Forums

Topic: Has the 3DS started to build a respectable RPG Library?

Posts 101 to 116 of 116

SarcasticWisdom

MrNiceGuy wrote:

Call of Duty is an rpg since you level up with guns!!!!

not sure if trolling...

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Call of Duty isn't an RPG Personally my favourite RPG is Tetris.

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

PhoenixUltra

all those games are sweet, i want to see bravely default come to us, which hopefully it does.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

RetroGBHippie92

PhoenixUltra wrote:

all those games are sweet, i want to see bravely default come to us, which hopefully it does.

Rumors are floating around that it'll come out in the west as ' All The Bravest', that's a better name than Bravely Default: Flying fairy, I'm pretty sure the sales would be minuscule if they had the 'flying fairy' moniker.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

SCRAPPER392

The best RPG, is made by me. It's called RPG, and you do stuff, but that's not it... You can also look up, down, left, right, all while doing stuff. There's a feature where instead of doing stuff all the time, you can just wonder about stuff. It comes out next school semester, so get ready to learn kids, because it replaces school!

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Hokori

SCAR392 wrote:

The best RPG, is made by me. It's called RPG, and you do stuff, but that's not it... You can also look up, down, left, right, all while doing stuff. There's a feature where instead of doing stuff all the time, you can just wonder about stuff. It comes out next school semester, so get ready to learn kids, because it replaces school!

But is it in HD? If its not HD then it's crap

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

SCRAPPER392

HarmoKnight wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

But is it in HD? If its not HD then it's crap

It will be everything you've come to expect, plus more! Stay tuned...

It's been cancelled due to funds, sorry everyone!

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SammyOfMobius

Well since the 3DS is backwards compatible with all DS games which have a good RPG library, technically yes. But not counting DS games, I suppose not.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Hokori

/me inserts DS Cart in 3DS and hits DownLoad to SD Card.... Yep it does now

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

EvilLucario

Well, I don't really have a huge problem with the RPG library. Keep in mind that within the DS's first few years, not much RPGs were on the system. It wasn't until games like Pokemon, Final Fantasy, and Golden Sun appeared when people started to notice the DS's RPG library.

It's the same situation with the 3DS. Give it some more time, and I'm sure the RPG library would swell in size.

On another note, this is what I want for my 3DS RPG library:

• Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Pokemon: Generation 6
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  • Monster Hunter 4
  • Unchained Blades
  • Mother Trilogy (information came in about Itoi's interest in rereleasing these games)

Now I love RPGs, but in all honesty, because each of these games can bring in hours upon hours upon hours of entertainment, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Monster Hunter especially, I don't really mind a huge lack of RPGs for the 3DS (though lack of Mother games on a modern Nintendo system just KILLS me...) like a lot of other people here feel. But if there are new RPGs revealed in any shape or form, I'd definitely keep a close eye on it and buy it if I find the game worth my $39.99.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

RR529

Just finished up both Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance and Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

Dream Drop Distance reminded me why I love KH so much. Much better than the GBA or DS installments. Beats out Tales of the Abyss as my favorite 3DS game.

As for Sticker Star, I was skeptical at first, but it has really won me over. In concept, the sticker system isn't all that unlike what's used in RPGs like Crimson Shroud or Anonymous Notes (where you gather better equipment as you go along, instead of leveling up). The only real difference in Sticker Star, is that all of this "equipment" has a one time use limit. Whether or not that's a good twist to the formula is up for debate, but I personally found it to add an extra layer of strategy to the combat.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SammyOfMobius

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Pokemon X and Y (coming soon)
Unchained Blades
Fire Emblem Awakening (coming soon )
Paper Mario Sticker Star (kind of)
Denpa Men
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Infonite Labyrinth (coming soon)
All DS/DSi games it's backwards compatible with
Answer: yes
And I know Zelda is more of an adventure game with RPG elements some of these are JRPGs but still a type of RPGS okay!!!!!

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Kenchi

Geonjaha wrote:

No. Not yet.
I do have hopes for the future though - the DS was a great system for RPG's.

Total agreement. I have high hopes.
Ocarina of Time is the next best thing for me right now.

Switch Friend Code: 6267 6151 9714
3DS Friend Code: 3625-7861-0439
NNID: Kenchi9
ACNL town: Zenn La

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.