Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 5,926

JaxonH

Anyone up for a few hunts?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Iggly

@JaxonH I'm up for hunting, though I can only hunt for an hour or 2 since it's a school night.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Iggly
@Morpheels
Ok I'll set up a room one sec

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

Is anybody available to help me do G1 hunts?

...Yes I STILL haven't started G1. It's just...really daunting. I've been putting it off, playing Smash and Xenoblade...

If anyone is to help me out I'll be available in about 30 minutes.

EDIT: Oh I see you guys are just starting to hunt. I assume you all are going to be doing quests way out of my league so I guess I'll try and do these on my own again

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

30-0090-2441-9622
Pass 9876

TeeJay

@Morpheel Oh well then, if that's the case I'll hop in as soon as I can!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Hopefully your room won't be full by the time I manage to get there....

Eel

Thanks for the hunts!

There's several amazing new hunting horns available to make now (Rajang, chameleos, gore magala II), too bad I couldn't make any.

Also, it doesn't seem like I have unlocked any seregios weapons yet.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Morpheel wrote:

Thanks for the hunts!

There's several amazing new hunting horns available to make now (Rajang, chameleos, gore magala II), too bad I couldn't make any.

Also, it doesn't seem like I have unlocked any seregios weapons yet.

Huh. Inchecked and there is indeed a Regios Horn. I think you have to beat your Regios Urgent before they will appear...

TeeJay

Those hunts were fun! The highlight was definitely Jaxon making a running leap and chopping off that tail in mid-air.

Looks like tomorrow I'm gonna have to go grocery shopping for all the various miscelaneous things I need for my Seregios armor.

Eel

There is? Yay! Thanks for telling me, if that's the case, I guess we'll have to beat those key missions some other day to get the urgent, @TeeJay.

Also yeah! That moment was awesome. The rathian trying to run away and suddenly CHOP, Jaxon comes from above and the tail goes flying lol

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

We need to start recording our hunts or something... Every time there's some physics-defying mid-air 720 degree spin tail slice or a deathblow by jumping off a 50ft cliff and nailing the monster on the head from above, or pogo bouncing in the air and whacking a rathian out of a mid flight charge lol... Good times

dkxcalibur

Beginner Update:

I'm still working through the two star quest (almost done, just finished the Great Jaggie one) and I've decided to take some of your advice and work on finishing a complete armor set. So I'm working on completing the Jaggie set. So far I got two pieces. I'm also trying to upgrade my Charge Blade....I need just one more "monster fluid". Also, I've noticed that I only have the option to forge a few of the Jaggie set.

So here's today's questions. Am I better to equip my two Jaggie pieces with my existing armor or continue to use the complete set that was given to me at the beginning of the game until I complete the enter Jaggie set? Also, I've noticed that I only have the option to forge a few of the Jaggie set. What triggers "The Man" to be able to forge the other pieces? Is it dependent on items collected or is it the advancement through the game?

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Spoony_Tech

dkxcalibur wrote:

Beginner Update:

I'm still working through the two star quest (almost done, just finished the Great Jaggie one) and I've decided to take some of your advice and work on finishing a complete armor set. So I'm working on completing the Jaggie set. So far I got two pieces. I'm also trying to upgrade my Charge Blade....I need just one more "monster fluid". Also, I've noticed that I only have the option to forge a few of the Jaggie set.

So here's today's questions. Am I better to equip my two Jaggie pieces with my existing armor or continue to use the complete set that was given to me at the beginning of the game until I complete the enter Jaggie set? Also, I've noticed that I only have the option to forge a few of the Jaggie set. What triggers "The Man" to be able to forge the other pieces? Is it dependent on items collected or is it the advancement through the game?

Unless you need more defense I would stick with the set you have mostly because you will lose those skills. Unless of course the skills you have aren't that great. That's also the set I went for first.

Also, it's mostly other items you need and some times that also means advancement and or collecting or other Monster part entirely. Just a heads up and not every single monster has all 5 armor pieces either. There are some Rare occasions where some parts are missing. One last thing is you will notice a lit of helmets that don't have sets. They are usually special helmets with special skills to go with other armor parts or stand on their own.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@dkxcalibur
For each armor piece, you must own at least one of a particular item before it shows up. Just keep fighting G Jaggi- eventually they should all show. I know the hardest piece to get for the G Jaggi set is the Kings Frill. You have to break his face to get even a chance at getting it. You will kill him before breaking his face unless you use a blunt weapon like hunting horn and make sure EVERY swing that hits, hits his face. Even then you'll probably break the face a few hits before killing him. It's actually very hard to do in Low Rank because their health is so low

dkxcalibur

JaxonH wrote:

@dkxcalibur
For each armor piece, you must own at least one of a particular item before it shows up. Just keep fighting G Jaggi- eventually they should all show. I know the hardest piece to get for the G Jaggi set is the Kings Frill. You have to break his face to get even a chance at getting it. You will kill him before breaking his face unless you use a blunt weapon like hunting horn and make sure EVERY swing that hits, hits his face. Even then you'll probably break the face a few hits before killing him. It's actually very hard to do in Low Rank because their health is so low

I've yet to break any part of a monster. How does that work? Will the part that you broke fall to the ground, and then you carve it? I guess I'll be hunting the Great Jaggi for a long time. But at least it will force me to give a different weapon a try (hammer, horn, glaive?).

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

JaxonH

@dkxcalibur
It depends on the part. Typically tails are the only part you can actually cut off and carve. Other parts you can "break" like horns, legs, face, back, etc. just depends on the monster you're hunting. For G Jaggi, there is no part that falls to the ground. When you break the face, you'll see little pieces shatter off his face and a cracking sound will occur. Afterward his frill will look all tattered up. It's usually not hard but this is one of the rare exceptions where the monster's total HP is barely more than the total impact damage needed to break the frill (or face, whatever you want to call it). I just grabbed the beginner horn to real his face since you'll want to do as little damage to him as possible while hammering away on the face so you don't kill him first. Even when I was actively trying to ONLY make contact with his face, even then I'd still accidentally kill him first half the time. It's actually kinda hard to do, strangely enough (only instance in the game where this seems to be an issue).

So yeah, get a horn and only use the forward overhead swing with X and the stationary (must be standing still without pushing forward) golf club like swing with A. Don't attack unless you have a clear shot at the face. You'll probably end up stunning him if you land a few consecutive hits to the face, which is your chance to really go ham on the face. Just give it a try and you'll get the hang of it.

Edited on by JaxonH

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.