Forums

Topic: Has the 3DS started to build a respectable RPG Library?

Posts 81 to 100 of 120

RR529

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I'm not too much of an RPG gamer, but it doesn't seem like there are too many out. On the other hand, you can't look left or right without seeing a (Fighter) game.
Street Fighter
Tekken 3D
Blaz Blue
Dead or Alive
Just to name a few.. Although I still am hoping for a Mortal Kombat game

Umm... the fighters you just listed are the only fighters on the system. There's certainly more JRPGs on the system than fighters (although there aren't many of them, either).

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

RR529

Oh, glad to hear you like it (Denpa Men) @WhiteKnight!

I just finished off the last of the extra dungeons about an hour ago, myself.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

Nintenyearold

The good news is that even though the 3DS doesn't quite have the huge RPG library the DS had, you can still play all those DS RPG's on your 3DS.

My Site : Nintenyearold.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code : 0946-2267-9354
Wii U : Soon

Twitter:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

No good RPGs yet, no Once Unchained Blades, Etrian Odyssey 4 and Fire Emblem are out it'll be a little better

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

Kyoto

I soooo hope to once see Etrian Odyssey 4 here in Europe, but I guess that's a far-away dream

Hope Ghostlight / Rising star games will localise it somehow.

[url=http://backloggery.com/kyoto][/url]

Nintendo Network ID: Lynox5

SammyOfMobius

SCAR392 wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Paper Mario Sticker Star, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Denpa Men, Heroes of Ruin, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, and other RPG's. So yes, I do.

Haven't you heard? Those aren't RPGs. They have a story not designed by you.

What? Um... yeah, I have no idea what you just said. They're RPGs, alright? If none of these are RPGs then what are they? Answer me that. And don't say they're adventure games, except Kingdom Hearts 3D I'd kinda agree on.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

RR529

MultiMariosonic wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Paper Mario Sticker Star, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Denpa Men, Heroes of Ruin, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, and other RPG's. So yes, I do.

Haven't you heard? Those aren't RPGs. They have a story not designed by you.

What? Um... yeah, I have no idea what you just said. They're RPGs, alright? If none of these are RPGs then what are they? Answer me that. And don't say they're adventure games, except Kingdom Hearts 3D I'd kinda agree on.

They're JRPGs, a "spin-off" genré of the original RPG genré.

I could go into a long explanation of why JRPGs aren't RPGs (and no, it's not because those games were made in Japan), but just read @WhiteKnight's posts over the past few pages, and you'll have your answer.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

kkslider5552000

RR529 wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Paper Mario Sticker Star, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Denpa Men, Heroes of Ruin, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, and other RPG's. So yes, I do.

Haven't you heard? Those aren't RPGs. They have a story not designed by you.

What? Um... yeah, I have no idea what you just said. They're RPGs, alright? If none of these are RPGs then what are they? Answer me that. And don't say they're adventure games, except Kingdom Hearts 3D I'd kinda agree on.

They're JRPGs, a "spin-off" genré of the original RPG genré.

I could go into a long explanation of why JRPGs aren't RPGs (and no, it's not because those games were made in Japan), but just read @WhiteKnight's posts over the past few pages, and you'll have your answer.

awkward moment: Scar was pretty obviously being sarcastic. Oops.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

rayword45

Mario - Along with the choice of power-ups, you have the choice to use warp pipes to take alternate routes, thereby affecting the story (truer in newer titles)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

kkslider5552000

rayword45 wrote:

Mario - Along with the choice of power-ups, you have the choice to use warp pipes to take alternate routes, thereby affecting the story (truer in newer titles)

I make up my own stupid story while playing as Kirby in Epic Yarn. RPG!!!!11!!

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

rayword45

What about those Choose-Your-Own Adventure books some of us read as kids? RPG!!!!

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Bankai

1) writing your own fanfics in you head doesn't have an impact on the game, so no that's not an indicator that a game is an RPG.

2) Choose-your-own-adventure games are linear stories, which I already explained are not RPGs.

I like that, rather than debate a topic with any real argument or philosophy, you're resorting to mockery. So either you don't understand what I am talking about, or somehow I have offended you by saying your favourite games are not RPGs. It's true that the RPG genre is my favourite, but don't worry, I'm not actually criticising the games, it's perfectly possible for a game to be fun, and not an RPG.

kkslider5552000

WhiteKnight wrote:

I like that, rather than debate a topic with any real argument or philosophy, you're resorting to mockery. So either you don't understand what I am talking about, or somehow I have offended you by saying your favourite games are not RPGs.

I just like easy targets for jokes sometimes. If you "find" anything more, you're looking too hard, bud.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Guys, what is an RPG, I don't think anyone really knows.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

Lzeon

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Guys, what is an RPG, I don't think anyone really knows.

Untitled

What are you talking about? Even Waltzy can't deny this

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)
Smash characters: Yoshi, Shulk, and Corrin

My Sonyloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SMEXIZELDAMAN

LZBirdboi wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Guys, what is an RPG, I don't think anyone really knows.

Untitled

What are you talking about? Even Waltzy can't deny this

Is that a JRPG or an SRPG? They all look the same so I find it hard to tell...

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

kkslider5552000

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Guys, what is an RPG, I don't think anyone really knows.

RPG is now Zelda.

Zelda.

(y'know the solution is to just put "RPG/JRPG" in the title since it technically is a different genre. Fair is fair.)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

rayword45

To be honest, I'm not even a big fan of RPGs. It's just that your description is far too strict to the point where it seems "true" RPGs no longer exist in modern gaming, unless one counts some Sandbox games and again, that's very loose.

Also, I didn't mean to mock you, I was just having fun lol.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Lzeon

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

LZBirdboi wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Guys, what is an RPG, I don't think anyone really knows.

Untitled

What are you talking about? Even Waltzy can't deny this

Is that a JRPG or an SRPG? They all look the same so I find it hard to tell...

"Made in China"...so I guess it's a CRPG

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)
Smash characters: Yoshi, Shulk, and Corrin

My Sonyloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ogo79

streets of rage is an rpg

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)
FriedSquid wrote:
Play Urban Champion — you won't regret it!

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic