Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3DS

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,519

Eel

Yeah that sounds perfect (i meant L button when i said R in my last post!)

I think a single tap of the L button positions the camera to look at the same direction your character is on the wii.
though using an item should sheathe your weapon, or else the sword/shield wouldn't be as interesting! (and the game would get easier)

If you shield yourself, you can use items while your sword is still out.

Hopefully, a capcom ninja is reading this and taking notes

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

komicturtle

How about manage items AND control the camera with the touch screen, huh?

komicturtle

irken004

komicturtle92 wrote:

That's a lot to fit on one screen. I'd much rather have the L (or R?) shoulder button for snapping the camera behind the player, and leaving the touch screen for items and perhaps a map.

komicturtle

irken004 wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

That's a lot to fit on one screen. I'd much rather have the L (or R?) shoulder button for snapping the camera behind the player, and leaving the touch screen for items and perhaps a map.

Not even a small corner on the lower right? D:

Or, Capcom can just let use choose how we want the controls to be. Customization so everyone can play the way they want and happily ever after.

komicturtle

retired_account

Touch screen for the camera? How would that work comfortably+efficiently? If you used your thumb to control it, you'd have to stretch it way over to the middle of the device. And if the previous DS's are any indication then the touch screen won't be very sensitive, which means you'd have to a lot of pressure on it... no thanks.

Using the stylus would be clumsy and slow. In MH it's important to be able to swing the camera around quickly, and having to let go of the device with one hand and drag around with a stylus is much less appealing than a couple of quick button presses.

It'd be nice to have customization options, though, I agree. :3

retired_account

Eel

i think L+ABXY to move the camera and the touch screen to use/scroll tru the items, and the rest of the controls identical to the other versions of the game sounds very solid.
Capcom would need to do an amazing job to make a better scheme, or be very dumb and leave the controls as they are on other versions. (only +pad for the camera control, or... +Pad to move and circle stick to move the camera, the horror!)

Bloop.

komicturtle

pixelman wrote:

Touch screen for the camera? How would that work comfortably+efficiently? If you used your thumb to control it, you'd have to stretch it way over to the middle of the device. And if the previous DS's are any indication then the touch screen won't be very sensitive, which means you'd have to a lot of pressure on it... no thanks.

Using the stylus would be clumsy and slow. In MH it's important to be able to swing the camera around quickly, and having to let go of the device with one hand and drag around with a stylus is much less appealing than a couple of quick button presses.

It'd be nice to have customization options, though, I agree. :3

You can use your thumb. I really need to draw what I'm talking about exactly. A transparent virtual analogue on the bottom right screen is perfect for a dual-analogue like control. Use your thumb (or a special edition Lagiacrus Thumbstrap bundled with the game) to use the controls. If the camera was in the middle, yes, it would be clumsy. That's why having it in the lower right of the touchscreen that is not in the way of the map (it's transparent) and your item managing.

komicturtle

retired_account

Oh, a v-stick? On the DS that works terribly. It's fine on the iPhone because its screen is super sensitive, but on the DS you'd have to stretch your thumb and apply a lot of pressure at the same time. That and thumb straps sound uncomfortable.

retired_account

Eel

thumb straps work better if you hold them as a mini stylus (using a corner of the thumb pad) than wearing them in your thumb, really... I have one from my DS Phat on my DSi, and i use it only for emergencies.

And seeing how underwater fighting NEEDS a good camera control AND fighting at the same time, i really doubt we will ever get water levels if we get monster hunter 3DS.
No water= no Lagiacrus, as MH Portable 3rd demonstrated...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

retired_account

I wasn't a fan of underwater fights anyway, especially after fighting Lagi a bazillion times to forge my Lagi+ set.

retired_account

TeeJay

Maybe turning the system could move the camera a bit? Oh...but that would mess with the 3D.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

pixelman wrote:

I wasn't a fan of underwater fights anyway, especially after fighting Lagi a bazillion times to forge my Lagi+ set.

Well, I like killing time swiming in the moga forest map :3
I usually like games where i can go underwater.
But yeah, underwater fights were tiring and long.

Bloop.

erv

I'm not buying a 3ds - probably - but monster hunter 3ds with the same or better online experience we know from the wii version would make me consider it. I love the type to each other stuff on wii though, so that would have to be included. If it gets created, with proper camera controls and gameplay and the like, and features a high quality online experience like the wii provides, we will meet online

I actually like the underwater fights... and love the lagiacrus, such a brilliant badass monster to hit in the face.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

retired_account

tristenj1992 wrote:

Maybe turning the system could move the camera a bit? Oh...but that would mess with the 3D.

Yeah, I've thought about that but that doesn't sound as reliable as actual button input. It could work for an FPS though.

I posted my scheme on the capcom-unity MH boards. We'll see if it gets any attention. :3

retired_account

zezhyrule

@pix: Nice, I was gonna say that there already was a MH 3DS topic on there, but they're not at all as strict as here. There are probably 10 repeat topics of every subject in the MHT forums

So yeah, it'll probably get more attention that way.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

retired_account

Haha awesome. I see you left a reply too... Sony fanboy.

I gotta polish up my profile (where the hell do I edit my sig). Apparently they allow avatar sizes > 60x60. UNHEARD OF.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

retired_account

Oh they hid that nicely. Thanks man. :3

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.