Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Posts 761 to 780 of 875

Noboty

This is my first EO game. Never heard of them before this one, and wasn't planning on buying it, especially since it was $40. However, upon hearing until I heard how it was made more accessible than previous installations and not being too interested in any other eshop games, I decided to snap it up.

Noboty

3DS Friend Code: 2793-1469-2823

Spoony_Tech

@Noboty Let us know what you think of it or if you need help.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Noboty

OldMan-Tech wrote:

@Noboty Let us know what you think of it or if you need help.

I am still enjoying it like I did the demo. More than I expected to, really. I especial didn't expect to enjoy charting maps so much. It seemed like it would be so boring when I was checking the game out.

On an unrelated note, I hate Kangaroos.

On another unrelated note, wow, there are a lot of QR Codes to be had. Kind of cool, really.

Edited on by Noboty

Noboty

3DS Friend Code: 2793-1469-2823

MERG

Apparently I COMPLETELY suck at this game. I am leveled up to 70 across the board and STILL can't beat the @#$%@#$% Heavenbringer!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

Lol MERG! If it makes you feel any better I have to go up against it again and failed it like 5 times now. Of course I've already beat it

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

I appreciate you trying but, no, that doesn't make me feel better. I feel like there is no way for me to beat it. I have tried WAY more than 5x. I do well and can get it to the Bare Essence form but then I don't take that out fast enough and it reforms. And I end up running out of TP!

I've done to well with this game to get screwed by this!!!!

Spoony_Tech

It sounds like its time to refigure your sub classes. The ones I had do the most damage were sniper, ruinmaster, and imperial. If you sub ruinmaster and imperial and build up the right skills you can do some major damage with each. Also use a arcanist to lower its elemental defenses for some major damage. Funny thing is I've yet to do most of what I just said and I keep trying to do it with what I have and its not been working. Don't give up just change your stratagy again. Last person you will need is a healer for sure and use the burst skills wisely. If you need to use the one that brings every one back to life and full hit points. Hope that helps!

MERG said:

MERG

It does help...thanks. Maybe I'm not using the right burst skills.

My party is: front line - L/A, N/D, S/A and back line is F/A and M/R

Spoony_Tech

Ok so i applied some of my strategy from up above and brought down the Heavenbringer down first try without runing out of tp for my heavy hitters. It works MERG and was a bit easier then the first time i beat her!

MERG said:

MERG

What is your party...front line and back?

Spoony_Tech

Front Imperial and Fortress
Back Medic Ruinmaster Sniper

I used my Imperial to lower its elemental defense but you might want to swap out either your fortress or sniper for a arcanist. What you should do is reissue your skills to concentrate only on the skills you will use plus beef up the strength and element damage of those skills as well.

MERG said:

MERG

Ugh...I have a runemaster as a sub to my medic.. I don't have it in me to create a brand new "main" character class (imperial). And at this point I don't have the funds to buy an imperial class weapon. If I reset my characters and level back up to 70, can I reset them again if my party doesn't work?

What are your sub classes?

Spoony_Tech

You can reset them as many times as you need. Plus you do have an Imperial remember. Whirlwind or whatever his name is now. I actually sub my medic as a Ruinmaster and leveled up her lightning magic I used volt ruin i believe to raise my defense but more importantly lower the Heavenbringers. Then i use the single attack lightning of the Ruinmaster to save on the tp. Make sure you level that up all the way and make that person sub imperial and further boost his or her lightning attack. Also if you have your imperial sub Ruinmaster you can use his elemental lightning attack which can hit for over 4000 hit points. GOOD LUCK!! YOU'LL NEED IT!!

MERG said:

MERG

@#$!@#$@#$...I forgot about Whirlwind!

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it goes.

MERG

Okay...this is really pathetic. Maybe I'm just mentally worn out.

Right now my front line is L/A, F,I and my back line is S/A, N/D and M/R. I stupidly sold my best bow to get the best drive blade and now need to go scrounging for money.

Is the best way to take down this dang titan to take out the arms and then bring her down or just focus on her head?

Spoony_Tech

I just focused on the head for the most part. If you're not getting damage of up to 3500 at times and no less then a 1000 from at least two people then you still not doing something right.

MERG said:

MERG

This is my first time using an Imperial so I need to get used to that. Who in your party did the most damage?

Spoony_Tech

My imperial did. At times over 3500 but you need to use him a bit because he needs to cool down. If you boost his ignition all the way after over heating 2 times you can cool him down for 3 turns and you it 3 times in a row. Also my ruinmaster did quite a bit of damage. Like I said I boosted up his storm ruin and all his ruin damge increases. He can also hit really hard for less tp. I also used volt ruin from a sub of my medic to lower his volt resistance. If you can save your big hit for just when the change to the titan happens. Thats when you really want to unleash!

MERG said:

MERG

Ugh...I guess I need to rest again. Question...do attacks from a particular class strike harder than a particular subclass (meaning...would a R/M have stronger runes skills than a M/R? I did see that I didn't max out storm rune.

And I can't seem to get into a rhythm with the drive blade.

Spoony_Tech

Yeah I believe there is a difference. Better to go with the main class and sub for boosted stats.

MERG said:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.