3DS Forum

Topic: Square Enix Open to localizing more Dragon Quest Rocket Slime games

Showing 1 to 20 of 39

AuthorMessage
Pianomanfreak

Pianomanfreak

1. Posted:

Hey everyone it seems like Square Enix is making headlines this monday anyway i was on http://nintendoeverything.com Also what your thoughts on this?

My Youtube channel!

Nintendo Network ID: Pianomanfreak

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

2. Posted:

NO.

DON'T GET MY HOPES UP SE!

DONT

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Let's Play MegaMan 64 (now with a playlist)!

AuthorMessage
Punished_Boss_84

Punished_Boss_84

3. Posted:

But for which platform? That's the million dollar question.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: Pokemon White 2, MGS: Peace Walker HD, Portable Ops, Borderlands TPS!

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

4. Posted:

Punished_Boss wrote:

But for which platform? That's the million dollar question.

...the 3DS? That's what they were originally on...

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Furealz

Furealz

5. Posted:

I just made a topic on this and deleted it, somebody beat me to the punch. But because of the Did You Know Gaming video yesterday....it made me want to play ALL the games so badly! It's like a Zelda with Starfy art-style wombo-combo. I wonder if I'm like Shulk sometimes and can see the future! XD I also want Starfy to come back!

Edited on by Furealz

Furealz

Nintendo Network ID: Furealz

AuthorMessage
Punished_Boss_84

Punished_Boss_84

6. Posted:

WaLzgi wrote:

Punished_Boss wrote:

But for which platform? That's the million dollar question.

...the 3DS? That's what they were originally on...

Unless Nintendo steps in (like before) the platform Square Enix eventually localises this for is very much up in the air. Actually the whole history of which platforms DQ ends up on is bizarre to say the least...

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: Pokemon White 2, MGS: Peace Walker HD, Portable Ops, Borderlands TPS!

AuthorMessage
Pianomanfreak

Pianomanfreak

7. Posted:

Furealz wrote:

I just made a topic on this and deleted it, somebody beat me to the punch. But because of the Did You Know Gaming video yesterday....it made me want to play ALL the games so badly! It's like a Zelda with Starfy art-style wombo-combo. I wonder if I'm like Shulk sometimes and can see the future! XD I also want Starfy to come back!

Yeah i saw that video too.

My Youtube channel!

Nintendo Network ID: Pianomanfreak

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

8. Posted:

Furealz wrote:

I just made a topic on this and deleted it, somebody beat me to the punch. But because of the Did You Know Gaming video yesterday....it made me want to play ALL the games so badly! It's like a Zelda with Starfy art-style wombo-combo. I wonder if I'm like Shulk sometimes and can see the future! XD I also want Starfy to come back!

It's hard to describe Rocket Slime tbh. But the gameplay is I guess...vaguely like Zelda? Maybe? It's unique to say the least, and that's not even getting to the best part of the game. The tank battles are brilliant.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Let's Play MegaMan 64 (now with a playlist)!

AuthorMessage
TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime

9. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Furealz wrote:

I just made a topic on this and deleted it, somebody beat me to the punch. But because of the Did You Know Gaming video yesterday....it made me want to play ALL the games so badly! It's like a Zelda with Starfy art-style wombo-combo. I wonder if I'm like Shulk sometimes and can see the future! XD I also want Starfy to come back!

It's hard to describe Rocket Slime tbh. But the gameplay is I guess...vaguely like Zelda? Maybe? It's unique to say the least, and that's not even getting to the best part of the game. The tank battles are brilliant.

I still hate my younger self for getting rid of it when I had it... It was a fantastic game. Played through it at least 3 times.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

10. Posted:

Punished_Boss wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Punished_Boss wrote:

But for which platform? That's the million dollar question.

...the 3DS? That's what they were originally on...

Unless Nintendo steps in (like before) the platform Square Enix eventually localises this for is very much up in the air. Actually the whole history of which platforms DQ ends up on is bizarre to say the least...

If it was built on the 3DS, it will be localized on the 3DS. Why would they localize it on something else, especially since that would most likely require making an entirely new build for a game they're not sure will sell...

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

11. Posted:

WaLzgi wrote:

Punished_Boss wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Punished_Boss wrote:

But for which platform? That's the million dollar question.

...the 3DS? That's what they were originally on...

Unless Nintendo steps in (like before) the platform Square Enix eventually localises this for is very much up in the air. Actually the whole history of which platforms DQ ends up on is bizarre to say the least...

If it was built on the 3DS, it will be localized on the 3DS. Why would they localize it on something else, especially since that would most likely require making an entirely new build for a game they're not sure will sell...

I'd say "because Square Enix" but I don't have THAT low of an opinion of them.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Let's Play MegaMan 64 (now with a playlist)!

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

12. Posted:

What else would they localize it on...?

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
MorpheelStaff

Morpheel

13. Posted:

WaLzgi wrote:

What else would they localize it on...?

Untitled

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
C-Olimar

C-Olimar

14. Posted:

Morphbug wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

What else would they localize it on...?

Untitled

$199 for DQIV?!?
I mean it's worth it but... where do you live??
Also charge your iPad!

Edited on by C-Olimar

C-Olimar

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

15. Posted:

I'd like to believe that's a glitch. Otherwise I might have to reconsider fleeing to Mexico - my math skills are not that good.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
MorpheelStaff

Morpheel

16. Posted:

I live in Mexico, that roughly translates to 15 US dollars (DQ VIII costs the same, but it seems I forgot to scroll down to show it).

Edited on by Morpheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths

17. Posted:

WaLzgi wrote:

What else would they localize it on...?

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD says hi.

I am your poorly translated JRPG.

AuthorMessage
alLabouTandroiD

alLabouTandroiD

18. Posted:

I'm open to opening my wallet for 'em.

no apple

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage
Geonjaha

Geonjaha

19. Posted:

Open to localising it? Seriously Square Enix, you taunt us Dragon Quest fans enough. Just localise it, or any of the games; I'll be here waiting.

I make Pixel Art on occasion, and sometimes sell them as Game Assets.
Help bring Dragon Quest back to the West, so we can all resume having fun. :)

AuthorMessage
Jazzer94Staff

Jazzer94

20. Posted:

For second I thought you meant Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime 3, now I'll just go cry in the corner.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94