Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 301 to 320 of 716

Samus7Killer

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Samus7Killer wrote:

Japan just still mad about us nuking them.

Really?? Guess they don't like our money either since they've made more money off us in their gaming existence.

i was kidding. Calm down

Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

I might play the original on 3DS VC again before this comes out. Im thinking of doing a run on all the 2D games before Samus Returns.

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

Tyranexx

For what it's worth, the original was the first Metroid game that I ever owned. I got it off of Club Nintendo for free, so there was no risk if it turned out that I didn't like the series. As primitive as the original Metroid II is by today's standards, something about it clicked just right for me.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Same for me. While Hunters was actually my first game (I didn't like it at all), the first one I actually played to completion was II on the 3DS. I really liked it.

After II, I gave hunters a second chance, and gave Fusion a try.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

RR529

Fusion on GBA was my first game, but I gave up on it during one of the SA-X chase sequences I couldn't beat.

Prime 2 was my second attempt, but I stopped playing it shortly after getting it for reasons I can't quite remember.

Third time's the charm though, and when Fusion found it's way back into my hands thanks to the ambassador program, I finally was able to get through it (I even got through that chase sequence on my first attempt). Really fell in love with it that time, so shortly after that I got Super Metroid on Wii VC (thanks to Club Nintendo) and loved it just as much. Also played the original (which I didn't care for, TBH) and Metroid II (which I actually kinda liked) on 3DS after that.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Samus7Killer

The original Metroid (NES Version) is pure torture. Zero Mission is far superiour and worth picking up on the WiiU Virtual Console.

Samus7Killer

Haruki_NLI

@Meowpheel Probably so they can sell it in Quebec

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Tyranexx

Meowpheel wrote:

What's with the pseudo french accent

Exactly what I thought. I guess they were going for a futuristic female AI voice? If that was their goal, I'd rather it sound like Cortana.

BLP_Software wrote:

Probably so they can sell it in Quebec

I died. XD

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

TuVictus

That's genuinely very cool. I appreciate that

TuVictus

Samus7Killer

Special edition only? Might have to upgrade my copy now.

Samus7Killer

Tyranexx

Very cool, but not quite enough for me to dig in for a special edition.

RR529

My copy of Planet Robobot arrived, so I decided to make it official and pre-ordered Samus Returns (hope it doesn't have any issues on original 3DS, now that I think about it...).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Grumblevolcano

I haven't found it confirmed but does this remake have save stations like the other Metroid games where you play as Samus or has it adopted autosave functionality that's present in most modern games nowadays?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Namco

I hope save stations are in the game. Metroid isn't really a horror game but you still feel relieved when you find a room that's not filled with menace. Every living creature on planet SR388 tries to kill Samus so I think a little break is fair.

But maybe Nintendo finally went mad with their amiibo and now you need a specific amiibo for healing and saving your game.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

FX102A

Great, now I need to buy a second copy to see both covers simultaneously!

FX102A

meleebrawler

@Grumblevolcano It still has save stations and your gunship, but the former doesn't restore anything since there are separate terminals for those like in Super Metroid. The animation is also super short and unimpressive (Samus just flickers briefly), but likewise saving is super fast compared to other games.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic