Forums

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,089

19Robb92

ymmas626 wrote:

I've played a good majority of the mario games except for the paper mario series but am getting paper mario for the 3ds.

Is paper mario much different from the other mario games?

Paper Mario will be my first paper mario game in the series for me.

Just curious...

Thank's in advance!

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

It's RPG-ish and humorous.

Have you played any of the Mario & Luigi games? It shares a lot of things with that franchise.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Barbiegurl777

19Robb92 wrote:

ymmas626 wrote:

I've played a good majority of the mario games except for the paper mario series but am getting paper mario for the 3ds.

Is paper mario much different from the other mario games?

Paper Mario will be my first paper mario game in the series for me.

Just curious...

Thank's in advance!

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

[/div]

[/div]

It's RPG-ish and humorous.

Have you played any of the Mario & Luigi games? It shares a lot of things with that franchise.

[/div]

My Mario games:

Super Mario All Stars - SNES (Traded in)
Super Mario World - SNES (Traded in)
Mario Pinball Land - GBA
Super Mario Land - GB - 3DS Virtual Console
Super Mario Land 2 - GB - 3DS Virtual Console
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - GB - 3DS Virtual Console
Mario Picross - GB - 3DS Virtual Console
Game & Watch Gallery - GB - 3DS Virtual Console
Game & Watch Gallery - GBC - 3DS Virtual Console
Super Mario 3D Land - 3DS
Mario Kart 7 - 3DS
Mario & Sonic 2012 London Olypmics - 3DS
Mario Tennis Open - 3DS
New Super Mario 2 - 3DS - Download Version

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

TruthBeTold

So is it going to be like SPM in the fact that there is a hub type world and then levels that you go from point A to point goal on? I was hoping it would be more like the first and second in this way.

My Backloggery!
NNID: Punch
3DS FC: 2836-0160-7264

19Robb92

Rumored Paper Mario Boxart:
Untitled

Looks quite horrible IMO.. So hopefully it's false.

Edited on by 19Robb92

SirSmugleaf

19Robb92 wrote:

I personally a bit pessimistic towards this game for now. Not sure if I'll enjoy all the changes such as no XP, overworld, sticker system etc. It dosen't really fit well with me.

But we'll see. Still one of my most anticipated titles

I agree. This is my most anticipated 3DS title coming out this year, but I'm still not fully sold on having no partner or XP and having the sticker system on a whole. You never know, though, the sticker mechanic may actually be better, but I'm still not convinced jet...

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

Mieu-Fire

mario always gets a good rpg but not any good mario rpg on the wii sadly

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

mamp

I feel like going to my local Gamestop and getting my $40 back because I know I'm not gonna like this game or I'm just going to be complaining throughout the whole game about the changes I don't like. I hated Super Paper Mario and now this game is making me think about where the series is heading. There's no experience for battles, apparently you just battle to get more coins in order to buy more stickers for battle, it makes battles really pointless since you can find a ton of stickers in the environment already. My biggest gripe is the fact that there are no allies. Allies were half the fun of Paper Mario: finding out their little stories, how to use them in order to solve environmental puzzles, leveling them up and seeing what new abilities they get and what they do in battle and the characters had different personalities. Mario isn't that fun to use since all he does is jump and hammer (with minor variations for his jumping/hammer skills), also Mario doesn't talk and doesn't have much of a personlity and my guess is that crown will just be a Navi, whom also has no personality and all it does is talk (since Mario can't). The sticker system bothers me too, even a most basic attack uses one sticker and there's limited album space, and if you get a special or rare sticker you can only use it once. IDK the more I learn about this game the more I question my purchase IDK guys what should I do?

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

SirSmugleaf

mamp wrote:

I feel like going to my local Gamestop and getting my $40 back because I know I'm not gonna like this game or I'm just going to be complaining throughout the whole game about the changes I don't like. I hated Super Paper Mario and now this game is making me think about where the series is heading. There's no experience for battles, apparently you just battle to get more coins in order to buy more stickers for battle, it makes battles really pointless since you can find a ton of stickers in the environment already. My biggest gripe is the fact that there are no allies. Allies were half the fun of Paper Mario: finding out their little stories, how to use them in order to solve environmental puzzles, leveling them up and seeing what new abilities they get and what they do in battle and the characters had different personalities. Mario isn't that fun to use since all he does is jump and hammer (with minor variations for his jumping/hammer skills), also Mario doesn't talk and doesn't have much of a personlity and my guess is that crown will just be a Navi, whom also has no personality and all it does is talk (since Mario can't). The sticker system bothers me too, even a most basic attack uses one sticker and there's limited album space, and if you get a special or rare sticker you can only use it once. IDK the more I learn about this game the more I question my purchase IDK guys what should I do?

Y'know what, I hear you... I'm not so sure about this new system either, but I think you should be a little more positive. Anyway, this is by Intelligent Systems, a dev that IGN called the 30th best dev on earth. They NEVER make a bad game. As much as I question the sticker mechanic, I do have faith, and, just wait and see, and I'm sure it'll be great. Anyway, you never know, it actually may end up being a better system than the original one!

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

TheDreamingHawk

Hopefully it will be like FFII's battle system where every time you use a item (Stickers in this case) You gain attributes, and every time you lose HP, you gain it. I'd buy it for that.

@allpeoplewhowon'tletmehavemyopinion: Stop it. I personally got super bored with SPM and TTYD, as after playing the original I expected another fantastic game. Though this game looks like a return to roots so hopefully it won't upset me.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

kkslider5552000

...but this game is more different than TTYD...

no, I don't want an explanation, it would cause me to hit my face repeatedly against something. Unless you mean it's returning to being a Mario game with RPG elements rather than an RPG game that just happens to have Mario stuff in it. Which I would agree with, if the recent platformers haven't beaten the Mario nostalgia into the ground.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

19Robb92

More details:

GONINTENDO wrote:

• earn blocking and attacking bonuses based on timed button pushe
  • select stickers to attack
  • features a world map
  • visit Decalburg to buy stickers and turn objects into stickers
  • no partners this time
  • at the windmill, you must find a way to move the blades in order to access the front door

I guess all of this was pretty much already figured out. But now we have confirmation at least. Sucks that we won't get any partners..

Edited on by 19Robb92

Joeynator3000

KaiserGX wrote:

VIdeo

Idk I might get it since there will be no Luig's Mansion... and I do love Bowser Jr...

Video has been removed...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spagem

I may get SuperPaperMario, but I have to come up with the money... :/

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

Void

19Robb92 wrote:

More details:

GONINTENDO wrote:

• features a world map
  • no partners this time
  • at the windmill, you must find a way to move the blades in order to access the front door

I guess all of this was pretty much already figured out. But now we have confirmation at least. Sucks that we won't get any partners..

Seems like this is going to be less paper mario-ey than the rest of the games in the series, I trust intelligent systems, but I think I'll wait for a few reviews before I buy it.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

plus789

I will probably get this on release date, TTYD was class!

plus789

kkslider5552000

I almost never get games at launch so I'll see the reviews regardless. However, I don't doubt this that much. Intelligent Systems is one of the most consistent developers out there and they've pretty much never dissappointed (anyone who brings up SPM is a liar)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Joeynator3000

Void wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

More details:

GONINTENDO wrote:

• features a world map
  • no partners this time

Seems like this is going to be less paper mario-ey than the rest of the games in the series, I trust intelligent systems, but I think I'll wait for a few reviews before I buy it.

At least its back to the turn-based battle system, unlike SPM where everyone complained about.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.