3DS Forum

Topic: Mario kart 7 Discussion

Showing 3,341 to 3,360 of 3,465

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

3,341. Posted:

am i the only one who doesnt get any new blue updates for this game?

normally there always is that little blue blinking dot right beside the mario kart 7-icon on the homescreen but i havent seen it for a week now though i am playing online again.

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Birdman

3,342. Posted:

@6ch6ris6 - That's odd; I just turned on SpotPass again for MK7 and it's been working fine for me AFAIK (I only go in there for StreetPasses anymore). Who knows? Maybe NoE is done with MK7 (though that would surprise the hell outta me, tbh) but NoA isn't.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

3,343. Posted:

oh now the blue bot is there again. weird. it didnt work for days

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

3,344. Posted:

Quick question how does the time trial ghost data work?
Does it save global data to your game or only the people you have street passed coz according to my ghost data im like in 5 or 6 place from the top of the list on quite a few races.
Now im quite good at the game but theres always a ton more people better than me at games online.
Can anyone let me know how it works?

Edited on by PinkSpider

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

CM30

3,345. Posted:

I think the ghost data is gained from SpotPass and comes from random players, not just those you've StreetPassed. I'm sure of this because I only have about 20 StreetPasses and a whole ton of ghost data.

Also, if anyone wants to race me, I might consider it. I'd say I'm pretty decent at the game too, so be warned.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

3,346. Posted:

Im on now if you want a game

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

3,347. Posted:

I'll be in the nlife all items one 00 2104 5343 9763

Edited on by PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

Arcticbird

3,348. Posted:

Hi I'm completely new to the 3DS and Mario kart 7. I'm trying to figure out how to download the new update for Mario kart 7 so it can let me play online with others. I just downloaded some type of MK7 software update but it still gives me an error. What gives? I've been playing all the cups in Grand Prix and I'm getting to know the stages, old and new alike. I'm ready to play with someone now..

Who wants to play Mario kart 7? I use Daisy, yellow pipe kart with beast glider - 3DS FC - 1177 - 6428 - 4846

AuthorMessage

CM30

3,349. Posted:

Go to the eShop and download it from there. It's available for free, don't worry, it's just you don't get the necessary Mario Kart 7 patch/track fixes in the standard 3DS update.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Arcticbird

3,350. Posted:

Noone told me that after finding the update in Notifications (not the E Shop directly, theirs no such section to go to for updates) for the Mario Kart 7 game, that I must go to system settings and choose, other options and then select system update. It took me a few hours to figure it all out. But thanks for the simple reply. :)

Now, I have a question here. Why is everyone that I race with able to go much more faster than me? Are they all..cheating!?? Are is it some type of secret upgrade that everyone seems to have but me yet? I have over 3000 coins right now.

Also, how do you do the boost at race start? Thanks.

Edited on by Arcticbird

Who wants to play Mario kart 7? I use Daisy, yellow pipe kart with beast glider - 3DS FC - 1177 - 6428 - 4846

AuthorMessage

Arcticbird

3,351. Posted:

So, just some things that I noticed about Mario Kart 7. Mario Kart 64 was indeed a better made racing game to me. MK7 just barely passes as okay. For starters, it seems that all of the characters/drivers handle the same. There is no protection on MK7 for stopping a banana peel or shell coming your way if you have three green shells (or red) like you used to have in MK64. You still get hurt. The life span of green shells on the stages seems to be cut short. Some of the voice acting for certain characters doesn't mix well (to me) like for Wiggler. He makes a sound like a baby for crying out loud. That's not Wiggler! The music is pretty generic (way more so than MK64) as most of the stages sound the same with no originality at all. For example, you could be at a gorgeous fall time stage with pink pedals falling off of the trees and you have a up tempo, guitar jam instead of something more calm and relaxing. Something more dreamy and pretty?? About the only stage that fits the music right is Luigis Mans, and older classic stages from the super nintendo * N64 version of Mario Kart.

The game is too simple for options. Do more options open up to you later on? It said that I earned some type of custom upgrade or option but there is no menu to find it on? No way to turn off the music or just decrease the volume. Change controls if needed,etc.

It looks like this game was made just a little too fast with not much care involved. But that's just my impression of MK7 thus far.

I've played most all of the stages now but I haven't found many shortcuts, if that's what's making the other racers get a power edge over me and leaving me behind in the dust. Oh Neo Bowser city is a badass (means cool!) stage!

AuthorMessage

willobee

3,352. Posted:

The drivers and karts definitely don't handle all the same... try mixing things up a bit more and you'll see the obvious differences :p

Three green shells gives you protection if the shell is in the right location when you contact a banana/shell/whatever. By rotating around your racer, obviously sometimes there's an opening, and then sometimes there's a shell to block stuff. Simple stuff.

Nintendo games have pretty much never given you options for controls, music volume, etc. :p

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

Arcticbird

3,353. Posted:

Okay so I see your point Wobee. Maybe I have more to learn about MK7 still. So what's the deal with everyone being faster then me? There really is a difference in speed here and I'm not just saying this because I don't know all the shortcuts yet.

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

3,354. Posted:

Mah Gold Steerin' Wheel :-P

bezerker99

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

3,355. Posted:

Mario kart 7 is epic and awesome and fun. The only problem is that they should of added more playable characters and a online ranking.
other than that Mario Kart 7 is the best Nintendo Racing game.

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage

Arcticbird

3,356. Posted:

Bowser is my favorite character, so I thought that I might be going a little slower by picking him a lot. But then I starting picking Koopa and even Wiggler. Still the same slow ass driving! What gives!? Everyone else is always passing me in the dust and I can't figure out how to do the boost at start of race.

AuthorMessage

Arcticbird

3,357. Posted:

I think there are enough playable characters. But they could have done a better job at selecting some of the newer characters on MK7. They could have added a few more battle stages you know. It randomizes between just like five stages and that gets old fast. What do the stars next to your Mii mean?

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

3,358. Posted:

the stars represents whether you have finished the Grand Prix with that amount of stars. It kinda in a way shows how good you are at racing (In my view)

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

3,359. Posted:

@ArticBird I have a feeling that you are racing on 50cc. There is 100cc and 150cc also.
I'm also feeling kind, so heres the boost trick.
Hold down on A as the 2 stops spinning. If you have trouble with that, try pressing A when the 2nd light turns red during the countdown.

One more thing, you might just want to double check your Friend Code. No one will want to add you, if you think its right.

Would you want a brain surgeon thinking they knew what they was doing, or 100% sure they knows what they're doing?

Oh, forgot 1 thing. You said you were playing as Bowser, so maybe your cart is too heavy?
Try the basic cart set up with mario to see if that makes any speed difference, or you just need to work on your MK7 skills. :)

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

AuthorMessage

Arcticbird

3,360. Posted:

Okay thanks Knuckles (and CosmicMii). Knuckles I already added you as a friend yesterday. Now I'm going to go to friends/opponents list to see who I can find. If I don't find anyone, I'll just keep doing Worldwide (or community) with all the cheaters :D Oh and I've been doing 100 cup.