Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 281 to 300 of 716

TuVictus

Kirby is all-powerful. Kirby absorbs all.

TuVictus

Tyranexx

Meowpheel wrote:

Add every dead franchise to Kirby.

F-Zero: Kirby Edition would be an interesting crossover, imo.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Octane

@Dev It's easier to list the years that didn't have a new Kirby game. And for every year we didn't get one, there's another year that saw the release of two or three new Kirby games.

Octane

Samus7Killer

Who cares about Kirby
Too off topic now

Samus7Killer

Octane

Samus7Killer wrote:

Who cares about Kirby
Too off topic now

Because Kirby >>>>> Metroid

Octane

IceClimbers

The chances of future 2D Metroids being greenlit being based on the sales of Samus Returns is basic business sense. Not silly at all. They're giving the franchise another chance after all the online fan demand. If people don't put their money where their mouth is, then it makes no sense whatsoever to continue making them. Same goes for Prime 4.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

kkslider5552000

Octane wrote:

It's easier to list the years that didn't have a new Kirby game. And for every year we didn't get one, there's another year that saw the release of two or three new Kirby games.

This is true for Zelda too if you include the remakes. And like Zelda, this has basically never been a bad thing. Certain franchises should learn how to not make their series dull from these series tbh, they have better understanding of variety and stuff (despite what dumb people who don't get Zelda say).

...oh this is a Metroid thread. OK!

I'll get the game when it comes out. This is actually news, since I think I've bought a grand total of two 2017 games so far.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

Huh, what a coincidence. I've been saving up on my Amazon account since E3 for this game, and since I had so much saved up, I just ordered Kirby: Planet Robobot on a whim last night after running through the demo (still have enough for Metroid, so I'm not throwing Samus under the bus!).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Eel

You can cancel Metroid. Planet Robobot already has robot suits and alien invaders!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Samus7Killer

Meowpheel wrote:

You can cancel Metroid. Planet Robobot already has robot suits and alien invaders!

smh omg

Samus7Killer

RR529

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but they put up an overview trailer on YouTube, and I think it has some footage not shown in the E3 trailer.

It also confirmed some abilities. Space Jump, Wide Beam, Ice Beam, Grapple Beam, an electric barrier that surrounds your armor, a time slow down ability, and a scanning ability that reveals nearby secrets I think the latter three are to make the game more accomodating to new players, as they all drain the same meter, which can be replenished by finding certain energy, or tapping one of the amiibo.

This may not be new (I think I didn't watch the Treehouse footage), but I figure I'd mention it just in case.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

meleebrawler

@RR529 Only the Space Jump and Time Shift abilities haven't been shown before. There is also the Gravity Suit and Screw Attack, though the latter looks different than before, looking more like a ring of energy. And there's the fourth Aeion ability, which is a rapid-fire beam that can seemingly damage enemies through armour. The lightning barrier also enhances your melee counter.

Based on the small areas seen, it doesn't seem likely we'll see the Speed Booster or Shinespark (it'd probably go against the flow of countering rushing enemies), and Time Shift will probably replace it for speed-sensitive obstacles. Guess the Chozo spent some time with Umbra Witches...

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Eel

Samus learned from watching Bayonetta in smash.

We already knew about the electroarmor and the super scanner from the treehouse event. And I'd like to say it's safe to assume the abilities in the original will all return.

It's interesting to see the grapple beam added though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CanisWolfred

^Yeah, that'll be interesting to see how they impliment that. A lot of the world in the original seemed more suited for the Spider-Ball, IIRC...will there be new sections, perhaps?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Samus7Killer

This game looks so awesome. I paid it off yesterday but only got the special edition since the America version is stupid. Sad that Nintendo hates america. Japan just still mad about us nuking them.

Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

Well ok. Im just thankful my Fave nintendo IP is making a return this year. Samus Returns.

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

Spoony_Tech

Samus7Killer wrote:

Japan just still mad about us nuking them.

Really?? Guess they don't like our money either since they've made more money off us in their gaming existence.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic