was like playing with stones in Jupiter.

Speaking of Melee, Zipzo (the guy giving all this new information) said Sheik was like a character taken straight from Melee and put in the new smash. It seems she plays a lot more like her Melee self than any other character.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.