Forums

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,089

Drawdler

Hrrrm... Good game, but battling is quite pointless. The battles are charming and the system is creative, but there are just too many encounters for this game lacking RPG elements. It's more of a platformer with fighting on the side but the platforming isn't amazing either. Oh well.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Spoony_Tech

Nibelilt wrote:

Hrrrm... Good game, but battling is quite pointless. The battles are charming and the system is creative, but there are just too many encounters for this game lacking RPG elements. It's more of a platformer with fighting on the side but the platforming isn't amazing either. Oh well.

You think battles are not important till you realize you need them for the money. You will need plenty of money if you want to continue to slow down the battle spinner later on in difficult boss battles. I finished the game with literally no money at all because of this. Battling is pretty much the only way to get money.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

xBASSxMONSTAx

Oh yeah beat the fire piranha boss. Now I'm up in the clouds thanks to wiggly woo.

Is there anything I need before I start the battle with baby bowser?

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

ARRRGGGGHHHH WTF? The last boss level i spent like 30-40 minutes battling, he has 400hp and damaging him is near impossible, you can't jump on him either, each time you finally manage to take a 100hp, he moves to a different section. There's five sections in all and oh yeah, he loves to recover his health to full after each section. then right at the end when you think u finally beat him. He comes back huge with 500hp, his attacks are now lethal, he crumpled me then he done like 50+ damage in one go. Every move I done to him only took 1 point away... Seriously that is bullshit. I raged for like 5 minutes after i lost a hard fought battle, you then have to start all over again including the 3 wizard broomstick mini boss before you even face bowser, I ended up taking the game out and throwing it across the room hitting the wardrobe. Never again am I touching it.

Theres No need to make the final level that difficult.

This game has made me lose my temper too many times, I will advise anyone to think very hard before buying this, it's not fun at all, you will get frustrated a lot of the time like I did unless you use the walk through guide. The battle system stinks, story sucks and there's more, the only bit I liked is the graphics and even that could of been improved especially with the 3D effect.

Going back on mario on the Wii-U which i never should of left for ths stupid game. 19hrs I wasted on sticker star only to feel frustrated, angry, disappointed.

xBASSxMONSTAx

Nintenyearold

I hated Sticker Star so much. I just couldn't forgive the sticker mechanic it ruined everything that made it an RPG. No leveling, no companions, no real incentive to actually beat enemies. Just boredom. Returned that to Gamestop 4 days after I got it. Worst preorder of my life.

My Site : Nintenyearold.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code : 0946-2267-9354
Wii U : Soon

Twitter:

Nintenyearold

Alien_Mosky wrote:

You beat enemies to get coins

And you use the coins to buy stickers, which you then use to defeat enemies. It seemed sort of circular and unnecessary.

My Site : Nintenyearold.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code : 0946-2267-9354
Wii U : Soon

Twitter:

sugarpixel

Nintenyearold wrote:

Alien_Mosky wrote:

You beat enemies to get coins

And you use the coins to buy stickers, which you then use to defeat enemies. It seemed sort of circular and unnecessary.

It's like Little Inferno! Burn stuff to get more money to buy more things to burn! Buy stickers to beat more enemies to get more money to buy more stickers! But Little Inferno, I think, does a bit better job with that mechanic. Between the two games, I've enjoyed Little Inferno a thousand times more. Not to say that I didn't enjoy Paper Mario Sticker Star, though.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

e-love

You all have created quite the guide for this game. I'll be sure to read back through this one I have my own copy come Christmas.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

sugarpixel

Emaan wrote:

You all have created quite the guide for this game. I'll be sure to read back through this one I have my own copy come Christmas.

Glad to be of service!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

e-love

It seems like I'm going to need it.

This game seems pretty convoluted at times. I like a challenge though >:3

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Spoony_Tech

Emaan wrote:

It's nothing I couldn't figure out on my ow. Some people just don't have the patients for this game!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

sugarpixel

Tech101 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

It's nothing I couldn't figure out on my ow. Some people just don't have the patients for this game!

My sentiments exactly!

Sinister

This game was the reason why i wanted to get a 3DS.
Now i do not even want to play the game anymore. All those stupid changes.
Well it is Nintendo's choice to chnage their games but it is mine not to buy them anymore,
This game was supposed to be the glory end of gaming for me this year. Instead i just got Ghost Recon for the 3DS.

3DS FC: 4553-9946-1131

xBASSxMONSTAx

Nintendo is getting a strongly worded email from me about this game as feedback. These changes shouldn't of been made,

I might even take this game back and say its faulty and so I get my money back.

xBASSxMONSTAx

Noob_The_Third

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

Nintendo is getting a strongly worded email from me about this game as feedback. These changes shouldn't of been made,

I might even take this game back and say its faulty and so I get my money back.

You gave this game a 7/10 until you faught Bowser because he was too hard. That was what you didn't like but that wasn't even a change beause all Paper Marios Bowser is hard.

Edited on by Noob_The_Third

xBASSxMONSTAx

I bought a 3DS for mario 3D Land. Still the best mario game for 3DS

xBASSxMONSTAx

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.