Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3DS

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,519

Stereoman

hum hi,

one thing im wondering if they release it how many people will be able to play it in coop?
Ah and dont you find the world of monster hunter a lil bit empty with "only" animals which you can hunt?
A lil more diverse environment would be fun.
Oh and the screens from monster hunter tri seem abit misleading as sure the 3Ds cant process that much stuff. Sure all those modified .Mpo files are fun to watch in the 3Ds camera, but well the graphic will definitelly be different on each games sequel.

greets Stereo

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

Eel

I don't think having "many" monsters onscreen would be a problem, but in this kind of game there are rarely more than 5 small monsters and usually just one big monster (with no small monsters at all [unless it's a 'leader of the pack' monster]) at the same time in the same area.

I don't know if there will be a lot of people to play (or if it includes online play at all), but you can bet i'll play the hunting horn from a safe place while pixel, Zez and bell fight the monster :3

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

What about me? lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

I'll just hunt alone in this game. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Chris720

Why is this thread of plessy less?

I see what you did there, Zez.

Why is this forum of people less?

It looks pretty nice, I think with the 3D it could well looks better than the Wii's.

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

komicturtle

No.

All you need is a hammer. Forget everything else.

As for the question of how many players- 4. Hopefully in the 4th gen of MH, they can add 6 or even 8 hunters for a quest. That'll require bigger locales and 3 monsters so that way, it isn't 8 or 6 people fighting one monster and hitting each other constantly.

Long sword users always mess me up compared to other weapon types

And they always get the most credit over the other bowguns, bow, hammer and even Sword and shield users...

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

TeeJay

I'm a Long Sword user.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

komicturtle

No hate to LS Users

It's just so many people use it... the wrong way or don't consider the people around them- from my experience.

komicturtle

zezhyrule

ProTip for LS users: Stay away from the head in multi, that's for the hammers, don't spirit combo right on top of someone cuz you'll knock them over (try to not use that at all unless there's a good opening), stay away from lance users, at no reason should you randomly turn away from the boss monster and start spirit comboing the rhenoplos that's standing next to a gunner, try to aim for the tails if you can, then wings if breakable, and finally legs to knock it over. Most important: Don't use an auto-guard charm

There are many great LS users out there, but so many more noobs because it's such an easy weapon to use.

If the whole team was hammers, you wouldn't have any tails or other parts that can't be broken with impact damage. Variety is good.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

TeeJay

I've never played online before (because I only have MHFU), but I guess if I ever do, I'll know to use the circle circle triangle combo with a long sword instead of a wide sweep.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

zezhyrule

LS combo is actually Tri, Tri, Circle etc., or Circle, Tri, Tri. Both endless, I usually start with the stab (circle) unless I'm trying to get a horizontal hit. Make sure to use the fade slash a lot as well :3 Tri + Circle and you'll do an attack and dodge back at same time. In later games (after MHFU) it was improved so that you could fade slash to the right and left also, prett awesome to end combos with.

komicturtle

Thank you zez. That's what I tell these folks, to leave the head area alone, and they get mad if I smash them when they shouldn't be head to head with the monster.

Btw, anyone actually use Great Swords? They seem to be uncommon- even more than Switch axes, least, that's what I see. Personally I don't like using them as well as long swords. Tried the lance and it's ok (for me, that is). I love Hammer and like Switch Axes and SwordShield.

And teejay, for some reason I thought you had MHTri.... weird.

komicturtle

zezhyrule

People who get in the way of superpounds or upswings at the monster's head should be saying sorry to the hammer user for getting in their way. Now if the hammer is superpounding the tail that's a different story... I can't tell you how many times the monster fell odwn and I was swinging away at its tail with my LS, and then I got knocked away/up by a hammer >_>

I actually never used the GS in MHFU or MHT, but I tried it out in MHP3 and now it's my most used weapon next to dual swords in that game. So awesome to land triple-charges on enemies heads at perfectly lucky times

Edited on by zezhyrule

TeeJay

/me takes note of the pro tips

If I ever manage to get online, I'll be sure to not be annoying. D: --

Edited on by TeeJay

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.