3DS Forum

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Showing 701 to 720 of 4,828

AuthorMessage

TheConsonant

701. Posted:

pariah164 wrote:

For those who are playing FE for the first time (like me), is picking Casual a bad thing? A lot of FE fans have flamed me for saying I'm picking casual when I get the game.

Also, side note... The tiny feet on the sprites bother me something fierce. Am I alone?

Most fans think that it changes how the game is played, I believe this as well, and that it turns it into a game that doesn't require as much strategy. I don't have a problem with people picking it though, while it may not be what FE should be it gets other people playing.

TheConsonant

Twitter: Divine_King_K

AuthorMessage

Emaan

702. Posted:

pariah164 wrote:

For those who are playing FE for the first time (like me), is picking Casual a bad thing? A lot of FE fans have flamed me for saying I'm picking casual when I get the game.

This is my first Fire Emblem as well. :p

I'm highly considering Classic Mode because I feel its part of the experience, and pretty much what makes the series unique when it comes to the importance of each decision you make. If you're one of those people who won't enjoy a game if it gets too frustrating, then go with Casual Mode. It's your choice, and really whatever makes you enjoy the game better.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Lan

703. Posted:

I think casual would take a lot of the magic away. I wholeheartedly recommend playing on classic. It'll be much more tense, and much more rewarding.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

moomoo

704. Posted:

pariah164 wrote:

All it does is remove permadeath. I'd wager you'd get the same kind of strategic difficulty from having casual mode on hard as someone using classic on normal. I wouldn't worry about it.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

pashaveliki

705. Posted:

pariah164 wrote:

Also, side note... The tiny feet on the sprites bother me something fierce. Am I alone?

If you enjoy playing casual, play casual. what other people say/think/do is not going to make you like a game more/less...

Also... the feet don't bother me per se, but then again I was the only person in my dorm that liked Wind Waker when it launched back in the day... and WW had the same peg feet thing.

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter: pashaveliki

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

706. Posted:

The only way the feet would be a deal breaker is if you have a fetish.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

pashaveliki

707. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

The only way the feet would be a deal breaker is if you have a fetish.

hahahahaha! nice!

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter: pashaveliki

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

708. Posted:

Less than 2 weeks now! Ugh I wish i was playing this game right now.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage

TheConsonant

709. Posted:

12 days 12 hours and 30 minutes

TheConsonant

AuthorMessage

R-L-A-George

710. Posted:

Download or retail if I get it, I know one is cheaper in some regions in the eshop.

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage

pariah164

711. Posted:

... Nope. Still picking Casual. Thanks though. :)

The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

712. Posted:

Ah, there was another question I've been meaning to ask but kept forgetting. The demo mentions for casual mode that you can save at any time. So does that mean you have to be at designated areas to save progress in Classic mode?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

713. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Ah, there was another question I've been meaning to ask but kept forgetting. The demo mentions for casual mode that you can save at any time. So does that mean you have to be at designated areas to save progress in Classic mode?

You can still suspend at any point though I think. :3

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

714. Posted:

Pretty much what it means is you can save and if you die you can reload it and try again. On classic you can save but its just a quick save. It's gone after you reload it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

715. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

You can still suspend at any point though I think. :3

Oh. The way they worded made it sound like you couldn't save at any time in Classic.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Lan

716. Posted:

Got my roommate to start Sacred Stones. Think he's liking it, but he was expecting a smaller cast more akin to a Final Fantasy game

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

TheConsonant

717. Posted:

Lan wrote:

Got my roommate to start Sacred Stones. Think he's liking it, but he was expecting a smaller cast more akin to a Final Fantasy game

Make sure he does support convos so he can get to know the characters better, he'd probably be disappointed by most of the minor units habing little to do with the main story.

TheConsonant

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

718. Posted:

I can now download this game 29 times! 32 gigs FTW!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

719. Posted:

Casual is likely a safe way to run through the game on your first time to get use to things. I don't see it as a weakness, more a way to get through the game with little frustration. That being said I'm jumping right into Lunatic on classic.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Emaan

720. Posted:

Does this game have multiple files?

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰