Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 701 to 720 of 923

TuVictus

Nah not at all. At worst it looks rather uninspired and slow, but honestly I'd prefer that to a downright bad game. Which I doubt it will be. I still want another 2D or Prime Metroid game that focuses on Single player, but this will do for now. I'm just hoping there's more to it than we've seen so far. Which, knowing Nintendo, there probably is.

TuVictus

gcunit

@TheLastLugia @Operative

Come on kids, I hardly see cause to report each other here. It's not abuse to say you don't like someone.

However, it's unnecessary, and completely indulgent for you to derail the topic in your spat, so either learn to get along or stop posting.

And please remember, if you think someone is abusing you etc. DO NOT REPLY TO THEM.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Shinion

@gcunit I regret it when things like this happen, truly I do, but I was slyly called a name by someone who has done so before to me for simply expressing my opinion, I wasn't going to sit back and let that slide. I called them out for it and it resulted in well, what you saw, a rant that I didn't contribute 80% of the text to despite being accused of ranting. I have learned not to go down that avenue in future because of this, they spoiled it clearly, but I don't think I was wrong for not accepting that sly comment.

However moving on from just this quarrel and this person in general I have to say this site is poorly reflected too in my opinion. You need a way for people to block others, it's as simple as that. Most websites have this feature, particularly on forums, it makes fallouts like this far less frequent and even provides a solution if it does happen. Now I know the 'correct' thing to do would be to e-mail you about this privately but I was told several months ago that this feature was coming, since then a major restructuring of the site has happened without this feature, and since then I did e-mail you about this feature, and have yet to receive even confirmation that anyone read it. So I'm going to put it out in the open here, I'm let down by your site as a result of this and would really appreciate an answer as to when this feature will be added. No more half-answers or ignoring of e-mails please, I would like better than that after this debacle.

If I can't express my opinion on a video game forum that voice chat implementation in most games is garbage without being slyly called a 'fanboy' by someone who has repeatedly done so and have no course of action available to me to ensure this does not repeat then how good is this site really? My thoughts are it's quite lacking. Quite a lot.

Now again I'm sorry for having a true rant there and derailing even more but I was disappointed when my e-mailed was ignored and after this I really do expect answers. You yourself might not be in a position to give them but I want my experience to be out here for people to see, or at least one of the people in charge of this site to see it as the site needs to improve. It's downright sad to me that the only course of action even at this point is just 'make-up and try to ignore each other in the future please!' because I have ignored this person, being quite certain of their disliking of me months ago. But as you've seen here, simply ignoring them isn't enough anymore, not when the other person seems to have it out for you, and making up should be beyond obviously not an option. It's clear that that ship has sailed here, and when people are slyly and indirectly insulting you that is the prefect time to hit the 'block' button as I would've done if it was there. But it ain't. That for me is the number 1 problem.

There needs to be a blocking feature. Saying to people that we need to kiss and make up all the time stops being said to you when you reach puberty most of the time. It can still happen, but a lot of the time it just is patronising to even suggest it. This is one of those times, and I think this feature is way past due for implementation. It shouldn't be hard to do and it solves the problem almost perfectly with very, very few negative side-effects.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to what I hope (read expect) is a quick response.

(PS it's not like this was an active and healthy thread anyway, the game's not out for months and barley anyone is excited for it so there's few other threads that could've been better in my opinion.)

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Bolt_Strike

Socar wrote:

Umm...I hate to break your bubbles, but Metroid Prime is a complete spinoff series of its own. It has the title Metroid Prime to prove it. The real series is called Metroid. Just like how Super Mario RPG is a spin off, Prime is more of it as well.

Prime isn't a spinoff, because it keeps the core gameplay of Prime. You explore levels, go through moves, look for new abilities, and so on just like the 2D games. A spinoff takes an existing universe and applies it to a different genre or mechanics. It'd be more accurate to call the Prime games a second branch of the series. It still follows Metroid's gameplay mechanics, but the 3D levels give it a slightly different feel to it.

Socar wrote:

Oh so its ok to rehash mechanics in Prime and Pokemon but its not ok to rehash mechanics on a platformer series?

3D World may be similar to 3D Land but it adds more features and powerups. That alone helps to make it fresh.

3D World adding new level gimmicks and powerups doesn't compare to what's been done in games like the Mario collectathons, the Prime games, and even Pokemon. The level gimmicks and powerups are mainly contained in specific levels. Some of the things that the other games I've mentioned are changes that affect the entire game's mechanics, such as new moves and abilities, game wide gimmicks like FLUDD and the PED Suit, improvements to the gameplay formula and extra features like some of the things Pokemon's done (abilities, Mega Evolutions, the PSS). The newer games blatantly recycle everything and just add new levels and minor gimmicks, that's why the series feels milked. You don't see them doing anything about the level design, character abilities, the progression system, or anything like that.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

I return to this thre- reads the past few pages cya in 3 weeks everybody!

(When are people going to realize their love/hate for a game can only be justified by when it comes out and they play it?)

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

DefHalan

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I return to this thre- reads the past few pages cya in 3 weeks everybody!

(When are people going to realize their love/hate for a game can only be justified by when it comes out and they play it?)

but I have played it... at least the Blast Ball side of things lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Eel

Prime is actually more of a spin off series, the prime games bear no weight on the overall story of the main series (most of the time it's like they never happened at all). They took the concept and spun it around to create something new.

The only reason they're set in between 1 and 2 is really just that, because they could be set there without affecting anything else.

The big difference is that they became really popular and beloved by fans (probably even more so than the main series), so calling them spin offs may come off as "insulting" for some (like saying Prime is to Metroid what Crossbow Training is to Zelda), but it really shouldn't. It's a broad enough term.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

shaneoh

Bolt_Strike wrote:

and there's no collectathon platformer at all on Nintendo's lineup (and none altogether on the entire console until Yooka-Laylee comes out).

I'd say that the LEGO games are collectathons.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Socar

Meowpheel wrote:

Prime is actually more of a spin off series, the prime games bear no weight on the overall story of the main series (most of the time it's like they never happened at all). They took the concept and spun it around to create something new.

The only reason they're set in between 1 and 2 is really just that, because they could be set there without affecting anything else.

The big difference is that they became really popular and beloved by fans (probably even more so than the main series), so calling them spin offs may come off as "insulting" for some (like saying Prime is to Metroid what Crossbow Training is to Zelda), but it really shouldn't. It's a broad enough term.

Exactly. If I make a claim that Smash is a spin off, people will find it insulting that its an actual IP when in reality, its more of a crossover game.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

I think Prime started off as a spin off but did so well it became part of the main series. Prime is just a sub series now. It is a series within a series lol

Eel

I'd say it maybe was the other way around... It started as a new entry in the series that developed into its own spinoff series.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Bolt_Strike

Meowpheel wrote:

That doesn't really define a spinoff either. Look at Mario, that doesn't really have a story either, are you then going to consider every sequel a spinoff of the original? Heck, even Galaxy vs. Galaxy 2 disproves that notion, 2 is a clear sequel to 1, but its storyline has no impact on the Galaxy series at all, it actually sort of retcons it.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Socar

@Bolt_Strike Galaxy 2 is basically an expansion pack of Galaxy. So you're saying that finally making it as its own game becomes a spin off all of a sudden?

Again, I think you're wrong here. Generally, a sequel is a continuous work of an existing project. Prime has sequels so those are called sequels but the actual series itself is a spinoff overall.

Interms of Galaxy 1 & 2, 2 is a sequel to 1 without a doubt. But the Galaxy series as a whole is its own spin off series simply because it does things differently than the typical 64 one. Sunshine can be considered a spiritual sequel since it pretty much uses the elements from 64 but does it differently.

Even the levels that represent 64 in Galaxy are remade so its not like its exactly the same as the original ones from 64 isn't it?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Socar wrote:

@Bolt_Strike Galaxy 2 is basically an expansion pack of Galaxy. So you're saying that finally making it as its own game becomes a spin off all of a sudden?

No, what I'm saying is that it wasn't related storyline wise to the first Galaxy game despite being a sequel.

Socar wrote:

Again, I think you're wrong here. Generally, a sequel is a continuous work of an existing project. Prime has sequels so those are called sequels but the actual series itself is a spinoff overall.

What's considered a "continuous work" has a different meaning in video games because gameplay is more central to the identity of a video game than the plot.

Socar wrote:

Interms of Galaxy 1 & 2, 2 is a sequel to 1 without a doubt. But the Galaxy series as a whole is its own spin off series simply because it does things differently than the typical 64 one. Sunshine can be considered a spiritual sequel since it pretty much uses the elements from 64 but does it differently.

Even the levels that represent 64 in Galaxy are remade so its not like its exactly the same as the original ones from 64 isn't it?

This is such a ridiculous extreme, doing something differently doesn't automatically make it a spinoff. The Prime games did things differently from each other (2 had the light/dark world system, 3 had the motion controls and the PED Suit), and yet they're still numbered sequels in the same series. What matters is that they share the same core formula.

Bolt_Strike

KO-Cub

Why would Prime be a spin-off? Who says that?
It expanded the universe. It had solid gameplay. It had exploration. It had a proper story and lore, that stretched 3 games.
Now explain how Other M hasn't been mentioned as a spin-off, yet?
Castlevania SotN and further on is a spin-off then. Excuse me while I go bleach my eyes, thanks to this thread.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

DefHalan

@KO-Cub I think Prime is a spin-off mostly for being in the 1st Person perspective and having a 3D world, while the Metroid series is a side scroller perspective with a 2D world. Other M hasn't been mentioned because why would it be. People don't like Other M for the most part. (I haven't played Other M)

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan wrote:

@KO-Cub I think Prime is a spin-off mostly for being in the 1st Person perspective and having a 3D world, while the Metroid series is a side scroller perspective with a 2D world.

While we're at it, let's call the 3D Marios and the 3D Zeldas spinoffs too.

Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

@KO-Cub I think Prime is a spin-off mostly for being in the 1st Person perspective and having a 3D world, while the Metroid series is a side scroller perspective with a 2D world.

While you're at it, call Splatoon a Sunshine spinoff instead of a new IP

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

shaneoh

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Well aren't they?

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

DefHalan

I think people missed the earlier post where I mentioned Prime started as a spin-off but became a part of the main series lol

Sorry, this topic has been locked.