Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 2,517

LzWinky

Children are also strategic though. If you want good kids, marry the right characters

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yoshi

Interestingly, Birthright is rated T for animated blood and suggestive themes, while Conquest is rated T for animated blood, fantasy violence, and suggestive themes.

For comparison, Awakening is rated T for alcohol references, fantasy violence, mild language, and mild suggestive themes.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Gridatttack

I have to wonder how censored the game will be when its released overseas.

I hope its not too much.

Thinking of getting both games digitally.

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

kkslider5552000

weirdly I might end up getting Awakening after Fates comes out. Very behind on games like that.

Still plan on supporting Fates (unless I dislike Awakening), just not ASAP.

amusingly Project X Zone 2 comes out around that time too. ...does having Chrom and Lucina in that game a terrible idea considering it will essentially be competing with the sequel to the game they were in?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LzWinky

They are different games in terms of gameplay, so no

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

KO-Cub wrote:

It's not about marrying the right character, but what skills, class and stat mods will be supplied for the child. But there are many units that are better than the children.

Who is better than a sweet child with all the good skills? Granted, this time they won't be as bonkers as Awakening. Then again, BOTH genders can access Gale Force easily

KO-Cub

If you'll like Awakening, I highly doubt you could hate Fates. But play this in reverse, you'd probably be disappointed. Highly suggested you play FE13 at least a bit, first.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Dezzy

Gridatttack wrote:

I hope its not too much.

What about it would be censored? There's nothing overly controversial here.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

KO-Cub

Dezzy wrote:

Gridatttack wrote:

I hope its not too much.

What about it would be censored? There's nothing overly controversial here.

Arguable, cause there's heaps of problems to do with characters; like Zero is sadistic ass and a bit of a sexual offender. While Pieri says nothing but about killing people and murder over and over again, sounds like Henry 2.0 if you ask me.

LzWinky

I doubt they'll censor Pieri if Henry wasn't touched

Ralizah

@Dezzy: Isn't this the game with the incest stuff, the oversexualized dialogue during the touching bits, etc.? I can't imagine this game isn't going to be heavily censored by Nintendo.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

GamecubeMan

So far these complaints about Fire Emblem If are really petty and lame. Most of these complaints dont even affect your enjoyment of the game. Also, there wasnt nearly as much complaining when Awakening changed up the artstyle. I understand there is a greater focus on dating but it is not required as is purchase both games and the same with using phoenix mode. Its this very attitude that has that has made Nintendo fans earn the reputation of being "whinny".

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Ralizah

GamecubeMan wrote:

Its this very attitude that has that has made Nintendo fans earn the reputation of being "whinny".

Average Nintendo Fan:
Untitled

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

KO-Cub

GamecubeMan wrote:

Most of these complaints dont even affect your enjoyment of the game.

That is for the players to decide.

Also, there wasnt nearly as much complaining when Awakening changed up the artstyle.

Until at least the first 2 months when players started nitpicking. Seriosuly though, the difference between character design between then and now, can be something to complain about.

I understand there is a greater focus on dating but it is not required as is purchase both games and the same with using phoenix mode.

First of all, the cares givin about Pheonix Mode, anymore, are none. Secondly, if you wanna go through all of the supports, and obtain all the children, the dating is required. And if someone wants to see why apparently Birthright's story is better than the other two routes and how the characters stack up to each other, then they probably should buy all versions for more gametime. Look at that, how your negative became a nice positive.
Seriously, do we care when we're called "whiney"? Cuz, no fanbase is perfect.

GamecubeMan

@KO-Cub A user just complained about Phoenix Mode not too long ago. Also, if someone truely wants to enjoy the game they can purposely avoid most of the issues complained about. Fire Emblem games literally let you skip through all of the text and talking and just play the game. It is also obvious that my opinion has as much value as someone give it in any situation. Its your money and your opinion and at the end of the day I cant change that. Also I never said Nintendo fans are perfect so I dont know where that came from...,

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

LztheQuack wrote:

They are different games in terms of gameplay, so no

they're japanese strategy 3DS games

I'd assume by default they'd have a similar audience. I mean they're different types of strategy games (arguably very different) but I'd assume people who want a Japanese-y, long, story driven turn based strategy game with RPG elements would also be interested in a Japanese-y, long, story driven turn based strategy game with RPG elements.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eat_Pie

For those of you who still want the SE, there's rumored to be a restock sometime around Christmas/early January.

Eat_Pie

Fudgenuggets

LztheQuack wrote:

I doubt they'll censor Pieri if Henry wasn't touched

Henry actually has gone through some changes through localization. I think JP Henry was actually more sadistic and less humorous. Localized Henry still had the whole "I love to kill people for fun" thing going on, but now he's also known for comic relief and pulling jokes and puns.

3DS: 3609-1364-2981

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.