Forums

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,089

RR529

GamecubeMan wrote:

However if you are reading this Nintendo, this is not an invitation to continue this silly tradition of making the Paper Mario Series more and more “less RPGish” >:[

Actually, Sticker Star is an RPG as is. While I too would prefer that a traditional exp based leveling system be reintroduced to the series, the system used in this game is nothing new to RPGs.

Crimson Shroud, Anonymous Notes, & more before them, are all RPGs that don't feature a leveling system. Instead, just like Sticker Star, you have to search the environment, loot enemies, and buy better equipment as you go along. The only difference in Sticker Star (a somewhat annoying one, I'll admit), is that all this equipment has a one use limit. Despite that one difference, though, the base concept is the same.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

I'm on 5-1, and need help. I'm on the part where the 3 Spear Guys split up (each one having a "scrap" of path needed to reach the comet piece).

I followed the right one into the area where it was hiding in the tall grass, and chased it until it was eaten by the flower. Now the "scrap" piece is on the other side of the flower, & I can't get to it, because the flower will eat me if I try (BTW, it's not a Piranha Plant, for those wondering).

I know I can safely walk atop it, if I stun it by hammering it's base, but when I do that, by the time I get back up top, it's out of the trance.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

GamecubeMan

Thats sounds great (no sarcasm, Im planning on picking up that title in the future) but I just dont want Nintendo to bring back anything remotely similar to the Sticker System. I miss Paper Mario feeling like a full on RPG

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

RR529

Ketchupcat wrote:

There's a hidden block on the platform near the flower that you need to hit with the hammer.

Thanks! Got through the area now.

With these things, I tend to think too hard and overlook the simplest answers, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Just finished Grumble Volcano. Should be getting close to finishing the game now.

Also, I didn't need to use any "thing" stickers for the last two major bosses I've fought

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

kkslider5552000

RR529 wrote:

Just finished Grumble Volcano.

...well that's a random Mario Kart reference. I guess this is their thanks for the Mario Kart team actually acknowledging the existance of the most interesting Mario side series.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

Just finished it! I'll post my detailed thoughts tomorrow

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Okay, time for full impressions, lol.

Graphics: They don't push the system's boundaries by any means, but the paper craft theme that completely permiates the game (moreso than any past PM) really adds a unique charm not found anywhere else. Also, there is tons of visual variety throughout the game. With the exception of the forest area, no two levels feel/look the same. Oh, and the use of 3D is brilliant.

Gameplay: I was skeptical of the sticker system at first, but in the end I'm glad they tried something new. Sure, I'll admit that I'd have preferred traditional combat, but the sticker system does feel fresh, the battle spinner adds a nice layer of strategy, and I never ran low on stickers (which was my main concern). Also (unlike a multitude of reviews), I didn't feel like the game relied too much on "thing" stickers. Sure, the bosses are tougher without them, but still completely beatable. Also, I was never in a situation where I was stuck with no idea of what "thing" I should use to solve a puzzle. I think most reviewers' problems were caused when they insinuated that you could explore the game world in a non-linear fashion (when you go through the areas in order, you'll find that you rarely have to use a "thing" sticker that you got more than two levels before, and when you do, the answer is pretty obvious, IMO).

Story: This factor has taken a back seat, but there's still plenty of that charming Paper Mario wit to be found. Whether it be a cheeky group of enemies, a bullied upon toad, random game show, amongst other things, such as the ongoing "Green Man" conspiracy gag, there's lots of funny writing & events throughout the game. Also, Decalburg is constantly changing, promting you to return from time to time.

Overall: It's not my favorite 3DS game, but it's still a great game, and well worth being in any 3DS collection.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

e-love

I'm still chillin' in World 3 while some of you are beating (or already have beaten) the game.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

New_3DaSh_XL

I just got this the other day, and I'm having a blast with it. I'm a bit stuck on trying to get the second star in World 2-3, but don't tell me how to get it yet. I feel like it should be so obvious...

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Otto-Soq

I am near the end, but want to get all the stickers and 8 challenge flags!

3ds code: 3840-5310-3696
psn: Eefje&Otto

Spoony_Tech

Emaan wrote:

I'm still chillin' in World 3 while some of you are beating (or already have beaten) the game.

I did that with kid Icarus. I got it day one but took my sweet time beating it because I didn't want it to end. IIRC you took a while to beat it as well!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

e-love

@Tech101, oh yes I did. I got Kid Icarus: Uprising launch day in late March, and didn't finish the main story until like late April.

Only, I have no problem with that. I don't like to rush my games.

Spoony_Tech

Emaan wrote:

@Tech101, oh yes I did. I got Kid Icarus: Uprising launch day in late March, and didn't finish the main story until like late April.

Only, I have no problem with that. I don't like to rush my games.

You know you asked me in that topic to add you a couple of times and replyd and did but you never seen it. Do you still have room for another code?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

e-love

@Tech101, feel free to add me.

RR529

Although I've beaten the story, I'm not done with Sticker Star yet. I've still got to complete the sticker museum, stick up all the secret doors, find a couple more HP hearts, and complete all the achievements.

Going to take a break before doing all that though. Need to complete some side stuff in KH:DDD first.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

e-love

RR529 wrote:

Going to take a break before doing all that though. Need to complete some side stuff in KH:DDD first.

What side stuff?

RR529

Emaan wrote:

RR529 wrote:

What side stuff?

Finding overlooked treasure chests, completing Link Portals, trying to obtain all kinds of Dream Eaters, and seeing what Flick Rush is all about. that kind of stuff.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.