Forums

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,089

e-love

Curse those Sombrero-wearing-Shy-Guys

>:0

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

zoroarkrules25

Those shy guys aren't that hard to kill just avoid there hats.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Spoony_Tech

DestinyMan wrote:

Emaan wrote:

@DestinyMan, as far as the fans go. Paperize!

With what?

Any sticker.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

e-love

I wish I would have known it was any, I used one of my shiny leaves.

Noob_The_Third

Emaan wrote:

I wish I would have known it was any, I used one of my shiny leaves.

But don't you get those in World 3? I don't think there are any stickers you'll need that you have to go to a later world to get them. (Besides for the secret doors.)

RR529

I'm really loving this game (Liking it much more than Super Paper Mario).

While it's story is more tame in comparison to previous Mario RPGs, that famous Mario RPG wit is still ever present with what I like to call "area events", what with cheeky groups of enemies talking themselves up, and/or a misfortunate Toad who'se lost or being bullied.

I'm also not very bothered by the sticker system, and it's not the first time an RPG has forgone the experience based leveling system. Both Crimson Shroud & Anonymous Notes (and probably more before them) have you searching the environment & fighting enemies to find better equipment/spells in lieu of leveling.

I also don't mind that there isn't an overworld, as again, it isn't the first RPG not to feature one (in fact, I find it comparable to Super Mario RPG, where you also go from area to area via world map). Also, the areas are actually much bigger than I thought they would be as well.

The paper theme is really taken to heart here, and it presents some of the more unique visuals on 3DS (with some very clever use of 3D). Just finished the Yoshi Sphinx level, which really wowed me.

The main quest looks like it will take a decent amount of time itself, and what with finding all the secret exits, unlocking those special doors in all the levels, completing the achievements, and completing the sticker museum, the game looks to offer a lot to do.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Just got to area 3-12. Can't wait to get this forest province over with. It has at least twice as many areas as the previous two provinces (which each had six areas each), which isn't necessarily a bad thing (the longer the game, the better), but there isn't nearly as much diversity here (scenary wise), as there was in the previous two provinces (for example, the desert province had a desert area, Sphinx area, catacomb area, oasis area, and tower area. In comparison, all the forest province's areas are pretty much just trees & poison goop).

I'm still having loads of fun with the game though, and one area in the forest province (won't spoil which one) had a totally unexpected game show atmosphere, which came out of left field (in a good way). Also, each area still has it's unique gimmick as well (such as the tried and true maze where you have to pick the right "door" in each room, otherwise you'll be sent back to the very first room).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

e-love

I'm stuck in the Drybake Stadium >:0
In the room where sand seems to be blocking every door.

Yeah, I'll be scrolling back through this thread for help.

Spoony_Tech

Emaan wrote:

I'm stuck in the Drybake Stadium >:0
In the room where sand seems to be blocking every door.

Yeah, I'll be scrolling back through this thread for help.

That one I remember and could help if you like. I think I also gave this answer to someone as well.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

e-love

I got past there, only to be demolished by the Pokey boss battle. >:0

Cool.

Spoony_Tech

Emaan wrote:

I got past there, only to be demolished by the Pokey boss battle. >:0

Cool.

Don't worry I did too. I think it was the hardest boss battle because the stickers still kinda sucked at that time.

MERG said:

e-love

Am I doing something wrong?
Why does every one of my attacks basically do nothing?

Spoony_Tech

Emaan wrote:

Am I doing something wrong?
Why does every one of my attacks basically do nothing?

Use those special stickers. One should be obvious. You can also use timed button presses with those stickers as well! Go on hit a home run!

MERG said:

e-love

Wow. I just realized I could use the baseball bat.

Before I saw that post by the way ^

How is that effective though if I can only use it one time?

Spoony_Tech

You should have more special stickers then that right. Once you hit him enough your attacks do more damage!

MERG said:

e-love

Boss defeated!

When you said special stickers did you mean the "Things"? I didn't have many in sticker form to save space. Regardless, I was luckily able to pummel him out with normal stickers after the bat did the trick.

On to World 3!

RR529

Emaan wrote:

Wow. I just realized I could use the baseball bat.

Before I saw that post by the way ^

How is that effective though if I can only use it one time?

Wait to use it until all 5 of his segments are out. The baseball bat will hit each one (meaning you'll get in five big hits with one sticker).

Also be sure to use that battle spinner, that way you can use multiple attacks in one turn.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Spoony_Tech

Yeah I was talking about the thing stickers. You get much more space to store those soon enough.

MERG said:

MasterWario

I first found out you could use A for the special stickers at the 3rd Boss Battle.
I was all like I can't believe I didn't know that for so long!

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

GamecubeMan

Just beat the 3rd boss. I must say, what this game lacks in gameplay (No partners, XP) it makes up in charm.
However if you are reading this Nintendo, this is not an invitation to continue this silly tradition of making the Paper Mario Series more and more “less RPGish” >:[

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.