Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 681 to 700 of 923

roy130390

DefHalan wrote:

Big Wall of text telling me how Metroid is doomed. Don't need to read that for the millionth time.

If people aren't buying Metroid games then Metroid games won't be made. I waited 10 years since the last Star Fox game (a series I hold with the greats: Doom, Pokemon, Zelda) if you want to find out how that feels, then ignore the games. Ignore Federation Force. However, if you want the series to continue, if you want Metroid to be a more frequent release than Star Fox or F-Zero, then support it. Buy the games but make sure to give your feedback. Complaining about a game that hasn't released because it does look like it plays like others in the series will lead to Metroid being shelved. You aren't fighting for the classic gameplay, you are only fighting against the mew game in a series.

You can read into small phrases for "evidence" of your series being "destroyed" but what will ultimately decide the future of a series is sales numbers. Just because a spin-off sells well does not mean that is all they will make from then on, and I think Nintendo has proven that with the number of spin-offs they do and yet still return to the core of the series.

This. I don't know about others, but I'm gonna give Federation Force a chance. These conspiracy theories about Nintendo not wanting money and wanting to destroy every franchise are getting ridiculous. Many games change for the best, others don't,. The truth is, as much as I love, really love Metroid (Super Metroid is my favourite game of all time) the sales of the games weren't as successful as they deserved, so now they are trying new approaches. Other than the dumb selection of the chibi style, I haven't seen any good reason to criticize the game.

It's a shame that people can't take off the nostalgia glasses and give games a fair chance when they transform into something different. I honestly think that most of the gaming community is getting bitter day by day and hating games for the sake of hating. It doesn't matter to me if others consider that I have bad taste in games, low standards or whatever, I'll keep on enjoying games while they write walls of text of why people like me are idiots just because we still find joy instead of living in the past and hating new games because according to them they aren't as good as they were.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Pokefanmum82

i have this game preordered. I don't have the same rose colored view of this game because while I've played past Metroid games, I'm not a big fangirl of the franchise. And even if I was I'd still give this game a chance because I believe in basing my like or dislike of a game on playing said game and not liking it or liking it. I've always been this way. I'm a big Pokemon fan and the only games I ever missed of those was Leaf Green/FireRed and Ruby/Sapphire but that's only because I never got a GBA and only really starting playing Pokemon again once I got a DS Lite and started from there. Honestly if the game didn't have Metroid in the title I honestly don't think people would hate it as much.

Anyways I can't wait to give this game a try and worst comes to worst & I don't like it, I'll either give it to my son or trade it in for something else.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

shaneoh

Yellowkoopa wrote:

Splatoon not having voice chat. Shows that Nintendo couldn't be more out of touch with the fan base.

Yeah, Splatoon doesn't need voice chat. I'm not spending a third of the match time blocking the obnoxious, mentally deficient fools blasting music/profanities over the mic. I also don't see it being a very constructive tool considering the matches are a bare handful of minutes. So no, they aren't out of touch with the fan base.

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

I believe in basing my like or dislike of a game on playing said game and not liking it or liking it.

Evidently you're a reasonable human being

Bolt_Strike wrote:

The problem is that the only feedback we can really give is sales, ever since Club Nintendo went away there's been no real outlet for these kinds of complaints. So that creates a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. Either you support Federation Force which encourages them to make more of them, or you ignore it and let Metroid die. There's no real way to tell them we want a Metroid game that focuses on exploration.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Shinion

I played two Overwatch matches with voice chat on, the first had someone singing very obnoxiously and the second had someone swearing because of course it did. Then there's a rather large thread on Neogaf discussing how no one uses voice chat anymore, specifically relating to a team-based shooter like Overwatch.

But sure Nintendo are out of touch. Clearly.

Shinion

DefHalan

TheLastLugia wrote:

I played two Overwatch matches with voice chat on, the first had someone singing very obnoxiously and the second had someone swearing because of course it did. Then there's a rather large thread on Neogaf discussing how no one uses voice chat anymore, specifically relating to a team-based shooter like Overwatch.

But sure Nintendo are out of touch. Clearly.

This is why we need a system wide party chat, not specific game voice chat lol, but on the 3DS it might be even less needed.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Shinion

@DefHalan yea having the ability to talk with friends whilst playing any game is great, no question. But complaining that Nintendo's decision to not implement a voice-chat feature specific to Splatoon is not a claim I can believe is coming from someone who is genuinely just thinking about improving the game. Because voice chat does not improve games. At all. If you think it's anything like Ubisoft's 'mic-trick' (watch their E3 conference this year) you're delusional is all I can say.

But yeah this wasn't really worth this discussion even just after Splatoon cam out and it certainly ain't worth it now in a Federation Force thread. A non-issue.

Shinion

TuVictus

Ah, the usual "I don't use voice chat so it's awful for everyone". Classic.

I think being super negative all the time is just as annoying as feeling the need to defend absolutely everything Nintendo does.

But this is about Federation Force, which looks lukewarm at best. That's all there is to it. It won't be amazing, or terrible. It'll be Triforce Heroes. Slightly more annoying because its the first Metroid game we get in ages, but whatevs.

TuVictus

Shinion

@Operative I suppose you're referring to me, yet in the two comments I posted I referred to not just Splatoon but Ubisoft games and Overwatch (a Blizzard game) to back up my argument. One misrepresents all the time what voice chat is really like, whilst the latter proved (at least for me any many others in the now 600 post thread on Neogaf) that it still sucks. So games from two companies that are not Nintendo. Errrr...

But of course all your comment contains is sideswipes and thinly veiled digs at me because you're just obsessed with your hatred of me at this point. But next time at least have the balls to call me a 'fanboy' directly if that's what you truly think, at least then you'll earn a minuscule amount of respect from me that you're not just a coward.

And yeah go play Overwatch, it's an absolutely sensational game (like Splatoon) that does not need voice chat to be fun (like Splatoon) but come back and tell me how long it takes for someone to swear at you for your choice of character to play as, I'm sure you'll still be supportive of voice chat after the fact, it's only twee Nintendo that don't have a clue how the world works and I'm sure Ubisoft's use of professional voice actors in their E3 presentation will be 100% accurate

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

TuVictus

@TheLastLugia Haha, it wasn't supposed to be "thinly veiled". That was directed right at you, except I try to be more civil than just name calling, something you clearly can't get a handle of. I try to be civil, but you are in a perpetual state of anger it seems. Nearly every single post from you is attacking this shady group of non specific people that would have the gall to dare insult your precious Nintendo. And it's pretty sad, really, because it seems like you're capable of mature discussion, but instead you're just obsessed with being upset all the time about people that criticize Nintendo. Which is a shame. Instead you've chosen to take everything personally and then insult the people that disagree with you.

And I'd hardly call my hatred of you "obsessed". I can't hate you. I don't care enough about you to hate you. But I definitely do not like you, because everything you post is so combative. It is not conducive to the forum overall and just makes this place a tiny bit worse to be around whenever you post one of your angry rants. That's the honest truth. If anything I'd say you're more obsessed with fighting with anyone that is upset about the current state of Nintendo. And you are right, Splatoon doesn't NEED voice chat, but to not have it as an option at all is silly, but to treat people that want it the way you do. It's just mean.

And maybe random voice chat isn't for the best, because if Nintendo fans tend to be like you, needlessly angry and taking everything so personally, then I definitely do not want them to implement random people voice chat

TuVictus

Shinion

Operative wrote:

@TheLastLugia Haha, it wasn't supposed to be "thinly veiled". That was directed right at you except I try to be more civil than http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1227343 name calling, something you clearly can't get a handle of. I try to be civil, but you are in a perpetual state of anger it seems. Nearly every single post from you is attacking this shady group of non specific people that would have the gall to dare insult your precious Nintendo. And it's pretty sad, really, because it seems like you're capable of mature discussion, but instead you're just obsessed with being upset all the time about people that criticize Nintendo. Which is a shame. Instead you've chosen to take everything personally and then insult the people that disagree with you.

And I'd hardly call my hatred of you "obsessed". I can't hate you. I don't care enough about you to hate you. But I definitely do not like you, because everything you post is so combative. It is not conducive to the forum overall and just makes this place a tiny bit worse to be around whenever you post one of your angry rants. That's the honest truth. If anything I'd say you're more obsessed with fighting with anyone that is upset about the current state of Nintendo. And you are right, Splatoon doesn't NEED voice chat, but to not have it as an option at all is silly, but to treat people that want it the way you do. It's just mean.

And maybe random voice chat isn't for the best, because if Nintendo fans tend to be like you, needlessly angry and taking everything so personally, then I definitely do not want them to implement random people voice chat

So there it is, admission. You admit you threw the first stone just because I expressed my opinion. See that mods? I'm sure you can take this admission seriously. Not even needing to go through the rest of this rant (in which I'm ironically accused of being the one ranting) to find anything else, as admission is right there on the first line.

Oh and as for conductive behavoir on forums? I'd find slinging accusations, digs and generally attacking people just for expressing their opinion because you hold an unhealthy grudge against them to be the most harmful thing to that conductive behavoir. But at least you've admitted your guilt plainly so action can be take and the rest of us can move on from this. So well done, you've impressed me there at least.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Bolt_Strike

Socar wrote:

Man, so much negativity here for this game.... I'm not getting it unless I know that it will have something like Uprising which has a decent chunk of single player. But from what I watched, the game isn't bad or horrible. The only thing that jarring is in the visual department but really...its not saying much since the game looks nice.

From all the impressions I've watched, most of them are saying that the game is decent and it looks like its decent. So I doubt that the actual game is horrible at all.

You guys need to quit bickering that the game is bad because it sure as hell doesn't look bad at all. The worst case scenario would be that this game will end up like Triforce Heroes being forced to play on multiplayer than single player.

The problem is that what the main series offers is something that this gen's lineup desperately needs, and that's a sense of exploration. Nintendo's been shying away from large, exploration based games this generation, with the only ones being Xenoblade and Zelda. Mario has gone fully in the direction of linear platforming, and there's no collectathon platformer at all on Nintendo's lineup (and none altogether on the entire console until Yooka-Laylee comes out). Pokemon has become increasingly linear as well in an attempt to pander to casuals (although Sun/Moon might change that, but it's too early to say). And now with Metroid they'd rather give us a combat and RPG focused spinoff instead of the classic, exploration based gameplay. Now is simply a bad time for a spinoff, we need classic 2D gameplay and/or Prime gameplay more than we need anything new right now.

Socar wrote:

First of all, an IP needs to expand further if it needs to exist. If the IP can't expand, then the IP is better off being dead. FE could be on a long hiatus if IS/Nintendo can't come up with something. F-Zero is probably as good as dead. Its a racing game but its good to have spin offs to expand the IP further.

It works for Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, Mii and Kirby. So why not Metroid, F-Zero, Kid Icarus and many other dormant IP?

If Nintendo can't expand the IP further, then the IP is doomed to begin with. That's what happened to Chibi Robo. Nintendo knew that if they simply milk the same thing over again, there's no point in Chibi Robo at all.

You don't need to do that with spinoffs, you can do that with the main gameplay as well. Look at what 3D has done for several IPs. Hell, look at Metroid. We have an entirely new way to play Metroid because of 3D. They can expand that way instead of coming up with spinoffs that throw everything that people liked about the gameplay out the window. The Gamepad could've been used for several things in fact, it's a shame that they dragged their feet (and still are) on Prime 4 to the point where we won't see it on Wii U.

Socar wrote:

And don't give me that "Oh Mario's being milked with the same thing!" First of all, the level designs are always fresh and creative in millions of ways. Second, new powerups and lastly, its a platformer series. Sure, the 2D ones aren't doing well recently, but with Super Mario Maker out there, its bound to do even better next gen.

Creating new levels and powerups doesn't make it not a milked series, because they still shamelessly recycle gamplay mechanics and other series conventions over and over. And no, it's not just the 2D games, the 3D games are doing it too with 3D Land and 3D World.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

TuVictus

@TheLastLugia Again, you prove your immaturity. Haha, have a good day. See you the next time you write up an unnecessarily angry rant and then cry about being the victim when someone calls you out on it.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Shinion

@Operative I reported you by the way, thought you ought to know. But you probably already knew that since you posted a comment slyly attacking me, confirmed it to be intentionally offensive and aimed solely at me and now are not denying it. I'm sure the mods will find this to be a pretty open-and-shut case really. There's even the chance we may not see each other again if suitable action is taken against you. Good luck, I think you'll be needing it.

But my gosh this thread has de-railed, not that Federarion Force has had much cause for debate recently though anyway. I'll leave you all to it because I'm not even really interested in the game, certainly not to buy day 1. Got Doom on PS4 to play for now anyway.

Nintendo fanboy signing out for the day!

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

TuVictus

@TheLastLugia I say defending Nintendo for everything is just as annoying as hating them for everything.

You call me a coward, insulting me numerous times.

You think I insulted you first. Haha. You truly are an interesting character. Yeah, I'm not going anywhere. And neither are you, because I'm not petty enough to report you just because I don't like you.

Anyway, federation force looks decent at best so far.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Socar

Bolt_Strike wrote:

You don't need to do that with spinoffs, you can do that with the main gameplay as well. Look at what 3D has done for several IPs. Hell, look at Metroid. We have an entirely new way to play Metroid because of 3D. They can expand that way instead of coming up with spinoffs that throw everything that people liked about the gameplay out the window. The Gamepad could've been used for several things in fact, it's a shame that they dragged their feet (and still are) on Prime 4 to the point where we won't see it on Wii U.

Umm...I hate to break your bubbles, but Metroid Prime is a complete spinoff series of its own. It has the title Metroid Prime to prove it. The real series is called Metroid. Just like how Super Mario RPG is a spin off, Prime is more of it as well.

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Creating new levels and powerups doesn't make it not a milked series, because they still shamelessly recycle gamplay mechanics and other series conventions over and over. And no, it's not just the 2D games, the 3D games are doing it too with 3D Land and 3D World.

Oh so its ok to rehash mechanics in Prime and Pokemon but its not ok to rehash mechanics on a platformer series?

3D World may be similar to 3D Land but it adds more features and powerups. That alone helps to make it fresh.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Socar I don't think spinoff is the right term as unlike spinoffs, the 4 main Prime games (1, Hunters, 2, 3) actually add to the main canon story.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Socar

@Grumblevolcano I can say that Kid Icarus Uprising is more of a spinoff game than focusing on the real games which have actual platforming to do. Yet people won't agree that its a spinoff because the IP itself was dormant until Uprising. Had the IP being used more often, Uprising would have been considered a spinoff title.

Then there's Zelda...I can tell that many games where people claim them to be the actual games are more of the spin offs than the actual games.

Majora's Mask is a spinoff. Sure, it takes place after/during the events of Ocarina of time, but it does its own thing unlike any other Zelda game I've known.

Socar

I find the term spinoff quite laughable. According to this definition here...(here's source. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spin-off)

A book or series based off another series.

Since gaming is another source of entertainment media, it should be the same here. Prime series is its own series because it does it own thing.

To further elaborate....A series character getting their own series after the first series is completed

Metroid series is done after Fusion. We haven't gotten a brand new 2D Metroid game since and since Prime was released after Fusion, Prime is a spinoff of the Metroid series overall.

The formulas may be similar but they play differently. The level of atmosphere in the 2D ones are not the same as the ones on 3D as they control and play very differently.

DefHalan

I still find it funny people are still complaining about this and saying it isn't a real Metroid. Looks great fun to me and just be glad your series isn't completely gone like Star Fox was for so long.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Socar

Yeah...it really doesn't look like a horrible game to be honest.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.