Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 961 to 980 of 2,517

Socar

@Yoshi: I honestly never cared about the lack of feet in Awakening just as long as the game delivered memorable time for me.

I'll never forget Tharja, Chrom, Virion and many of the cast and not to mention the game that made me love this genre!

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Eat_Pie

Do you think Fates SE will be restocked? I've been trying to find a SE, but they've been out of stock recently. I know that Gamestop has restocked several times, but I haven't jumped on those because of their shipping prices. I've been waiting for Best Buy to stock, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm hoping there's one soon-like before Black Friday- or sometime during the next two months, before it releases.

Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Someone on the nowinstock.net website called Nintendo about the Fates SE. They said they wouldn't be restocking anytime soon. I'm still hopeful and the people on the website are trying to send e-mails/call Nintendo about restocking.

Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Someone on the nowinstock.net website called Nintendo about the Fates SE. They said they wouldn't be restocking anytime soon. I'm still hopeful and the people on the website are trying to send e-mails/call Nintendo about restocking.

Eat_Pie

LzWinky

I doubt it since it's a limited edition

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eat_Pie

@LztheQuack
Really? It doesn't say LE anywhere. I thought it was a special edition.

Eat_Pie

LzWinky

Well "special" usually means "limited" too since there are bonuses as well

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eat_Pie

@LztheQuack
That's true, but if it was a LE, I think there would have been a confirmation. I haven't seen anything that talks about it being a LE.

Eat_Pie

GamecubeMan

If worst comes to worst I will have to buy the SE from Craigslist for $100

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Iggly

Managed to pre order the special edition at EB Games today. I guess it was a good thing I did it in store since my friend had troubles with the site and by the time she got it to work it was already sold out.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Shinion

I'm really starting to get wound up about this game so I'll air my grievances here and see if anyone can help me. I live in the UK, and can anyone confirm if any details have been given on the release of this game in the UK or wider Europe even, for the normal or limited editions? Beyond what they said in the Direct of course, which was very little. I just want to pre-order the special edition from anywhere and be done with it, the lack of a solid release date is bugging me enough, I don't want to miss out on a LE as well. I'm one of the biggest Fire Emblem fans there are having played every localised version, most to completion and some several times, but even I can see how Nintendo are making it easy to hate on this game, even though I think the 'sellout' claims are still very, very harsh.

I can't wait to get the game but if us Europeans have to wait beyond Q1 to play it and if I miss out on a LE my experience could be soured before I even get to complete the prologue, and that is beyond rare for a Nintendo game. The other controversial points about the game, the animeification, the weapon triangle/durability changes, Phoenix mode and the inevitable butchering the dialogue will get in localisation don't really bother me at all TBH, I'm actually quite looking forward to the latter I have to say. If Nintendo putting one doge meme in Triforce Heroes was enough for a minor outrage I can only imagine what will happen with this game. It'll be brutal, and the 'better' American version done by the memetastic NoA is first so that's one positive from the early US release I suppose.

Shinion

LzWinky

TheLastLugia wrote:

I'm really starting to get wound up about this game so I'll air my grievances here and see if anyone can help me. I live in the UK, and can anyone confirm if any details have been given on the release of this game in the UK or wider Europe even, for the normal or limited editions? Beyond what they said in the Direct of course, which was very little. I just want to pre-order the special edition from anywhere and be done with it, the lack of a solid release date is bugging me enough, I don't want to miss out on a LE as well.

If you live in the UK, I would suggest checking the official Nintendo store or Amazon to see when the special edition is posted or not. I don't live in Europe, so I cannot provide details. I will tell you that America already got its set of preorders, so I can't imagine Europe being too far behind. You could also try asking Nintendo when it will be available.

I'm one of the biggest Fire Emblem fans there are having played every localised version, most to completion and some several times, but even I can see how Nintendo are making it easy to hate on this game, even though I think the 'sellout' claims are still very, very harsh.

I completed Awakening with over 200 hours of play time, and I think the complaints are mostly petty.

I can't wait to get the game but if us Europeans have to wait beyond Q1 to play it and if I miss out on a LE my experience could be soured before I even get to complete the prologue, and that is beyond rare for a Nintendo game.

I would try to contact Nintendo then so you don't miss out. I already preordered my special edition and can't wait for it.

The other controversial points about the game, the animeification,

It was always animeified. It's just more noticeable now.

the weapon triangle/durability changes

Which is nothing new. Just about every game/sequel gets a new set of specifics like weapons and magic

Phoenix mode

Freaking petty complaints about nothing important. Fans will whine and moan about the dumbest things.

and the inevitable butchering the dialogue will get in localisation don't really bother me at all TBH, I'm actually quite looking forward to the latter I have to say.

Actually NoA's treehouse can do some good work on localizing the dialogue. I'm not sure about Europe though.

If Nintendo putting one doge meme in Triforce Heroes was enough for a minor outrage I can only imagine what will happen with this game.

Petty complaints and "outrage" are inevitable no matter what

It'll be brutal, and the 'better' American version done by the memetastic NoA is first so that's one positive from the early US release I suppose.

You see, the fact you used the word "memetastic" proves my point about many complaints in general. They are often exaggerated to hell and back. If you are a true fan, these complaints are only worthy of a good laugh or shrug.

CaviarMeths

Fire Emblem has always been very anime. The only thing that's changed is what sort of anime is most popular among Japanese viewers.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Grumblevolcano

The fact a release date was not mentioned in the EU Direct makes me think we're getting it later like with Codename STEAM and FE Awakening. I'm guessing May so now that XCX and Paper Jam are out the next Nintendo game is Twilight Princess HD in March.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

@SpookyMeths: Nah. It's just been anime. Not anime with so many cliche anime tropes, till Awakening.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

CaviarMeths

Almost every character and line of dialogue in Path of Radiance was a cliche anime trope. It just wasn't moe.

Really, it's Anime Tropes: The Video Game Series.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Shinion

@SpookyMeths: I liked the cutscenes in PoR and Radiant Dawn, but if anyone tries to suggest Nintendo are damaging the series with the recent anime changes as of Awakening, I'll always point them to one or two of those cutscenes, because they just put things into perspective. Loved, loved, loved the Battle at the Ribahn River cutscene. So anime, such fun. Many cliché one liners.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

CaviarMeths

@TheLastLugia: Ya, I don't want to give off the impression that I'm knocking FE for being so anime. I like anime. I like anime enough to be aware that moeblob I Can't Believe My 1000 Year Old Dragon Can Be This Cute anime gained popularity much more recently than when the series launched in 1990.

It's just a series that has always followed market trends from a storytelling perspective, that's all.

Grumblevolcano

@TheLastLugia: I thought the only main problem people had with Awakening and Fates was the larger focus on dating sim gameplay. It was very limited with the previous games that came to the west and Binding Blade but with Awakening, they opened up the children system of which one had to happen for the story to progress. That's apparently back in Fates and you've also got those My Castle features.

This setup also leads into the Xenoblade Chronicles X debate because those who are excited by the My Castle features will be angry when NoA censors a lot of stuff like what happened regarding the boob slider in XCX.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

@Grumblevolcano: There's nothing wrong with My Castle first of all. Amiie touching face is a different story. But pretty sure My Castle was shown in an English Trailer? Idk.
People's main problem with Fire Emblems new direction was the whole fanservice, one dimensional characters, and easy gameplay with watered down maps in general. Most of this is fixed in Nohr actually, except fanservice is like a Critical Hit compared to Awaken'n. The children is also redundant, because the reason for them to bring back children was for fan service, and also force players, who didn't even like the Marriage Mechanic, to marry if they wanted more content like more; chapters, units that are stronger and customized, or support dialog. The children also make no sense. Marriage, instant baby?, thrown into Hyperbolic-time chamber?, come back older with morals and skills and some reason lore with other characters despite being alone in time and space? It's... I'll say redundant, again.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.