Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 2,517

Grumblevolcano

@Socar: I think it's to do with 2 things.
1. Advertising: Fates has been heavily advertised on the concept of choice yet you don't get choices if you don't pick up the special edition or buy either of the 2 other paths as DLC. Kind of falls into the false advertising category which contains Halo 5.

2. The concept of digital = bad: As gaming heads further into the digital world, more Nintendo fans are complaining when there aren't physical options. Whether it's that once all the DLC for a product has been released it should be re-released as a physical product containing all DLC (e.g. Smash Wii U/3DS) or that games should always be physical in all regions rather than some (e.g. Mega Man Legacy Collection, Fatal Frame 5) it becomes problematic.

For me, I'm getting the special edition as soon as its available for preorder (still no EU release date/window yet) but if in some circumstance that was impossible I'd buy Conquest physically and get the other 2 as DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Socar

@arronishere: I was just curious about that decision thing and I'm actually not upset by this at all. I mean, you choose which side to play and after that, its your choice if you want more out of it if you like the game enough that you get more content out of it. Its not that bad..... I don't see the problem here. So double bonus that Nintendo gets.

@TeeJay: You know what? I'm getting Conquest. Hell, I've played Hard Core over Final Fantasy Tactics and granted, while that game requires a huge amount of grinding, the fact that this game has limited grinding makes me feel that its not going to be impossible to beat. I mean, seriously, Fire Emblem if I'm not mistaken didn't have any ways to grind a LOT right?

@Grumblevolcano: Except that the advertisement does do that. You have to choose which game to get and which side to be on. Its actually better advertised than Halo 5 which barely made any promises in the end.

I don't know if the special edition is limited because if it was, then the game will have a slim chance of selling well atleast that's what I feel considering the fact that you don't get another chance of getting the ultimate experience (which I'm very doubtful that it does but anyway). I mean, you can't get the stand separately unless you buy the physical copy of Uprising......so that's something I guess.....

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Shinion

@Grumblevolcano: I'd say it's hard to call this 'false advertising'. Aliens Colonial Marines was false advertising if you're being very generous, with the product they advertised being completely different to the one that people got. Even Halo 5 wasn't anywhere near as bad, 343 and Microsoft might be so deluded to think that its campaign was epic, it most certainly wasn't in mine and many others' opinion, but it was at least functional and looked as good as it was shown in E3 trailers. Nintendo are saying you get a choice, and that's exactly what you get, just the choice is made for you so to speak when you buy a particular version of the game. Not getting the option of choosing à la Corrin's reveal trailer in Smash isn't anything to get worked up about at all.

Shinion

Shinion

@Ralizah: OK then you've gone out of your way to accuse me in a conversation I was not a part of. You mind backing up those allegations? I'm 100% sure that I've never name called anyone on this issue (including yourself) just backed up my opinion that you're getting worked up over nothing. If you can't, I'm gonna have to report that comment I'm afraid.

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

@TheLastLugia: I disagree, the whole focus of Halo 5's campaign advertising was on Master Chief vs. Spartan Locke and the questions surrounding whether Master Chief had turned evil. None of that was really present ingame outside of a few small encounters with Blue Team escaping. So I would say false advertising is a suitable term for that game but maybe it wouldn't have been if more time was given as the campaign definitely felt rushed. But that's a problem which plagues modern gaming in general, do you delay yet again but make a complete great experience or do you rush it to make sure it comes out by a certain time? Star Fox Zero and Zelda U are both victims of the former of which even 2016 can be debatable.

For FE Fates, I still feel the only edition in which the advertising isn't false is the special edition.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Shinion

@Ralizah: You're really only proving my point here with your attitude. I've conversed with two others like you, and you don't make me sympathise with your plight. Why take everything so personally? :/

@Grumblevolcano: I think you're being harsh there. Though yes they definitely aren't being honest, but when were videogame companies ever honest?

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Ralizah

@TheLastLugia: Just to let you know, I deleted my last few posts. You know, so people know you haven't just been talking to yourself. I made a decision: I'm done talking about or responding to people on this issue.

I'm really shocked this game doesn't even have a European release date yet.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Shinion

@Ralizah: again I'll say that the majority of people who have 'mocked' or 'insulted' you are probably more tired of this issue than yourself, as they couldn't care less about the thing in the first place, speaking for myself, I can't wait for the game to come out and for people to get over this. Your side isn't perfect either, the latest thread had someone being told to 'eff off at what was not an incredibly insulting comment, and this is the second time I have been bad-mouthed over this, and again for the second time without proof of malice on my part. People in glass houses shouldn't throw bricks so to speak.
I wasn't involved in this conversation so I don't know what was said to whom, I'll always be against the people throwing insults, but again from what I've seen, people have been quick to throw out words like 'self-censorship apologists', 'trolls' and 'fanboys' at others who don't share that opinion. For that as I said, I'm very content with where I am, I don't want to be associated with that kind of noise.

If you're so tired of this, maybe don't bring people into arguments and try to start ones in other places (I saw your comment in the PS4 thread). It seems like the opposite when you do things like that.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Ralizah

@TheLastLugia: Like I just said, I'm done talking about this issue. I've deleted my posts. Just to let you know.

jump

Ralizah wrote:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525009

For anyone curious about the lack of dual audio, something like this might be to blame. Nintendo of America probably had their hands tied.

The thing is thought alot of the examples given weren't in this situation of a product that was going to be released intentionally from the ground up, they were of niche anime/games designed for a Japanese audience that later get's picked up a western publisher which shouldn't apply to a global company that knows it's products will be released played overseas.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@TheLastLugia: Yeah I agree. You do have a choice on what side to choose from. My only issue is that people take stories very seriously....I mean yeah I do agree that stories are needed for RPG's but since when were stories so relevant for Nintendo games? I can't think of many Nintendo games that have a well written story and when they have stories, they are incorporated along with the gameplay and honestly, even if Fates ends up having a cliche story, I'm fine with it as long as the rest of the gameplay is great.

As for companies being honest....I guess that honesty comes from loyalty. When you think about it, very rarely Nintendo has made games that are unfinished or are just not fun to play for the majority of the times. People rant that Nintendo didn't do so much last year and yet Splatoon ended up being the best new IP that Nintendo has ever made.

But I do agree that companies need to understand that they can't simply ignore their communities that they have though as that could ruin them big time.

Ralizah

@arronishere: I don't think this game was designed with the intention of appealing to the international market. If it was, I doubt it would have had things like petting and the bathhouse in the first place. Nintendo sometimes includes the Japanese audio track as a concession to the minority of people who care about it, but I doubt this being include-able in an international release was a priority to them.

Socar

I'm always scared that Fire Emblem just can't sell well like Mario or even Metroid that I wonder if Fates or the next Fire Emblem game could very well be the last Fire Emblem game to ever happen. Its scary that Awakening would have been the last in the series had it not sold so well in the first place.

Ralizah

@Socar: I'm pretty sure Fates has already sold very well in Japan. The worst possible outcome would be Nintendo not localizing future titles, which probably depends on how well Fates sells in the West.

Edited on by Ralizah

jump

Socar wrote:

I'm always scared that Fire Emblem just can't sell well like Mario or even Metroid that I wonder if Fates or the next Fire Emblem game could very well be the last Fire Emblem game to ever happen. Its scary that Awakening would have been the last in the series had it not sold so well in the first place.

Fire Emblem has never sold as well as Mario, stop looking for reasons to get your knickers in a twist.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Grumblevolcano

Ralizah wrote:

@TheLastLugia: Just to let you know, I deleted my last few posts. You know, so people know you haven't just been talking to yourself. I made a decision: I'm done talking about or responding to people on this issue.

I'm really shocked this game doesn't even have a European release date yet.

It really bugs me and that's where a lot of my Nintendo Direct prediction dates come from. The thought that a Direct would've been in January to confirm the release date of Fates in EU for sometime close to NA. Then came the thought it would come this week for the same reason in addition to some surprise Smash news but my biggest prediction was for next week for the same reasons as for January but also the fact that week had a Direct in 2013 and 2014 with those 2 years being the most recent years with the previous year (2012 and 2013) having a December Direct.

Grumblevolcano

jump

Ralizah wrote:

@arronishere: I don't think this game was designed with the intention of appealing to the international market. If it was, I doubt it would have had things like petting and the bathhouse in the first place. Nintendo sometimes includes the Japanese audio track as a concession to the minority of people who care about it, but I doubt this being include-able in an international release was a priority to them.

They knew it was gonna be released in the West when they started developing it and even highlighted the Awkening's success in the West as a reason the series is continuing, i f it was due to contract issues meaning Japanese audio is not included then Nintendo are incredibly disorganized.

My money is on they just couldn't be bothered/didn't think it's worth it.

Nicolai wrote:

Iggly

Looks like Nintendo of Canada is hosting a Pre-Launch Event next Friday for those who live in Toronto, it looks pretty neat since you'll be able to try out the game and the first 1000 people will get a free t-shirt related to the game. I'm gonna go there myself so if one of you guys do plan on going there, feel free to say hi to me and I'll probably wear something that'll make me stand out in the crowd like an Ash hat or Nintendo related clothing lol. Full details are over here

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.