Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 2,517

Operationgamer17

Apparently, a live stream by Polygon confirmed that the petting minigame only had the interactive elements taken out. The dialogue and stuff is still in.

Operationgamer17

Ralizah

So apparently the game is lacking dual audio as well. No Japanese track. Doesn't really bother me, but I know some people who will be incredibly annoyed by this.

@Operationgamer17: Yeah, they skip to the end, which probably removes the dialogue and voicework during the interactive bits as well. I wonder if the bathhouse is also censored?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Sisilly_G

Ralizah wrote:

So apparently the game is lacking dual audio as well. No Japanese track. Doesn't really bother me, but I know some people who will be incredibly annoyed by this.

Damn them if this is true. Just… damn them.

I was going to buy ALL THREE VERSIONS (standalone Birthright, standalone Conquest and the Special Edition), but now I'm tempted to just leave this in the dirt. I absolutely hate the awful English dialogue and it was so nice to be able to play Awakening with the Japanese dialogue and battle cries intact. I hope that the European version will have the option (as that's the version that we'll be receiving in Australia).

They're on real thin ice with me…

They're already charging an arm and a leg for this release, hacking and slashing content from the Japanese version right, left and centre and now they're giving us even LESS than what was offered in Awakening?

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

KO-Cub

It's not inherently gone. It's just changed. For content that shouldn't have been there in the first place. People are accepting and are happy with this.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Gridatttack

@sillygostly: Less than awakening? lol, Fates is shaping up to have more content than awakening ever had.

If you want Japanese audio so bad, you can always wait for the undub version mod that will likely follow (which you can legally play via the homebrew launcher as you only download the new files, and play it with your cartridge)

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Sisilly_G

Gridatttack wrote:

@sillygostly: Less than awakening? lol, Fates is shaping up to have more content than awakening ever had.

Not if you only buy one of the three storylines.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Starburst

That moment when you pre purchase both before reading about the discount..lol

Whats poppin

Switch Friend Code: SW-5982-6570-5215 | 3DS Friend Code: 3583-5718-9476 | My Nintendo: Neko | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

kkslider5552000

sillygostly is literally the first person to complain about this game that hasn't been infuriating

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sisilly_G

I couldn't tell if that was sarcasm… (I'm a tad oblivious when it comes to social cues), but I'm not necessarily complaining about the game per se. I'm glad we're getting what is essentially three Fire Emblem games (and that they will all be compatible with the upcoming [albeit overpriced] DLC packs). I just hate the way that the localisation is being handled and the fact that people are actually trying to justify the blatant removal of content (or in the case of my last post, the omission of content). It feels ridiculous to me that virtually every game that is translated into English features American accents (especially accents that do not match the setting and context of the game). There are exceptions, sure, but they are in the extreme minority.

I've already talked about the hypocrisies of contemporary censorship in some detail and I don't want to get into it again. I've wasted enough time ranting about a bloody game when there are far greater problems in the world.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

Socar

I got a question about the game.

When Nintendo said that you decide sides, how does that affect gameplay when you buy either one of the games? Like do I get to go to conquest content if I get Birthright or something? That alone makes me wonder. Oh and please for my hype sake, please make it spoiler-free.

Also, is it fine that I can get conquest first and then get Birthright? I like the characters from Conquest a bit better than Birthright.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Sisilly_G

You don't get a choice unless you have the DLC for any of the other storylines or if you own the special edition with all 3 storylines on the same cartridge. If you buy Birthright, you can buy Conquest as separate DLC and vice versa. If you have no DLC, you have no choice. The storyline continues as normal.

If you have any of the other storylines, you get to choose a side from Chapter 6. The first 6 chapters are identical in all 3 storylines (Birthright, Conquest and Revelation).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

TeeJay

@Socar: Birthright is actually easier than Conquest, with straightforward objectives and more opportunities to grind. Conquest is harder in general. I like how the Conquest characters look more than the Birthright ones too, but I'm personally going to play Birthright first, since it's been a while since I played Awakening.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

KO-Cub

I agree n localization to some proportions. A lot of uncalled for stuff over the recent years.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

TeeJay

Even though I would hardly have usrd it, the petting thing shouldn't have been removed IMO.

No Japanese voices doesn't bother me in the least. I have no interest in playing the game in a language I don't understand.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Grumblevolcano

@TeeJay: I think the choice should have been given between the petting way and the replacement that's been put in. I hate the fact that to have enjoyable Gen 6 Pokemon matches online you have to play that stupid football minigame (Super Training) to get good stats.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

sillygostly wrote:

I couldn't tell if that was sarcasm…

It wasn't. Literally everyone else has been such obnoxious losers that it has made me consistently defend a series I don't like much and changes I disagree with (or at least feel are mostly a waste of time by the localization team). If I didn't know better, I would think this has been an elaborate plan by people pretending to be Fire Emblem fans in order to convince me to be pro-censorship.

Of course conveniently the people who actually appreciate the changes are too busy being butthurt about SMTXFE. They've only been less annoying because most people don't care about the game, and also because it means defending a game I'm actively looking forward to.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Socar

@sillygostly: Ok so let me get this straight, I need to get both the games in order for that choice to happen?

Ok so what happens if I bought Conquest and Birthright physically instead of one being physical and the other being digital? That also works or that doesn't work at all but the fact that you have to buy either one as DLC?

Grumblevolcano

@Socar: You need both games with 1 physical and 1 digital to be able to make a choice (either that or there's all 3 choices and picking one of the other options takes you to the eshop to buy the other path). Physical copy of Birthright + physical copy of Conquest acts as if you only own 1. The only alternative is the special edition.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Socar

@Grumblevolcano: But wait....if that's the case, then what is the problem that Fates has?

If you buy one game, you get a campaign worth of about 30-40 hours. If you want more content, you'd buy the other one as DLC.....which is cheaper than buying the physical one and you get your moneys worth.

Really, whats the problem here? Story suspense? Really? We're talking about Nintendo here not Square Enix. When oh when does Nintendo ever give a damn about the story with few exceptions and even those exceptions have a great sense of gameplay.

jump

Socar wrote:

But wait....if that's the case, then what is the problem that Fates has?

If you buy one game, you get a campaign worth of about 30-40 hours. If you want more content, you'd buy the other one as DLC.....which is cheaper than buying the physical one and you get your moneys worth.

Really, whats the problem here? Story suspense? Really? We're talking about Nintendo here not Square Enix. When oh when does Nintendo ever give a damn about the story with few exceptions and even those exceptions have a great sense of gameplay.

Have you forgotten the question you were asking?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.