Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 5,926

Spoony_Tech

After the pain that was Silver Los and Golden Rath I went up against Jho and beat him rather easy. So what quest unlocks next Silver Los and Golden Rath!! 😭😭 No way um even attempting those myself and I don't trust randoms. I'll be asking for help soon.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Iggly

Spoony_Tech wrote:

After the pain that was Silver Los and Golden Rath I went up against Jho and beat him rather easy. So what quest unlocks next Silver Los and Golden Rath!! 😭😭 No way um even attempting those myself and I don't trust randoms. I'll be asking for help soon.

You don't unlock any quest after completing the Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian Quest, though if you plan on completing all of the HR 7 Quests before you get into G-Rank then you're out of luck. Some of the HR 7 quests require you to be HR 50 and etc which can only happen once you do the quest that removes your HR limit.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

So my urgent will appear after that?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Iggly

Your urgent appears after you complete the following quests:
1. Advanced: Grim Tidings (Akantor)
2. Advanced: Teostra Tangle (Teostra)
3. Advanced: Storm Front (Kushala Daora)
4. Advanced: Fleet Action (Dah'ren Mohran)

These quests are soloable so you don't have to worry about needing to going online, just make sure your weapons are up to date or you may run out of time while you're trying to slay them. (Though you'll repel them if you do enough damage when time is up)

Spoony_Tech

So I don't need to do Silver and Gold rath's? I've done at least 2 of those on that list.

MERG said:

Jazzer94

Anyone up for hunting now, I was in the process of making regios x yesterday but got too tired. Also wanted to try doing g1 double lagombi to unlock Frozen Seaway tour.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Iggly

Nope, the monsters you need to hunt to rank up in HR 7 are all Elder Dragons.

Spoony_Tech

Ok,cool and thanks. You're right and I should be able to do those last 2.

MERG said:

Eel

Yay I finally did all the 6* requests from cowardly Palico/the island and got the reward.

Now he wants to join my team.

Edit: his armor is pretty good, and I also could take the sword from the Palico island afterwards.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Enjoyed a nice relaxing evening of Xenoblade Chronicles, which actually, is starting to suck me in. Put in a couple hours, just getting started but at least I'm a Level 10 now with some decent basic gear and basic understanding of how the "Break- Topple- Daze" battle system works. I got to the point where I stopped playing on the Wii (which wasn't far), so I saved and figure I'm all set to proceed tomorrow.

Then I gave in and hunted a Shrouded Nercylla for the 10 star caravan quest. I really need to finish those up- at the very least finish the quest chain I'm doing right now. Very refreshing just having played something else for a change though tbh. Really needed that.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

I like how broad Monster Hunter is. Because of the diversity of weapons (classes) I can switch from the switch axe to the long sword and it feels way faster and lighter.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

@Haru17
Have you tried the insect glaive? It's deceivingly much faster than it seems. Without buffs, it's maybe as fast as a Long Sword- so medium speed. But with all 3 colors of buffs activated, the glaive becomes 2nd only to dual blades in speed, and arguably second to none in DPS (you get double damage with a triple buff IIRC). And, glaives come in both blunt and cutting variety, so you can deal impact damage or cut tails, depending on the glaive you use. I used to be a Long Sword/Hunting Horn/Dual Blades user- and imo the glaive is the funnest weapon I've ever had the pleasure of using. I've also used Hammer, Great Sword and Lance (only weapons I never truly learned were gunlance, charge blade and the ranged weapons, though I did just craft a HBG and have been practicing). And I have to say, the glaive is definitely the funnest to use. At least to me. Highly recommend you give 'er a go sometime.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

I tried the glaive. I didn't get into it as much because, like the hunting horn, I felt that the attack animations themselves were secondary to the utility functionality. The glaive always feels like I'm button mashing, and I'm terrible at aiming the beetle, so I'm not competent for now.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

@Haru17

X, X, A, X, X, A that's the endless combo loop there. And if you hold the direction opposite that which your hunter is facing when you press A in the combo, he does a backflip attack that serves to reposition yourself if needed or even evade. And it still allows the combo to keep going.

As for aiming the Kinsect, it's likewise deceivingly easier than it seems once you upgrade the glaive for speed. It's tough when the Kinsect sputters along at the speed of litigation, but when you start hitting the 120+ range you can hit exactly where you want, provided you're still within a roll's length or two of the monster. Just takes a little practice is all. But once the glaive has stamina and speed, with a little oractice you can nail a monster from quite a distance. I just aim generally for the front and see what color I get (usually red from the head), then I get alongside the monster and hit the legs/side area for the white, then get behind them or alongside do the tail for my yellow. Sometimes yellow is only from the belly or back, which is hard to do unless you get under them or knock them over, so in those instances I'll usually grab yellow from a small monster like a Konchu or Slagtoth. Speaking of which, usually you can get at least 2 colors from small monsters along the way, then nail the 3rd and final color when you reach the monster.

But ya, it has a very nice endless combo loop once you know what to press, and once you get that beetle up to speed it's so much easier grabbing juice (and you can upgrade glaives to have extract extend which DOUBLES the buff time, which means half as much time needed gathering buffs).

Anyways, I'll stop trying to sell you on the glaive now

Hy8ogen

Guys, any ideas when we will be getting G rank Silver Rathalos? I really want that armor and the rank 10 LS...

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

SnowyGlaceon

Hy8ogen wrote:

Guys, any ideas when we will be getting G rank Silver Rathalos? I really want that armor and the rank 10 LS...

Yeah, I need G rank S.Rath materials for the upgrade to the Golden Radius. Although I do recall seeing people hunting a G rank S.Rath. The quest name was Silver Sovereign.

ALL HAIL THE GLACEONS!
Nets truly are wondrous things...

3DS Friend Code: 0447-6300-7598

Spoony_Tech

I'm so close yo G rank I can almost sniff it. I failed my urgent on my own yesterday because well I didn't come prepared but what's new. I ran out of potions and I'm sure I was almost done with Dalamadur. That is one epic fight as well and very fun! This time I'm going in prepared and know what to do. I'm ready to unlock my HR.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Epic fight with Dalamadur! Was up against the clock but at the 46.50 mark finally took him down. After that I need a mental break as I rank that fight up there with a fight in Shadow of the Colossus. I ranked up all the way to 55 after that fight and need to calm my nerves to prepare for my urgent to get into G Rank. What a GREAT game and still going strong after 210 hours!

Just for sake of not triple posting lol I'm now officially G Rank. Ukanlos was not as hard as I thought he would be even though I double carted. More so from the stupid swim move he does more then anything.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

dkxcalibur

I'm now up to 3 star quest. Should I be doing the "events" or any of the DLC, or is that above my head yet?

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Iggly

dkxcalibur wrote:

I'm now up to 3 star quest. Should I be doing the "events" or any of the DLC, or is that above my head yet?

If your weapons and armor are up to date, I don't see why you shouldn't try some of the low rank event quests. Though some of the quests may be tough to solo like Dah'ren Mohran, I recommend doing the event quest that has you slay 12 Felyne and Melynx to make some stylish but yet decent armor for your Palico. It's both easy and it plays some cheerful music during the quest.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.