Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 2,517

CaviarMeths

kkslider5552000 wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

They are different games in terms of gameplay, so no

they're japanese strategy 3DS games

I'd assume by default they'd have a similar audience. I mean they're different types of strategy games (arguably very different) but I'd assume people who want a Japanese-y, long, story driven turn based strategy game with RPG elements would also be interested in a Japanese-y, long, story driven turn based strategy game with RPG elements.

I don't think so. I think people make an associate with the brand rather than the specific characters. Remember that we first got Fire Emblem in the west due to positive reception of Roy and Marth in Smash, one of which has still never been in a western-released FE game and the other not until several years later on the next generation of hardware.

People will see Chrom and Lucina in PxZ2 and be more inclined to buy the new Fire Emblem game, even if it's not the one that actually features Chrom and Lucina.

Though it also goes without saying that FE will be much more popular than PxZ2, so the cross-promotion or competition potential is going to be fairly limited anyway.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Grumblevolcano

Corrin's part of the Smash Direct seems to suggest a February release for Europe.

Sakurai translation said: "It's been awhile since the new Fire Emblem title launched in Japan but we're now just a couple of months away from launching it in the rest of the world."

Couple means 2, 2 months after December is February which is the confirmed release month for the game in NA.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

Good. Europe shall enjoy this with the Americans

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Shinion

Yeah, it would be completely idiotic for Nintendo to pull one of their infamous idiotic release gaps with this game รก la Wooly World and Rainbow Curse. If they're putting in the effort to shamelessly cross-promote Fates then they'll have the release dates very close to each other. Just bizarre they didn't say it in the EU Direct last month.

So yeah inb4 Fire Emblem Fates the Sellout Saga Episode VII the Whiners Awaken? I have to admit that it's almost undeniable that was a reason in this decision. Yet it's weird as Fates is relatively hyped already due largely to Awakening, it's not like it's 2001 anymore and no one knows anything about Fire Emblem. Oh well I'll happily take it, Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2, Fire Emblem Fates, Corrin Smash DLC all in February. Should be a good month

Shinion

Eat_Pie

Dang... It sold out when I was at school. Oh well, I'll have to wait for the next restock that happens when I'm not at school.

@TheLastLugia
My guess is that Europe will get it at most a month later. IIRC Europe got Awakening a couple months later.

Eat_Pie

Socar

So I'm excited about getting this game next year and I'm betting that its gonna sell well.....atleast that's what I thought until I realised something. Street Fighter V is releasing before Fates does....... how can this turn out well for the sales wise?

Granted, you can say that the sales would still hurt because of the game being divided into two separate games but the problem is that, you don't need them both to enjoy the entire game (atleast for now until a reviewer says otherwise).

If this game doesn't sell well.....could we end up not tipping the scales?!?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

^I don't understand why you think Street Fighter has any bearing on Fire Emblem...they are both different genres and consoles.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Socar wrote:

@arronishere: Funny because when Paper Jam was released in Japan, Monster Hunter still came on top which means that the sales of Paper Jam dipped because of Monster Hunter.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/12/mario_and_luigi_pape...

Ah, so you missed typed Monster Hunter as Street Fighter, Fire Emblem as Paper Jam and meant Paper Jam with it's underwhelming hype and reception doesn't sell as well as a juggernaut franchise like Monster Hunter. Why are you posting this in the Fates thread?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Socar

@arronishere: I'm telling that the same thing can happen for Fates as well and its not a mistype. Street Fighter is the most hyped game than Fates and it could potentially ruin the sales of Fates. Infact, seeing as how its released internationally compared to Fates which isn't, that game gets the upper hand.

So if Fates doesn't sell well in the west, we might never see Fire Emblem in west ever.....

jump

Street Fighter hasn't been a MEGA franchise since the SNES days, they are on different consoles and are appealing to different people, Paper Jam didn't sell well as because not that many people cared and not because Monster Hunter was out, Fates will do fine, stop getting your knickers in a twist over nothing.

Nicolai wrote:

Socar

@arronishere: But this is Street Fighter V we're talking about and um... have you observed the sales of Super Street Fighter 4 reaching to about a million sales. Also the fact that this new game has to reach 2 million copies otherwise the franchise comes to an end. That number is something I'm doubtful that Fates can reach and if Street Fighter reaches that, then there's no telling how much Fates will sell in the end.

How can you say that they couldn't care about Paper Jam and that Monster Hunter didn't cause it if Monster Hunter is the hyped game compared to Paper Jam to begin with?

jump

Socar wrote:

@arronishere: But this is Street Fighter V we're talking about and um... have you observed the sales of Super Street Fighter 4 reaching to about a million sales. Also the fact that this new game has to reach 2 million copies otherwise the franchise comes to an end. That number is something I'm doubtful that Fates can reach and if Street Fighter reaches that, then there's no telling how much Fates will sell in the end.

How can you say that they couldn't care about Paper Jam and that Monster Hunter didn't cause it if Monster Hunter is the hyped game compared to Paper Jam to begin with?

Go and look at the Paper Jam thread from the first page, it was never that hyped to begin with then once you're done with that look at the non-Japan chart debut of Awakening and see it never got to the number 1 chart postion and never did as it was beaten by other multiformat games every week yet it still sold well.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Shinion

I'm confident Fates will outsell Awakening. It's already done so for Japan only IIRC, and factors such as the increase in the 3DS user base, Corrin in Smash and the new fans Awakening brought means that it has every chance of doing so. Fire Emblem has never been bigger than it currently is an I'm very happy as a result.

Shinion

jump

TheLastLugia wrote:

I'm confident Fates will outsell Awakening. It's already done so for Japan only IIRC, and factors such as the increase in the 3DS user base, Corrin in Smash and the new fans Awakening brought means that it has every chance of doing so. Fire Emblem has never been bigger than it currently is an I'm very happy as a result.

Yeah, the two versions have outsold Awakening in Japan. It'll be intresting to see what it's numbers are based on, mainly if Ninty is counting other version as DLC when someone downloads it or not.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Socar

@TheLastLugia: It couldn't reach a million. How is that good sales? With the increase of the cost of technology and development, expectations need to be higher. So for a game like this, it has to sell about a million units or else its danger for the series.

@arronishere: I did as you said and yeah it wasn't so dangerous because it wasn't competing against hyped games at the time like injustice isn't at all hyped as something like GTA V or Street Fighter.

Edited on by Socar

Dave24

arronishere wrote:

TheLastLugia wrote:

Yeah, the two versions have outsold Awakening in Japan. It'll be intresting to see what it's numbers are based on, mainly if Ninty is counting other version as DLC when someone downloads it or not.

When you need 2 games for full experience, then I guess the sales will be better as with 1 game. And knowing how crappy Nintendo is, the bundle of 2 will sell out in 1 hour with 3-4 times the original price. I can't get excited for this game at all.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

jump

Socar wrote:

It couldn't reach a million. How is that good sales? With the increase of the cost of technology and development, expectations need to be higher. So for a game like this, it has to sell about a million units or else its danger for the series.

Where are you getting these numbers from? First you were saying it needs to sell 2 million and now 1 million.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Socar

@arronishere: Yeah...my mistake. It needs to sell 2 million.

@Dave24: Time will tell if the experience really requires both games instead of just one. Then again, you can say the same for SEGA making crappy decisions now and then like how stupidly they release Yakuza 5 on PS3 exclusively just recently and not porting it on PS4/PC.

jump

Socar wrote:

@arronishere: Yeah...my mistake. It needs to sell 2 million.

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE NUMBERS FROM?

Nicolai wrote:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.