Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 726 to 745 of 5,116

Snagrio

Serj_Vaykian wrote:

I do hope though that someday they bring back laguz in an FE though in some capacity. Thats something im going to miss if they are done with them.

Well, there is a unit that changes into a dragon in the video, so I guess it's a spiritual successor of sorts?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

pashaveliki

@WingedFish a huge percentage of FE games have had some character that is a dragon/human thingamabob.
It is a common theme in Fire Emblem, much like the fire emblem itself as well as certain weapon names.

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

pashaveliki

@Emaan even the old classic Fire Emblem games had multiple save files, so you're good.

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

Well, the demo did it for me. I'm definitely getting this.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

SarcasticWisdom

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Well, the demo did it for me. I'm definitely getting this.

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

Tsuchinoko

Aqueous wrote:

Casual is likely a safe way to run through the game on your first time to get use to things. I don't see it as a weakness, more a way to get through the game with little frustration. That being said I'm jumping right into Lunatic on classic.

Just wanting to tell you that I tried Lunatic mode a few days ago, on classic mode. It was so frustratingly hard that I actually started over again on hard mode (I have just beaten the game on normal). It was so hard that it wasn't even fun anymore. It took me 12 tries just to beat the first stage. I mean, if you want to go for it on your first try, go ahead, but I would wait until your second playthrough, especially since the levels get really difficult even on normal mode about halfway through.

I'm glad the mode is there, but I mean...wow. It is so hard I was actually kind of shocked by it. It felt like the game was actually cheating.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Void

Tsuchinoko wrote:

[It is so hard I was actually kind of shocked by it. It felt like the game was actually cheating.

I thought that was the point of Lunatic, or was that Lunatic+ ?

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Tsuchinoko

Void wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

[It is so hard I was actually kind of shocked by it. It felt like the game was actually cheating.

I mean, I guess so, but I would advise everyone to at least play normal or hard mode on their first playthrough, only because the game itself is such a joy that I wouldn't want anyone to have frustrating rage get in the way of their enjoyment.

In either case there's much to love about the game, so everyone will have fun with it, I just feel like Lunatic is something that people who have already finished the game should try out, almost like an extra feature. This is one game, especially with the marriage branching and gaiden chapters that people will want to play a second or third time anyway.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Void wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I mean, I guess so, but I would advise everyone to at least play normal or hard mode on their first playthrough, only because the game itself is such a joy that I wouldn't want anyone to have frustrating rage get in the way of their enjoyment.

In either case there's much to love about the game, so everyone will have fun with it, I just feel like Lunatic is something that people who have already finished the game should try out, almost like an extra feature. This is one game, especially with the marriage branching and gaiden chapters that people will want to play a second or third time anyway.

Just like how Shadow Dragon had one to five stars, beginning on hard mode no less. Most people I heard beat 5 stars with boss abuse. But to actually beat it just playing legit would be insane. You miss like all the time and are killed almost immediately lol.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Void

WingedFish wrote:

You guessed it, MORE FE video goodness!

I knew there were people who rode Pegasi and Dragons (er, Wyverns) in this game, but I didn't know that you could have freaking Griffins and have people who change into giant killer rabbits! That is just awesomeness to the max right there.

Why does Donnel's log go 'chink' as if it were metal?...

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Snagrio

Void wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

You guessed it, MORE FE video goodness!

I knew there were people who rode Pegasi and Dragons (er, Wyverns) in this game, but I didn't know that you could have freaking Griffins and have people who change into giant killer rabbits! That is just awesomeness to the max right there.

Why does Donnel's log go 'chink' as if it were metal?...

/Shrugs
I don't know, it's from an Ironwood tree?

Snagrio

TheConsonant

Most likely they use a generic audio file for all weapons and didn't think about that it would be weird for some things.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Snagrio

Just had a thought. I wonder if Awakening will be the first FE game outside Japan to not become totally scarce a while after release. Seeing as it's being publicized quite a bit (there's even a TV commercial as I've posted earlier) and Nintendo is pushing a number of videos teaching newcomers what the series is about, perhaps copies won't just disappear and become super expensive like the others have in the past.

Plus, due to Sacred Stones being a free game via the ambassador program, many more people have been exposed to the franchise that otherwise probably never would have played an FE game, widening the fanbase.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

TheConsonant

It's possible but it all depends on how well it sells. If it sells well Ninty will keep producing the games so that they'll keep making money off of it. As it is none of the FE games have sold extremely well to warrant Ninty making a huge amount of copies to begin with. There's certainly a possibility that it could be like that, signs point to some stores already selling out on pre-orders alone. But you also have to consider that this will also be a digital download so nintendo may not feel the need to make more copies and thus creating the same situation. And since there are digital copies physical will most likely be even rarer and more expensive because it'll most likely be seen as a collectors edition.

It could really go either way.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

So i'm curious, how would everyone rate the American releases? I know most people didn't like Shadow Dragon as much, but what do you think of the other games? Also, do you think Path of Radiance is worth 50 dollars?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Happy_Mask

Easily. All of them except SD are excellent, masterful games.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

TheConsonant

CapnPancakez wrote:

So i'm curious, how would everyone rate the American releases? I know most people didn't like Shadow Dragon as much, but what do you think of the other games? Also, do you think Path of Radiance is worth 50 dollars?

I'd say both gba game are like 8.5 and PoR and RD are around 9.5 give or take.

I'd rank them RD=PoR>BS>SS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shadow Dragon.

Path of Radiance is worth fifty, that's what it was originally and I didn't regret buying that.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Well this is how i rate the American releases....

Path of Radiance = 9.5
Fire Emblem = 9
Radiant Dawn = 8.5
Sacred Stones = 8
Shadow Dragon = 7

Still love all of them, even Shadow Dragon despite its shortcomings. PoR is definitely worth $50. I bet you could find it used at $30 but $50 is still well worth it in my mind.

TheConsonant

Serj_Vaykian wrote:

Well this is how i rate the American releases....

Path of Radiance = 9.5
Fire Emblem = 9
Radiant Dawn = 8.5
Sacred Stones = 8
Shadow Dragon = 7

Still love all of them, even Shadow Dragon despite its shortcomings. PoR is definitely worth $50. I bet you could find it used at $30 but $50 is still well worth it in my mind.

Gamestop is pretty much the only place you'll be able to find it at thirty. Most small time game stores sell it for fifty. Most websites sell higher.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

I got it at a local retro store called Video Game Wizards. Not just Gamestop sells at that price.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.