Forums

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,089

DreamyViridi

I got this game yesterday, on World 3 right now and I liked from the start. What is everyone's problem with this game? Is it because you actually have to use your brain for once and think about what to do...? Or just "because it's different"? Gamers these days....

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

sugarpixel

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I got this game yesterday, on World 3 right now and I liked from the start. What is everyone's problem with this game? Is it because you actually have to use your brain for once and think about what to do...? Or just "because it's different"? Gamers these days....

Yeah, idk. It's a good game. I've never played any other Paper Mario game, so I can't compare it to older ones. I'm having fun collecting all the stickers right now!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

xBASSxMONSTAx

Omg, done iiiit. Completed the last level thanks to the walk through.

So after i cooled down, i collected the game from the other side of the room (luckily there's no damage) i couldn't resist retrying that boss again. But this time using the guide I knew the weaknesses of bowser and knew what to use.

I can now walk away knowing I completed it.

Heres a pic of me tea bagging bowser : Untitled

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

DreamyViridi

@Gioku
I am as well. Whenever I get a flashy sticker, I never use it. I always seem to go to Decelburg every couple of levels.
"Ooo, new sticker, save it for museum, don't use it!"

I've played all of the Paper Mario's but I don't have a favourite, they're all good.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

zoroarkrules25

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I couldn't agree more. People need to actually try these days and different isn't bad. Each pokemon generation is different but it is still on of the most loved games in all the planet today. Also i thought bowser was mad easy, giant jump/hammer stickers, and infinite jump sticker= bowser's death XD. I loved the game and i thought the shadow queen in tyod was harder.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

DreamyViridi

@zoroarkrules25
Yeah, the Shadow Queen (in addition to being a very interesting boss) is the only Paper Mario boss that's caused me a Game Over so far.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

TeeJay

Finished the game some time ago. I only just barely scraped a victory with Bowser despite all my preparation. Not a fight I will be battling again.

And I got all the HP upgrades. It is 100! I also completed the battle sticker half of the museum. Disappointing reward for oodles of work; how Nintendo-esque.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

WaluigiBag

Potential Spoilers!

I completed World 4 yesterday. It is my favorite World yet!

The Super Mario 64 Slide theme remix from World 4-6 is awesome!

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

Spoony_Tech

Because it saves your progress up to browser but not past him! Did you notice you still had most of the stickers you had before the fight?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Noob_The_Third

Tech101 wrote:

Because it saves your progress up to browser but not past him! Did you notice you still had most of the stickers you had before the fight?

So that level will always be incomplete?

TeeJay

Alien_Mosky wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

So that level will always be incomplete?

Yup. I hate it when games do that.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

rayword45

The Paper Mario series has always done that IIRC. It's an annoyance, but what can you do? Hopefully a patch of some sort if enough people request it.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Drawdler

No, no no, don't get me wrong, I like Sticker Star, and I actually praise it for trying something different, but it could have been thought out a little better. Collecting stickers is a lot of fun, but the coins from beating up enemies just feels unrewarding. If I wanted lots of coins I would play NSMB2. It's a cool gimmick in my opinion and people should stop shunning it just because it's not a classic RPG game but it just isn't doing it for me personally. We'll see if my opinion changes later on(I only just finished the first world, so there).
And the save thing is a frustrating thing with the Mario RPGs in general, so I don't think it will get swapped. It's still weird having Bowser in the Castle in PiT to me(though that doesn't affect completion stats anyway).

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Spoony_Tech

The only major annoyance I would say would have to be not having the right sticker to advance the game. It's not like the game tells you what you need most of the time. It didn't really effect me as I always had the right sticker but I could see how someone could get frustrated because they have no clue what to do to advance the story.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Tech101 wrote:

The only major annoyance I would say would have to be not having the right sticker to advance the game. It's not like the game tells you what you need most of the time. It didn't really effect me as I always had the right sticker but I could see how someone could get frustrated because they have no clue what to do to advance the story.

thinking? Effort? Not in my Mario games!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

HankLangley

Tech101 wrote:

thtas what makes it fun! how do you think they play zelda? use your noggin!

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Sinister

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Because the game is not what we wanted. We wanted a game like the old Paper Marios. And after watching the first teaser that was not wrong to expect.
That teaser showed a chain dog as a partner.
Now the partners are gone. The fights are not worth fighting. And the story is such a bare minimun that yo can hardly call it a story anymore.

Take a look at a playthrough of "the thousand year door" on youtube and you will see what we are talking about.

If you were waiting (like me) for over 2 years for this game and then get told everything you wanted from that game got scrapped because miyamota said so you would not like this game either.

Miyamoto went from gaming god to gaming insect in my opinion.

3DS FC: 4553-9946-1131

zoroarkrules25

Ya i remember that it showed a chain chomp with mario in battle but that never happened in the game.

Edited on by zoroarkrules25

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.