Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 741 to 760 of 5,116

Happy_Mask

Easily. All of them except SD are excellent, masterful games.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

TheConsonant

CapnPancakez wrote:

So i'm curious, how would everyone rate the American releases? I know most people didn't like Shadow Dragon as much, but what do you think of the other games? Also, do you think Path of Radiance is worth 50 dollars?

I'd say both gba game are like 8.5 and PoR and RD are around 9.5 give or take.

I'd rank them RD=PoR>BS>SS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shadow Dragon.

Path of Radiance is worth fifty, that's what it was originally and I didn't regret buying that.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Well this is how i rate the American releases....

Path of Radiance = 9.5
Fire Emblem = 9
Radiant Dawn = 8.5
Sacred Stones = 8
Shadow Dragon = 7

Still love all of them, even Shadow Dragon despite its shortcomings. PoR is definitely worth $50. I bet you could find it used at $30 but $50 is still well worth it in my mind.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TheConsonant

Serj_Vaykian wrote:

Well this is how i rate the American releases....

Path of Radiance = 9.5
Fire Emblem = 9
Radiant Dawn = 8.5
Sacred Stones = 8
Shadow Dragon = 7

Still love all of them, even Shadow Dragon despite its shortcomings. PoR is definitely worth $50. I bet you could find it used at $30 but $50 is still well worth it in my mind.

Gamestop is pretty much the only place you'll be able to find it at thirty. Most small time game stores sell it for fifty. Most websites sell higher.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

I got it at a local retro store called Video Game Wizards. Not just Gamestop sells at that price.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TheConsonant

Serj_Vaykian wrote:

I got it at a local retro store called Video Game Wizards. Not just Gamestop sells at that price.

Very nice, that's the first store I've heard doing that. Most will sell just under what it goes for online.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Klunk23

The commercial appears to be playing on adult swim. Seen it a couple times.

Edited on by Klunk23

Life needs to be as funtastic as you can make it

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3053-2523 | Nintendo Network ID: klunk23

TheConsonant

Klunk23 wrote:

The commercial appears to be playing on adult swim. Seen it a couple times.

Makes sense. It'd probably play on most shows targeted at older teens later at night.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I'm going to assume that the 4; 5 star ratings on the eshop are from reviewers. Going with that theory I'm going to guess that this game here gets nothing less then an 8.5 from any reviewer. Might I dare say NL might give it a 10!!! I'm thinking yes!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

pashaveliki

@CapnPancakez Shadow Dragon is just very old school. The touched up the writing and added save points, but other than that, left it as is. The main reason people dislike it imho is the art style. instead of kick ass pixel art battle animations, they went with fugly prerendered graphics (probably due to prerednered being cheaper).
in my opinion, Path of Radiance and it's follow up Radiant Dawn are two of the best games in the series.

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

Klunk23

I got path of radiance for 25 dollars at a local gaming store called gamers.

Klunk23

As far ad ratings go for me
-Fire Emblem 7- 9
-sacred stones-9
-Path of radiance-9.5
-radiant dawn-9
-shadow dragon-8

TheConsonant

pashaveliki wrote:

@CapnPancakez Shadow Dragon is just very old school. The touched up the writing and added save points, but other than that, left it as is. The main reason people dislike it imho is the art style. instead of kick ass pixel art battle animations, they went with fugly prerendered graphics (probably due to prerednered being cheaper).
in my opinion, Path of Radiance and it's follow up Radiant Dawn are two of the best games in the series.

Eh, I would have to disagree. While the art style is bad there are other things that contribute to its terribleness. The maps themselves were terrible, continually forcing you to bottleneck chapter after chapter is just ugh, instead of completing a chapter a certain way to get a gaiden chapter they have you kill off units, the fake difficulty was just stupid too; adding more units and making them more powerful isn't making things more difficult just forcing you to boss or arena abuse. And to call Shadow Dragon old school is just giving it too much, it's a poorly aged port that should not have been released with the lack of newness that it had.

While it may be pretty much FE1 that's no excuse, FE1 is a game that has aged very poorly.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

pashaveliki

@TheConsonant totally legit complaints to be sure.

I 'liked' it, but it will never go in my book as one of the best. Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 on the SNES are better than the DS's Shadow Dragon, but then again Shadow Dragon is a lightly reskinned Mystery of the Emblem so that makes sense.

Shadow Dragon only made it here, because people love Marth from Smash Bros. Frankly having a remade combination Genealogy and Thracia for the DS or 3DS would be amazing. Those are much more in line design wise with modern FE.

Edited on by pashaveliki

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Serj_Vaykian wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Void wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

[It is so hard I was actually kind of shocked by it. It felt like the game was actually cheating.

I thought that was the point of Lunatic, or was that Lunatic+ ?

I mean, I guess so, but I would advise everyone to at least play normal or hard mode on their first playthrough, only because the game itself is such a joy that I wouldn't want anyone to have frustrating rage get in the way of their enjoyment.

In either case there's much to love about the game, so everyone will have fun with it, I just feel like Lunatic is something that people who have already finished the game should try out, almost like an extra feature. This is one game, especially with the marriage branching and gaiden chapters that people will want to play a second or third time anyway.

Just like how Shadow Dragon had one to five stars, beginning on hard mode no less. Most people I heard beat 5 stars with boss abuse. But to actually beat it just playing legit would be insane. You miss like all the time and are killed almost immediately lol.

Exactly. Even on my current second playthrough (hard mode) I die a lot. Its really fun and it forced me to think a lot, but yeah, its a challenge.

I was thinking about it the other day, and from my experience with lunatic mode so far, I still advise anyone on their first run to do normal or hard mode. With lunatic mode, its like a completely different way to play it. Nearly all of your characters become absolutely useless, and there are times where you have to measure the pros and cons of sacrificing someone so that you can move on. But at the start, almost all of the characters (except for Frederick/Frederique, who in the Japanese pronunciation sounds more like the French name to me) are unusable because they are so weak. Actually, I wanted to turn half of them off (which you can do later, and go through a stage with less than the maximum amount) just because they were in the way. It because more about trial and error than actual planning and action, memorizing what set-up I did the last time that caused me to die, since I have to die 12-15 times just to figure out which precise moves I had to make to get the enemy units to move to certain areas on their turn. Some of it of course was just luck, since I'd do all of that and then, even if I timed everything correctly, added up the attack and HP numbers to see if my character could take a hit, the boss or other enemy units would get a random second hit on their turn, or even a dreaded powered-up hit that would kill me instantly. This made any other sort of goals (such as killing the thieves for items, or getting keys for treasure chests, or leveling up weaker characters) absolutely impossible to achieve. Just surviving with all of my characters at the end was hard enough.

I think that could be quite fun, but for the first playthrough, I wouldn't want to experience the game like that.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Spoony_Tech

Does anyone even use Fredrick? I mean he is so over powering that he hogs all the experience to himself lol. Even then its not much. All I use him for is a barrier for characters with low hit points. Or the occasional attack because I don't have a choice!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Snagrio

@Tech101 Off topic, but regarding your sig, it's already 2013...
Back ON topic though, yeah, Fred is freaking OP. At least in the demo's length.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

TheConsonant

Frederik is what we call a Jeigan, he might be an oifey though. A jeigan a prepromoted unit that seems good early on but actually turns out terrible when he reaches 20/20. Taking a unit like that to end game expecting it to be awesome is called getting Jeigan'd.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Snagrio

TheConsonant wrote:

Frederik is what we call a Jeigan, he might be an oifey though. A jeigan a prepromoted unit that seems good early on but actually turns out terrible when he reaches 20/20. Taking a unit like that to end game expecting it to be awesome is called getting Jeigan'd.

I didn't say he was OP for the game per-say, I meant OP for the demo.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.