Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 5,926

Ryu_Niiyama

Is there a story this time around? That is not paper thin I mean. I bought the game already but aside from a few tutorial missions I put it down in favor of Toukiden since that game has a story (and I like youkai more than dino-creatures). I want to jump back in since I paid for it but since I tend to play alone I need a story to keep me interested in the game.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Not really more than what you saw in the beginning. That's about as deep as it gets. But once you really start playing, story will be the least thing on your mind. Perhaps up until now you need story to stay interested, but this is a game that will prove to you you don't. You'll be so caught up in perpetually crafting slightly better, more fashionable armor sets with better and/or more skills, and growing more powerful by crafting new weapons, and so caught up with the thrill of fighting a super hard monster but knowing you can beat him because you're so skilled at timed dodging and evading... That's really all this game needs to keep players obsessed. So no, story is nothing to write home about but again, once you get into the game you won't care in the slightest.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

Story isn't important in this game, even in single player. Crafting new weapons and armor is. As long as you have a goal to work towards, that's all you need really

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

Story isn't important in this game, even in single player. Crafting new weapons and armor is. As long as you have a goal to work towards, that's all you need really

@JaxonH With that said there is still about 5 times more story then in 3U.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

dkxcalibur

Just starting out, I can't speak for how vast the story is, but I will say that the cut scenes so far are awesome.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
Oh absolutely. I really enjoyed the cinematics and NPCs and story myself, especially coming from MH3U that was almost story-less. But I know people who only play games for story expect stuff like The Last of Us in order to even be entertained. Which just isn't what you're gonna get with this game. But by golly not every video game on the planet needs a story to entertain and keep you glued to the controller. And if ever there was a shining example of that fact, this game would definitely be it (and with a healthy dose of cinematic flair and light story too just for good measure)

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

Shoot, I have no more single player quests to do!

I guess I must hop online more frequently now.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
What HR are you? Are you G-crown rank?

Spoony_Tech

I'm a lowly 5 rank. Lots of rank 5 quest to do too. I can knock most out myself but it's getting harder with all these 2 and 3 monsters to fight. More time consuming then anything but still hard with their increased health.

MERG said:

MERG

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Are there as many single player quests in MH4 as in MH3U?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm not quite sure but I can say I've easily spent over 100 hours alone on single player. There's a ton. 10 ranks total and about 10 to 20 in each rank to do.

MERG said:

Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm a lowly 5 rank. Lots of rank 5 quest to do too. I can knock most out myself but it's getting harder with all these 2 and 3 monsters to fight. More time consuming then anything but still hard with their increased health.

Yeah once I got to HR6, the quests became a pain for me to deal with myself. :c
Doesn't help that the internet is making things difficult for me to hunt online. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MERG

Spoony_Tech wrote:

MERG wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Sounds about the same. But dang, I"m in level 6 village quests and have cleared about 1/2 of those...and I'm 155 into it. How did you do it so fast?

I'm not quite sure but I can say I've easily spent over 100 hours alone on single player. There's a ton. 10 ranks total and about 10 to 20 in each rank to do.

Kaze_Memaryu

MERG wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

The general amount is largely the same, but there's a lot more variety in MH4U, plus we get a few more Elder Dragons for Singleplayer.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

MERG wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Sounds about the same. But dang, I"m in level 6 village quests and have cleared about 1/2 of those...and I'm 155 into it. How did you do it so fast?

Not really fast at all. With the proper equipment you can take some monsters down fast. I didn't spend a ton of time on repeat quests either for armor and weapons. Maybe 10 hours or so. Mostly just did one then the next unless I seen something I wanted. It was probably closer to 150 hours as I've logged in 180 hours. I am HR5 though and I'm sure no less then 30 hours went to doing online.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

TeeJay

Okay! So I've been doing my grocery shopping and so far I've got all the Regios G Rank armor except for the Greaves and Vambraces. The materials I've got left to make them are:

• 3 Seregios Carver+
  • 2 Seregios Scraper+
  • 2 Seregios Airblade+
  • 2 Purecrystal
  • 4 Monster Slogbone

I'm so close! The Monster Slogbones in particular are going to be the hardest to get, I think the only thing that'll give me some right now is that Purple Hermitaur from the berries quest, which wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't the looming threat of Rajang...

Also my Defense has gone up to 572 without food boosts so there's that

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

When do you get the armor and defense talons?

MERG said:

MERG

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Not really fast at all. With the proper equipment you can take some monsters down fast. I didn't spend a ton of time on repeat quests either for armor and weapons. Maybe 10 hours or so. Mostly just did one then the next unless I seen something I wanted. It was probably closer to 150 hours as I've logged in 180 hours. I am HR5 though and I'm sure no less then 30 hours went to doing online.

Well that makes sense.I have spent alot of time repeating quests and free hunting in Moga.

Eel

There's free hunting in this one too, with most of the monsters and some free hunt exclusive ones.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.