Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3DS

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,519

Highwinter

HolyMackerel wrote:

Did the survey. Great to know they're looking for feedback from their western fans.

I suggested a Moga Woods-type exploration mode for online play. Harvest Tours were boring and I was hoping for more action in them. It would be nice to just go out and explore without a specific goal and not knowing what to expect out there. That would have extended the play time of MH3 immensely for me.

This was basically what I suggested as well. The game feels very dated in certain areas and the quest system is perhaps the biggest flaw. I still think there could be "bounty" missions to complete, but I've always felt it should be more of a free roaming game with a bigger focus on the hunter gathering aspects.

zezhyrule wrote:

I had no idea what to put for that "best way to introduce new players" question. Since MH is kinda something you have to play for yourself to like, I guess that, but why would you buy it if you haven't played it? The demo they had was horrible, as are first impressions of the Wii game, at least in the first 45min or so. then comes the question of someone getting the feel for MH in the first 10-15min. It was a definite no from me for sure, anyone would be turned off if they just picked up the game seeing the awesome boxart and title, popped it in their Wii, then... Gather 500 mushrooms please

I have to agree with this as well, I was immediately turned off when I first played the PSP demo. Throwing you into a high level boss battle, with no explanation of how to play the game just doesn't work.. but playing right from the start and being told you just have to gather mushrooms isn't a good indication of how the game plays either.

I think the best way for a demo to introduce players to the game would probably be from some of the easier slayer missions, just send them out to kill a few easy monsters and maybe gather a few herbs and stuff too. At the end there could be one of the easier bosses too, by which point you should understand how the quests are structured and understand the basics of the combat.

I really have to say that I think the no.1 reason why the game hasn't caught on in the west is purely because of the games structure and presentation.

Highwinter

triforceofcourage

I think they would/could/should bring more monsters into the nezt Monster Hunter game than were in Tri. Tri was a kind of west coast nintendo console experiment. Even though it's a great game you can tell they didn't go ALL out.

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

komicturtle

Arcanum wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

I did the survey and put NGP and PS3 as the systems I want MH on... To my defense that was before hakota posted on this thread

Did you put it for ONLY those two?

Cuz I put it on for EVERY system listed lol

As for my suggestion, I suggested an OPEN world in single player- like the Legend of Zelda. But if that were to happen, then it would seemingly be possible on PS3, and maybe NGP, 3DS and X360.

Either way, seeing a MH game on 3DS would be spot on. Maybe even a multiplatform release for NGP and 3DS just to make everything fair.

Crossplatform.. Hm, would that even be allowed by Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft..?

I have been saying that from the very beginning!! multi-platform is the best way to go so that it can be fair for all the people that want it either on 3DS or NGP. Not to mention the boat loads of more money for Capcom. Also, it's not up to Nintendo or Sony or Microsoft whether it's ok to multi-platform. It's Capcoms decision.

No, I was reffering to CROSS-platform. As in 3DS users can play with NGP users online. I wish they would be open to that.

komicturtle

Arcanum

komicturtle92 wrote:

Arcanum wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

I did the survey and put NGP and PS3 as the systems I want MH on... To my defense that was before hakota posted on this thread

Did you put it for ONLY those two?

Cuz I put it on for EVERY system listed lol

As for my suggestion, I suggested an OPEN world in single player- like the Legend of Zelda. But if that were to happen, then it would seemingly be possible on PS3, and maybe NGP, 3DS and X360.

Either way, seeing a MH game on 3DS would be spot on. Maybe even a multiplatform release for NGP and 3DS just to make everything fair.

Crossplatform.. Hm, would that even be allowed by Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft..?

I have been saying that from the very beginning!! multi-platform is the best way to go so that it can be fair for all the people that want it either on 3DS or NGP. Not to mention the boat loads of more money for Capcom. Also, it's not up to Nintendo or Sony or Microsoft whether it's ok to multi-platform. It's Capcoms decision.

No, I was reffering to CROSS-platform. As in 3DS users can play with NGP users online. I wish they would be open to that.

I see...that does sound pretty awesome....

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

RoyalBlur

Here is a bit of news regarding Monster Hunter that doesn't really allude to the 3DS or the Wii.
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=151577

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Glade

at least it should be better than one for psp
if it does come out...

3DS nickname is Kenzie my code is 2191 7676 4657
monster hunter tri fella named Glade HR60+

retired_account

Oh wow. I got curious and looked up MHP 3rd, and it looks awesome. It's not just a port of MH3... it has all of the MHTri locales and monsters, yes, but it has some bad-ss new ones (the new bow looks epic). I'm really hoping we get this on the 3DS and with online play.

retired_account

Eel

Moga woods was my favourite part of Tri.

My friends with the PSP version say it had nothing like it, so i hope they include it even if only offline.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

zezhyrule

So true pixel, Capcom said they weren't releasing it to Western audiences 'on the PSP'. Hmm...

of course they could have just meant the NGP, since they showed a reworked version that uses the second analog stick

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

retired_account

Damn. Here's hoping they don't forget about the 3DS. Camera controls are going to be difficult, but they can figure out something I'm sure.

rofl, this thread is the second hit on Google for "Monster Hunter 3DS"

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

retired_account

Hmm, how about this for a control scheme?

All of the actions would be the same as the CC in MH3, except items would be bound to the touch screen instead. Moving the camera could then be bound to the face buttons while holding L (so it'd work like a d-pad). It's not quite as intuitive, but on a CC your right thumb can't be on the right analog stick AND on the face buttons at once, so you'd have the exact same level of control.

It'd take longer to use an item with the touch screen, but you also wouldn't have to scroll through them all. I think this'd work perfectly.

retired_account

SuperPeach

@Pix if the touch screen is for items why not you the d-pad for cam as well as R and L buttons. The D-pad could control all directions for when you're just looking around and shoulders give left and right movement in battle. That way it's quick and you can still adjust the up down angle. and since the touch screen is items make whatever button was items (I don't have a cc lol) the running button. This way you are still able to hack n slash monsters or dodge as needed when moving the cam. :3

SuperPeach

Eel

Or you could use the touch screen to scroll through them and use X (or was it Y?) to use them.

L and R could be used for the camera movement (left and right) and the +Pad to move the camera up/down....

Wait then how would we shield... Y (or X) button?

Bloop.

retired_account

@Peachy: Using items is Y, which is also used to sheathe your weapon when it's drawn, and R is used to block when your weapon is drawn — so that wouldn't work. The scheme I suggested gives you the exact same level of control as the CC does in MHTri. Items are simply moved to the touch screen, and the camera uses the former item controls. The limitations would be exactly the same, and it wouldn't mess with the attack/run controls, which were perfect IMHO. :3

One thing you could do is use L or R to rotate the camera and then hold both L and R to run, and then use the d-pad for moving the camera up and down, but I don't think that's as efficient. Plus you wouldn't get to use the R button for the long sword.

@zez: /me wants to pummel 3D monsters on the go, 'k! >:3

retired_account

Eel

Maybe running could be turned on/off with the touch screen, like pokemon SS/HG, that way we wouldn't need to press a buttton (and a rather fragile button in previous DS models)

mapping controls is fun.

Bloop.

retired_account

Wouldn't work. Your stamina is drained whenever you're running, so you need reliable control of it.

retired_account

Eel

pixelman wrote:

Wouldn't work. Your stamina is drained whenever you're running, so you need reliable control of it.

oh snap, i completely forgot about stamina!
hmmm so i guess L and R can't be for camera control afterall

Is R used for anything important (i think it was for the items, wasn't it)? that way we could press R to transform the face buttons into the camera controls. How does that sound? I mean, i don't remember having to use my long sword and the camera at the same time, i used the camera mostly for running away.
The +Pad could still be used for items, along the touch screen.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

retired_account

Here's a rundown on the MHTri controls. Keep in mind it's been a long time since I was playing it steady, so there might be a few omissions/mistakes:

L = bring up item cycle menu.
R = run / shield / long sword special.
A = Attack 1 / cycle item right.
B = Somersault / dive / crouch.
X = Attack 2 / Draw weapon.
Y = Put away weapon / use item / cycle item left.
Left stick = Run.
Right stick = Control camera.
Start = Kick.
Select = Menu.

I think I left a few things out (doesn't tapping L or R do something? can't remember dammit).

The d-pad should be mapped to the camera and items restricted to the touch screen. In Tri scrolling through items and moving the camera while running is pretty much required in more intense fights, so the d-pad will be pretty much worthless during gameplay regardless of how it's used. It'd be nice for menus n' stuff though.

I still say my scheme's the best! Here's how it'd control on the 3DS — notice, hardly any changes!

L = Make face buttons control camera.
R = run / shield / long sword special.
A = Attack 1 / cycle item right.
B = Somersault / dive / crouch.
X = Attack 2 / Draw weapon.
Y = Put away weapon / use item / cycle item left.
Left stick = Run.
Start = Kick.
Select = Menu.
Touch screen = Manage items.

Item management with the touch screen would be equally efficient as it is in Tri too, if not more so. Scrolling through items in Tri is a pain, and you have to sheathe your weapon before you can use one. With the touch screen, you wouldn't have to scroll through them nor sheathe your weapon — just a quick tap is all it takes.

So in short, items would be exclusively managed on the touch screen, and holding L would turn ABXY into a d-pad that controls the camera. Everything else is exactly the way it is in MHTri.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.