Forums

Topic: Loose 3DS hinge

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

Nani-ka

My 3DS seems to have a slightly loose hinge. I'm wondering if I'm the only one having this "problem"?
It doesn't really bug me, but I'm kind of worried it might get worse... It's very minimal at the moment though =)

Triforce - "Whatever you love, always pursue it. It's worth it in the end."
3DS FC: 4081 - 5480 - 6467

theblackdragon

what do you mean by 'slightly loose'? if you mean that sometimes you'll have it mostly open and it'll pop down into the 'fully open' spot if you're moving around with it (that spot just before where you can push it open completely flat), that's how mine is too. my DSi is the same way.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

catcher82611

I have the same problem. I also have to be very careful closing it, because it just fals on itself if you try to close it normally. Its not that bad of a problem so far, but its still annoying. Hopefully, if the hinge ever does go, I'll still be under warranty.

PSN: catcher82611
(I'm not that creative)
3DS FC: 4167-4485-9153

Twitter:

TeeJay

It's the same with all 3DS's. At the fully open part where it snaps open, the top screen wobbles a bit.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Nani-ka

theblackdragon wrote:

what do you mean by 'slightly loose'? if you mean that sometimes you'll have it mostly open and it'll pop down into the 'fully open' spot if you're moving around with it (that spot just before where you can push it open completely flat), that's how mine is too. my DSi is the same way.

No I'm talking about when it's closed. So when my 3DS is closed I can still move the upper part a little bit (but like I said, it's very minimal).

theblackdragon

are you talking up and down or left to right movement? if it's up and down, mine does move a little while it's in the 'closed' position. if it's left to right, though, mine doesn't move that way at all, and idk what to tell you :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Nani-ka

theblackdragon wrote:

are you talking up and down or left to right movement? if it's up and down, mine does move a little while it's in the 'closed' position. if it's left to right, though, mine doesn't move that way at all, and idk what to tell you :3

Well it's up and down, but also a little left to right... =P But I was more worried about the up and down, because left to right takes some amount of force.

TeeJay

My top screen doesn't move at all when it's closed.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

theblackdragon

idk, the slight up-and-down doesn't really bother me, but at least now you know you're not the only one experiencing it. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Nani-ka

Yeah, that's true! Now I don't feel so alone anymore.. =3
Kinda weird that TJ doesn't have it though...

iphys

Mine wobbles around like half a cm when it's open. My other DS systems do somewhat too, but I'm worried it's going to be annoying having it flapping around for motion-based games.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Sherlock

this is normal Nintendo keep it a little loose so the hinge won't crack in break like the oringal ds phat

3DS FC: 4940-5445-6226

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5445-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

JayArr

It's to avoid the DSlite cracking hinge problem. If you had a nice tight hinged DSlite you probably know the tend to explode. So a little looseness is a small price to pay for your system not splitting open.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Phobos

Loose hinge? Oh lawd, you're doomed.

I kid, the truth is, I agree with JayArr. I own a DS Lite, so I'm aware the hinge was pretty tight. Then with all the flipping load, the hinge pretty much did explode. Whoa, I'm a poetic fail.

It's loose, so that it has less tendency to grip on itself and crack; if it's too tight, it means there'll be too much pressure on it, therefore leading to a hinge-bust. 1-Up for the 3DS.

My 3DS Blog | YouTube Channel
CUAF - Administrator/Chef/Logo Creator

SMEXAIZELDAMAN's Official Undercover Assassin

Grayfoxz

Just tried this out and mine does not seem to move at all. My old DS phat dit tho.
Don't know if its normal or if I'm just lucky

3DS friendcode: 0903-2727-8412
Street Pass in my area: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-pass-bergen-op-zoom/153424258054131

geek-master

same thing happened with my dsi. i was on a vacation with my family going around nevada and oregon. my dsi was in my pocket the whole time. not only did it hirt my hip but its dramaticaly loosened the heng. nintendo was asking for $80 to repair it without insurance but they were nice to me and only charged me $20 dollars for shipping it out there

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

Hardy83

My DSi didn't have a hinge problem (Though it did have the L shoulder button issue). My sisters DS Lite had a hinge problem.

Kind of sad some 3DS's have a hinge issue, but it's probably hard to avoid things like that.

Hardy83

R-L-A-George

I'm happy that my 3DS has not produced the problem. Also you should remember the hinge on 3DS, DSi, DSi XL and DS Lite is not suppose to go beyond a 165 degree angle.

Edited on by R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.