3DS Forum

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Showing 121 to 140 of 1,122

AuthorMessage

DanteSolablood

121. Posted:

Paper Mario Kart next please... maybe followed by Paper Mario Tennis? :)

Never really managed to get any of the previous Paper Mario Games as they were hard to find & always came out 'round about the time there was something else I wanted to get (usually a big Pokémon release). REALLY want to pick this game up. Hope it represents it's ancestors proudly!

Game Name: Danse
Pokedex needs: Pokédex Complete (718), shinies only.
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Safari Type: Steel - Skarmary, Mawile, Klefki
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter: DanteSolablood

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

122. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

So I went to Gamestop yesterday because they actually had a copy of Tales of the Abyss, and since I obviously have a 3DS and like RPGs, the guy asked if I wanted to pre-order Paper Mario. When I said that it didn't even have a release date yet, he said that they do have a set release date, but he refused to tell me what it is since I wouldn't pre-order. I'm sure it's just some placeholder date that won't necessarily be correct, but they were right about Xenoblade's release date before it was even announced to be coming here. Has anyone else heard about a date for Paper Mario, or actually had Gamestop tell them what it is?

that is very strange and unprofessional of him. some gamestops are very weird.

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

KryptoKrunch

123. Posted:

I'd like to see Wart, Cackletta and/or the Koopalings return in Paper form.

Yeah Gamestop are sometimes off with the release dates. A GS employee told me that Skyward Sword would come out March 2011(before it had a release date).

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=KryptoKrunch

[3DS Friend Code: 2793-1322-9869] Pokemon X/Y FS Type: Bug.
[NNID: KryptoniteKrunch]

AuthorMessage

Bubbab5

124. Posted:

MR_SUPREME69 wrote:

Vaynard wrote:

Glad its going back to its roots. Not that awful Super Paper Mario garbage. lol sorry fans.

Finally someone agrees with me...I hated Super Paper Mario. Thousand Year Door is my favorite :)

I hated the wii one the GCN was the best but I really can't say that cause I I haven't played the 64 version I liked the wii one at 1st but it was WAAAAAAYYYY to easy finished it in about a week. Also I hope they do what they did in the TYD on the 3DS one where you would swap between Mario Bowser and Peach every now and then the bowser parts were my favorites of TYD.

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

125. Posted:

Not too excited for this one. Since Bowser is the bad guy again I'm staying FAR away from this game unless it has a lot in common with the N64 one, which is better than the terrible wii one. IMO

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

126. Posted:

I'm not too e><cited either but with Luigi's Mansion delayed who knows... though I like that Bowser is the bad guy again. This will interest me a bit more.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

127. Posted:

If he has a reason for being the bad guy (Like in the original) then I'll buy it, but I'm still mad that they removed open world in exchange for stages.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

128. Posted:

I'm glad we finally have a release date. Now I know by when I need the money. I'm really excited for this one. It looks very similar to the 64 original which I loved. Don't really care if Bowser is the bad guy here again. At least he had a break in previous entries.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

129. Posted:

Cant wait for this title. Hopefully its at least half as good as Thousand Year Door.

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

130. Posted:

I know this game will be awesome, probably almost as good as TTYD. :p (didn't like the first one much, and SPM was ok)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

131. Posted:

I really hope this game will have partners, haven't seen any at all in any trailers/videos. :c

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

132. Posted:

I think they confirmed a while back that there are no partners because of the stickers and the main character that follows mario around. The star thingy.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

133. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

If he has a reason for being the bad guy (Like in the original) then I'll buy it, but I'm still mad that they removed open world in exchange for stages.

Wait, there's no open world? Looks like I'll be waiting on reviews for this one then. I loved playing through the game at my own pace in Thousand Year Door and doing other stuff.
I guess they could still have that, but no open world in an RPG is something that I'm concerned about. Maybe it'll be like Final Fantasy XIII and it opens up towards the end?

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

134. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I'm still mad that they removed open world in exchange for stages.

Do you mean collecting the star thing behind the checkered line? That's all I can think of where that might be the case, but what source did you see that confirming it?

If this turns out to be more linear, it better not be like Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

135. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Do you mean collecting the star thing behind the checkered line? That's all I can think of where that might be the case, but what source did you see that confirming it?

If this turns out to be more linear, it better not be like Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.

I'm guessing he's referring to this:
Untitled

As in, no fully connected overworld but rather individual stages to choose from.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Noob_The_Third

136. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I'm guessing he's referring to this:
Untitled

As in, no fully connected overworld but rather individual stages to choose from.

[/div]

Yeah. Cause in the original you walk around through the paths.
There's no way this will be better than the N64 version because I love Shy Guy toy box.

Edited on by Noob_The_Third

8 Bit Forward

AuthorMessage

Noob_The_Third

137. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

You mean when he wanted to take over Peaches castle?

8 Bit Forward

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

138. Posted:

Expecting any game to be as good as the first Paper Mario is just unfair. That being said, while I'm slightly cautious about that, it likely makes no difference. Paper Mario was pretty much completely linear anyway (thankfully, since TTYD had some of the worst attempts at backtracking in modern gaming). Backtracking aside you could pretty much divide the previous games into stages if you actually wanted to. Like Pleasent Path is a completely linear level 1-1, the Koopa Village stuff with the Fuzzies is 1-2, the rest of Pleasent Path is 1-3 and Koopa Bros. Fortress is 1-4. Besides, SMRPG also had a map screen.

Also, bonus points for the map screen actually being interesting unlike Galaxy 2, NSMB or especially 3D Land.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

139. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Expecting any game to be as good as the first Paper Mario is just unfair.

It's just a game - and it wasn't made by god. It's always possible to make sequels as good as or better than an original title, and its not unfair to believe that one will be.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

140. Posted:

The map makes me more interested in this game for some reason... or maybe it's because Luigi's Mansion and Castlevania were delayed... damn you Nintendo

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.