6ch6ris6

as long as it does get 7/10 or higher i will surely buy this masterpiece

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

SarcasticWisdom

6ch6ris6 wrote:

as long as it does get 7/10 or higher i will surely buy this masterpiece

I would give this game a 9/10. The graphics are pretty good and the 3D looks really good. The story is hard to follow...so dont skip any cutscenes.

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

zezhyrule

Haha, skipping cutscenes in Metal Gear Solid?

What's next? Um... skipping the gameplay in Mario? or... something... :cough:

The story isn't hard to follow at all though, it's probably the most simple and straightforward of any MGS game

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

SarcasticWisdom

ZezOfAstora wrote:

Haha, skipping cutscenes in Metal Gear Solid?

What's next? Um... skipping the gameplay in Mario? or... something... :cough:

The story isn't hard to follow at all though, it's probably the most simple and straightforward of any MGS game

I'm just saying that some people skip cutscenes in games but it bugs the crap out of me because then im like "Your missing some info about the story"

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

Spoony_Tech

Try 2/3 rds of the game is cut scenes.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

Try 3/3 rds of this is cut scenes.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

RoryLee

Good thing the cutscenes look great in 3D.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

6ch6ris6

damn cant wait to finally experience snake eater the first time.
i had doubts due to the stupid mediacoverage on various sites but 99% of the actual players love the game

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Spoony_Tech

6ch6ris6 wrote:

i had doubts due to the stupid mediacoverage on various sites but 99% of the actual players love the game

Yeah don't listen to those jerks. It is really good.

Now that's more like is Zez!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

yep, thankfully this game turned out great. unfortunately the shooting controls kind of suck; in fact, i'd say this game has the worst 1st person aiming i've ever used. it's fine for slowly headshotting a guard who hasn't noticed you, but when you actually get into a fight it's as clumsy as can be. i died on revolver ocelot because i couldn't land a shot on him even when he was standing still. revelations uses the same circle pad for 1st person and it works great, so there's no real excuse for it sucking so bad here.

i switched back to 3rd person and beat him pretty easily. i think it's best to use 1st person for stealth, but for the love of god use 3rd person during gunfights.

RoryLee wrote:

The graphics were good in RE:R but I could barely notice the 3D effect

did you ever adjust the depth in the game settings? with it set to "very strong" you'll notice it, i guarantee it!

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Kid_A

6ch6ris6 wrote:

You've never played it before? Boy are you in for a treat. It'll take some getting used to the controls if you've never played a MGS game before, but stick with it. It's really one of the all-time greats

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

RoryLee

romulux wrote:

yep, thankfully this game turned out great. unfortunately the shooting controls kind of suck; in fact, i'd say this game has the worst 1st person aiming i've ever used. it's fine for slowly headshotting a guard who hasn't noticed you, but when you actually get into a fight it's as clumsy as can be. i died on revolver ocelot because i couldn't land a shot on him even when he was standing still. revelations uses the same circle pad for 1st person and it works great, so there's no real excuse for it sucking so bad here.

i switched back to 3rd person and beat him pretty easily. i think it's best to use 1st person for stealth, but for the love of god use 3rd person during gunfights.

RoryLee wrote:

The graphics were good in RE:R but I could barely notice the 3D effect

did you ever adjust the depth in the game settings? with it set to "very strong" you'll notice it, i guarantee it!

I put the setting on "very strong", and I did notice some things, but they never popped out like the images in MGS. And as for shooting I always use First Person mode for sneaking around, so that way I can get some good headshots in. And I'll switch to Auto-aim if I get noticed and have a bunch of guards around me.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

oninowon

RoryLee wrote:

romulux wrote:

I put the setting on "very strong", and I did notice some things, but they never popped out like the images in MGS. And as for shooting I always use First Person mode for sneaking around, so that way I can get some good headshots in. And I'll switch to Auto-aim if I get noticed and have a bunch of guards around me.

The RE 3D effect was never meant to pop out. Instead it uses depth which is where 3DS' 3D effect is better at anyway.

Has anyone been playing the game without the circle pad pro? I tried out the demo and was so turned off by the complicated and awkward controls and the ease at which you can just zip to the finish line without dying even though your constantly getting hit by bullets.

Edited on by oninowon

oninowon

6ch6ris6

Kid_A wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

You've never played it before? Boy are you in for a treat. It'll take some getting used to the controls if you've never played a MGS game before, but stick with it. It's really one of the all-time greats

no dude. i played mgs and mgs2 and i watched all cutscenes from mgs4 on youtube because the story is so awesome.
metal gear solid is my favourite game of all time !! i just never got the chance to play mgs3, because the PSX was my last sony console (i hate sony now)

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.