Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 301 to 320 of 750

Operative2-0

@JaxonH Dude, when I saw that when I woke up, I fell in love. I have 3 separate 3DS's and I still already know I'm getting that one eventually.

Operative2-0

FX102A

If anyone was waiting the Nintendo UK store has the Samus 3DSXL up for preorder, plus a bundle with standard edition game and t-shirt.

FX102A

zyn

Does the Samus 3DSXL come with the game? Can't find that info at the moment.

zyn

Operative2-0

I think only specially marked bundles in Europe, where ordinarily no, it sadly doesn't as far as I'm aware

Operative2-0

zyn

Ok thank you. That is so stupid…

zyn

FX102A

@zyn I'm actually glad it doesn't as i'm buying the game anyway so at least the console isn't £30-£40 more expensive because of a digital copy pre-installed like the Majora Mask one.

Although I wouldn't have minded a physical copy bundled in that I could have shelved or sold on.

Edited on by FX102A

FX102A

zyn

@FX102A Trying to get the collectors edition on release day since it is sold out everywhere otherwise I will take the normal edition on release first.

Edited on by zyn

zyn

Samus7Killer

Cant wait for this game. Game gonna be goood.

Samus7Killer

Grumblevolcano

Now for some unfortunate news. According to a Game Informer interview with Sakamoto, the future of 2D Metroid will be determined by Metroid Samus Returns' sales.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Well, it is a really awesome looking Metroid on a very successful platform. If it doesn't sell well then I don't think 2D Metroid deserves another game, tbh.

But it'll sell well. Even people who have moved onto Switch are excited for this game. It was listed as a bestseller on Amazon, and it's gotten a lot of press and it's getting it's own amiibo and Limited Edition, even its own special edition hardware... Every Metroid game has typically sold between 1-2 million copies (excluding Prime 2 which didn't quite reach a million). I have no doubt that Samus Returns will do the same- in fact it may even do a little better simply because people have been crying out for a Metroid game for so long, and because everything about it just looks so perfect, and I think gamers today are a little more aware of great games than gamers were 10 years ago.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
Switch: Skyrim, LA Noire, DOOM, Rocket League
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
PS4:
PSVR: Skyrim VR
Vita:
X1:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH But still, think about how close we were to Fire Emblem being completely dead. Fortunately Awakening was a mega hit but if it wasn't then another of Nintendo's wonderful IPs would be gone.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Well sure, but the series was going downhill for 20 some odd years. There has to come a point where you draw a line in the sand.

With Metroid, it's not like they're saying the future of the series depends on the success of this game. They just want to see how much people like the 2D style and whether it should be a focus going forward

PLAYING
Switch: Skyrim, LA Noire, DOOM, Rocket League
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
PS4:
PSVR: Skyrim VR
Vita:
X1:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Meowpheel

Let's get ready to buy ten copies each.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

I'm in agreement with @JaxonH. With all the coverage that Samus Returns has received, plus a fanbase starved for 2D Metroid, along with any potential fans brought in by AM2R....I can't see this game NOT doing well.

Video Corner: Welcome Back to Termina
Currently playing: Wind Waker HD, Shining Force: Sword of Hajya (3DS VC/GG)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

zyn

I was going to buy a Switch in September. Then found out there will be a new Metroid game which doesn't look awkward. Then found out there will be a special console for it.

So I'm going to buy the Samus 3DS next month and hope to get the collector's edition as well on release day!

I'm a little sad because it is no true 2D but anyway I'm hyped!

zyn

Samus7Killer

Im buying it day 1! Maybe buy the collectors edition if its avail on BB. Maybe keep that copy unopened and buy a regualr copy as well!

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

Octane

It's kinda weird how they churn out Kirby games every year, doesn't matter if they sell a million or not, because there's already another one on its way. But for Metroid it all depends on the success of one game...

Octane

Spanjard

@Octane But they do don't they? Kirby consistently sells a million if i'm not mistaken.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Grumblevolcano

@Spanjard Not always, just the retail games with the traditional Kirby gameplay. Digital exclusives and spinoffs with different gameplay don't reach 1 million.

Grumblevolcano

Spanjard

@Grumblevolcano You said it yourself. They are not true kirby games. If anything, it tells Nintendo to make more "real" traditional kirby games.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic