With over 30 full armour sets and plenty of other outfit items to hunt down, Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom takes the importance of what you're wearing to new heights for the series.
We've been busy tracking down as many full sets and separate pieces as we can in an effort to nab every available bit of clothing in the game and have put together a list of the locations of the very best armour and outfits we've come across so far to help ensure you're ready for every eventuality. All amiibo armour drops can also be found in the game this time — good news if you don't have any of Nintendo's NFC figures.
Before you check out our early picks for best gear towards the bottom of the page, we've also got a full list of all armour sets that we know of in the game so far. Let's take a look!
[Note: This guide is a work in progress so make sure to check back as we add images for every armour set and complete the list with any items we've missed thus far!]
Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom: Best Armour Sets - Full List
Below we have listed every armour set in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
(*****) indicates the armour we think is best to pick up early in the game.
Archaic Armour Set
The first set you'll likely come across can be found as you leave the opening Room of Awakening and in a few other spots in the Great Sky Island area that kicks off the game. Check out our guide to finding the lot right here.
Armour of Awakening Set
In order to get this iconic (and slightly bizarre) look on the go, you have two options!
Firstly, you can grab your Link's Awakening amiibo and give it a good old scan to add this set to your collection. It consists of:
- Mask of Awakening
- Tunic of Awakening
- Trousers of Awakening
Luckily you can also find this set in-game, too. Check out our dedicated Link's Awakening Mask & Armour Set guide to find out where and how.
Armour of Time Set
Scan an Ocarina of Time or Young Link amiibo to net this set. It consists of:
- Cap of Time
- Tunic of Time
- Trousers of Time
Otherwise, head down to the Depths for the armour...
- To get the Tunic, you'll need to head down Hyrule Ridge Chasm and then make your way to Lindor Canyon Mine. This mine is to the east of your landing location at coordinates -2000, 1309, 0715. The tunic is sat in a chest here.
- The Trousers are located in Gerudo Canyon Mine in the Depths. To get here head down Gerudo Summit Canyon and head south a small ways until you reach a chest at coordinates -4180, -0700, -1120.
- The Cap is pretty well hidden. You'll find it in the Sturnida Lavafalls in the area underneath Hebra. Unfortunately, there aren't many Chasms to drop down into the Hebra Depths, so you'll need to make a long trip from Hyrule Ridge Chasm to get here and travel northwest past Kawumoro, So-oaw, and Nupisoyuat Lightroots. When at the final root,head east and use your Ultrahand builds to create a flying contraption (or climb) to get to the Lavafalls. Head to the back of the falls and climb a pillar for a chest at coordinates -4078, 2800, -450.
Armour of Twilight Set
Use your Super Smash Bros Series Link amiibo to nab this set. It consists of:
- Cap of the Twilight
- Tunic of Twilight
- Trousers of the Twilight
- The Cap of Twilight is one of the trickier items to get in the Depths. Head to Thyphlo Ruins and drop down the Drenan Highlands Chasm to the southwest. Then, once you're underground, head northeast until you reach a narrow pathway with two cliff either side. Walk down it and you'll enter the Gleeok Den. You'll have to defeat the King Gleeok, so make sure you're combat-ready with lots of arrows and gloom-healing food. Once you manage to fell the beast, open the chest at coordinates 0266, 3123, -0623.
- To get the Tunic of Twilight without an amiibo, you'll need to head to Rist Mine in the Depths. In order to get here, stick a pin in the surface map at Gemimik Shrine, right at the centre of the swirl of land at Rist Peninsula (far east of map). Now head down East Akkala Plains Chasm and make your way to the chest you're after located at your pinned location (4517, 2167, -0454).
- The Trousers of the Twilight are hidden in a chest in the Ancient Underground Fortress. You can get here by dropping down the South Akkala Plains Chasm, which is southwest of Tarrey Town. Then head directly north. Activate Niuzimod Lightroot and keep heading north. The chest is at coordinates 3312, 1514, -0856.
Armour of the Hero Set
This set is available via the 8-Bit Link amiibo. It consists of:
- Cap of the Hero
- Tunic of the Hero
- Trousers of the Hero
All three pieces of the Hero set are located in the Depths, so outfit yourself with plenty of Brightbloom seeds and remember to activate any Lightroot fast travel points you find as you clamber around in the darkness!
- For the Cap, head to Tuft Canyon Mine, which is close to the Ancient Observation Deck and Abandoned Lurelin Mine, and southwest of Mimufis Lightroot. If you're coming from the Surface, drop down Meda Mountain Chasm and head south. It's very dark down near the mine, even if you've uncovered the Lightroots in the area. You'll find the chest at coordinates 2520, -3600, -0625.
- For the Tunic, you'll need to make your way to Duelling Canyon Mine beneath Duelling Peaks. You can go southwest by dropping down the East Hill Chasm near Kakariko Village, and then heading south to the Abandoned Kakariko Mine Head southwest from there to coordinates 1280, -1810, -0784 to find it in a chest.
- Finally, the trousers to complete this iconic set can be located in a chest at Corvash Canyon Mine. This is a bit of a trek northwest of Hyrule Field Chasm. Make your way to coordinates -3354, 2313, -0812.
Armour of the Sky Set
Scan a Skyward Sword Link amiibo to nab this set. It consists of:
- Cap of the Sky
- Tunic of the Sky
- Trousers of the Sky
As with all of the classic sets, you can also find all three pieces in the Depths.
- The Cap is located in a tree stump in Retsam Grove, which is just northeast of Abandoned Hateno Mine. Either drop down Meda Mountain Chasm and head east from there, or go south from Naydra Snowfield Chasm. If you've got Kisihayam Lightroot, just warp to that and head slightly northeast to find the chest at coordinates 3821, -1986, -0632.
- The Tunic is in Minshi Grove and is directly south of the Minshi Woods Chasm, which you'll need to access in order to get to Korok Forest. Just head south when you drop down and, in the centre of a circle of trees, you'll see an open tree stump. Jump inside there to find the chest at coordinates 1020, 1407. -0542.
- The Trousers can be found in a chest at Crenel Canyon Mine, directly under Crenel Peak on the Surface. You'll need to drop down from East Hill Chasm at Kakariko Village and follow the roads west and north past Korom and Kurakat Lightroot. When you get to Nojoj Lightroot, the mine should be opposite you, and the chest at coordinates 1165, 0423, -0580.
Armour of the Wind Set
Get your Toon Link amiibo scanned to nab this three-piece set. It consists of
- Cap of the Wind
- Tunic of the Wind
- Trousers of the Wind
If you don't have the amiibo you can also get your hands on this set by heading down to the Depths.
- To get the Cap, head to the east of the surface map and find the small chasm in the middle of Tingle Island. Drop down here and head for the coordinates 4652, 0620, -0720 to find the chest you're after. Note this area is quite linear and to reach the chest you need to blow boulder walls out of your way and follow a tunnel to reach the coordinates we've mentioned. The first boulder wall is to the right of an enemy camp (4659, 1189, -0605). From here it's a fairly straight shot through all the rest to your target.
- For the Tunic, you'll want to head down Hyrule Field Chasm and head to the west until you reach Cuho Canyon Mine. To make this easier you can hunt down old treasure maps on the sky islands to get a big fat X marked on the spot where the chest is. Otherwise stick a pin in the coordinates -3789, 1345, -0682 and light your way there.
- Finally, the trousers see you head to Cresia Pit Mine. To get here stick a pin right at the tip of Cape Cresia in the south east of the surface map, corresponding to exactly where the chest is at in the Depths. Now, head down Meda Mountain Chasm and make your way south east over fairly flat terrain to 3796, -3618, -0446. Note that in order to reach this chest you'll need to navigate a body of water in a restricted area. There are lots of Zonai bits and pieces to help out here, we rocked a few logs and a fan to get us across.
Barbarian Armour Set *****
You can obtain this set by taking on the Misko's Treasure side quest. Or you can head to the following caves by using the coordinates below to grab them straight off the bat.
- Barbarian Chest Piece - Crenel Hills Cave: 0474, 0729, 0041 - Head into the cave in Crenel Hill and make your way to where there's a Stone Talus. You'll find the armour hidden in a secret room at the back of this space, it's exposed by blowing up a sparkling mineral deposit that is the only one with spears sticking out of it.
- Barbarian Leg Wraps - Walnot Mountain Cave: 4074, -1900, 0163 - This one will require a method for melting ice and some warm clothes for cold temperatures, but beyond this it's a simple small cave that requires you to move forward until you come to a large block of ice with your treasure entombed in it.
- Barbarian Helm - Robred Dropoff Cave: 2487, -1467, 0013 - Head into this cave and use the groups of statues to navigate forward, first taking the right path that the first group of statues points towards, then blowing out a large bunch of boulders on your left to reveal a path ahead a little later on. Once through here you'll need to blow the boulders in the floor apart and drop down. Simply follow the path along now to reach three more statues on the right. Head over and ascend into the final area with more statues and your helm in a chest!
Champion's Leathers Set *****
Two options for nabbing this one.
You can head to Hateno Village and go to Zelda's house at coordinates 3292, -2300, 0129 then head into the garden and jump down the well here. Now read Zelda's journal down here to initiate the Champion's Tunic quest.
Otherwise, if you want to get this set earlier than you're meant to, you'll need to make a bunch of Energizing Elixirs then shoot out of Lookout Landing Skyview Tower with the aim of making it over Hyrule Castle's walls. Once successfully in the castle, make a beeline for the throne room and head up the steps. Light the two torches on either side of the throne to move it and reach a secret area containing your fancy new threads
You'll actually get the Charged Set as part of the main story while looking for a way to reach the Thunderhead Isle. All three pieces are located on the river going down from Dracozu Lake. This set is extremely useful in stormy areas, as it boosts you attack power when it's thundering.
- The Charged Shirt is in the room at the top of the river at coordinates 1004, -2539, 0013. It gives you a +3 defence boost.
- Halfway down the river on the right hand side, you'll find a second room which you'll need to destroy rocks to get into. Inside, the chest containing the Charged Trousers is at coordinates 0952, -2704, 0012. It also gives a +3 defence boost.
- Lastly, the Charged Headdress is another third of the way down the river on the left bank. Cut down some vines to enter a cave and find a chest at coordinates 0986, -2825, 0012. Now Link can have a cool little horn on his head, along with another +3 defence boost.
Climbing Set *****
A great set to get early in the game if you like to climb up stuff, which you'll get ample opportunity to do in this game. In order to grab the Climbing Gear, you can check out our guide to exactly where it's located.
Or, if you have an aversion to clicking that particular link, then here's a brief overview of where to find each item:
- Climbing Gear (top) - Head for North Hyrule Plains Cave, at coordinates -1230, 0771, 0100, jump down into the cave through a hole in the ground here, defeat the Bubbulfrog then move out from this area and down. You'll see a waterfall here that you can pass through to find your latest armour set.
- Climber's Bandanna - From Mipha Lake head west towards Mikau Lake — one tier above where you can find King Dorephan. Head inside Polymous Mountain Cave and be prepared to try and navigate your way around plenty of slippery climbing. The chest is at the end of the cave at coordinates 3713, 0494, 0310.
- Climbing Boots - Go south of Upland Zorana Skyview Tower and enter Upland Zorana Byroad Cave. Break the rocks on your right and follow the path into a ruined area. Drain the water by lifting the metal door at the end of the room and grab the chest at coordinates 2849, 0543, 0188.
Dark Armour Set
This set makes Link look like Dark Link, and you can grab the Tunic as early as Lookout Landing from the Bargainer Statue. You'll need 150 Poes in order to buy the Tunic. The the Trousers cost 200 Poes, and the Hood 300 Poes. But you'll need to find the rest of the Statues in the Depths in order to expand the unusual creature's inventory. Check out our guide on where to find the Bargainer statues for all of their locations.
Depths Armour Set
Like the Dark set, you can buy all three pieces of the Depths set — which resists gloom damage — from the Bargainer Statues, but you'll need to unlock all of them in order to buy each item with poes. You'll need to have found at least one other Bargainer statue to see this in your choices, so we recommend heading to the Central Mine in the Depths to sort this out. The Tunic costs 150 Poes, the Gaiters will cost 200 Poes, and the Hood is 300 Poes.
Desert Voe Armour Set *****
For a quick and easy boost to your ability to withstand heat, head to Kara Kara Bazaar in Gerudo - coordinates -3273, -2551, 0023 to pick up the Desert Voe Headband from Saula for 450 Rupees!
Now, we'll want to get the Desert Voe Spaulders and Desert Voe Trousers to complete the set. So, head to Gerudo Town and, as soon as you enter at the main entrance, hook a sharp right and look to a tiled well/hole leading underground. Glide down here until you reach a pool at the bottom facing a destructible pile of boulders.
Smash your way through the boulders and move along the exposed path to smash yet another bunch of them and then, once you're in the small room at the end of this path, use Ascend to spiral up and into the Secret Fashion Club. Here you can pick up the Spaulders (1300 Rupees) and the Trousers (650 Rupees) to complete your Desert look.
Ember Armour Set
The Ember Armour is a great set of gear that boosts your attack power when it's hot. All three of these pieces are dotted around Eldin, but you'll likely come across the Trousers first, as that leads you on to a Side Quest to get the Fierce Deity set. Check out our guide to that just a little further down this list!
- Ember Trousers - Inside Cephla Lake Cave in Eldin, behind Foothill Stable. You'll find this chest in a large room with multiple chests containing Green Rupees. On the other side of the cave, feed the dog and follow it until it sniffs out the right one.
- Ember Headdress - You'll find this chest inside YunoboCo HQ South Cave, just north of Goron City. Make sure you're protected against the intense lava heat either with Fireproof Elixirs or with the Flamebreaker Armour. You'll need to cross a lake of lava to reach this chest — either by using the car behind the broken wall to your right or by using a hydrant or splash fruit to create platforms in the lava. The chest is at coordinates 1577, 2756, 0382.
- Ember Shirt - Head to Gonbori River Cave, south of Goron City. As with all caves in the region, make sure you're protected against the extreme heat. Follow the path until you reach a gap in the lava river that's too big to jump across. Use Recall on one of the platforms as it passes in front of you and hop across it. Defeat the Fire Like and then use Recall on another lava river platform, and ride it down the river. On the other side, jump to the right and climb up into a hole where a pedestal with a chest containing the shirt is, at coordinates 1380, 2226, 0294.
After getting the Shirt, a door will open and you'll get the Side Quest Misko's Treasure of Awakening I, which you can follow to get the Armour of Awakening set.
Evil Spirit Armour Set
This set is based around three labyrinth tasks that see you begin in a surface maze then head directly above to a sky version and then down into the depths for the final part of the puzzle.
- Evil Spirit Greaves - You can nab these by completing The North Lomei Prophecy side quest or by simply heading to the surface maze at North Lomei - which is to the north of the map at coordinates -0823, 3535, 0235. You'll need to navigate your way into the central chamber here. Once you've done this you can head for the sky maze which is unlocked and directly above the surface maze. Complete this challenge to unlock the Depths maze and dive straight down into that. Once you're done you'll earn yourself these snazzy greaves.
- Evil Spirit Armour - Now we want to repeat the same general task with another three mazes, the first of which you can find at Akkala Labyrinth right out to the top right corner of the world map at 4654, 3712, 0131.
- Evil Spirit Mask - The final piece of this set and one last push on the triple maze challenge. Head to South Lomei Labyrinth nestled between Faron Grasslands and the Gerudo Desert (-1794, -3329, 0072).
Fierce Deity Armour Set *****
You have two options for getting your hands on this set that harks back to Majora's Mask. You can choose to use your Majora's Mask Link amiibo to net all three pieces over various days, or you can follow the quest as detailed below.
First, head to Cephla Lake Cave in Eldin, right by Foothill Stable. You can find it at coordinates 2606, 1305, 0150. Once here, speak with the treasure hunters at the entrance then feed their dog lots of food in order for it to sniff out the correct treasure chest for you, netting you Ember Trousers.
Once you've done this you'll trigger the Misko's Treasure - The Fierce Deity quest. You'll be challenged to find three pieces of armour. Let's take a look at where to find each piece of the set.
- Fierce Deity Chest - 3 Defence - Akkala Citadel Ruins. Just southwest of Tarrey Town, activate Domizuin Shrine at the top here and head to the main building of the ruins. In the southwest corner, crouch down and crawl through a hole. Drop down another hole and you'll be right in front of the chest at coordinates 3284, 1493, 0414
- Fierce Deity Boots - 3 Defence - Ancient Tree Stump Cave, north of Mount Daphne. Drop down to the bottom of the cave and then cut through some vines covering a doorway. Tehn in the next room climb up the tree roots until you reach another room with a vine-covered entrance and an altar. Cut the vines down and open the chest at coordinates - 1101, -0465, 0063
- Fierce Deity Mask - 3 Defence - Skull Lake Cave, Akkala. You need to dive into the skull's left eye, which is home to a rather tall stone structure. Follow the path and break through the rocks to find yourself in a large room with a Stalnox patrolling. Ignore it and climb up the rocky platform in the centre to reach the chest at coordinates - 3414, 2875, 0799
Once you've got all three pieces, remember to return to Cephia Lake Cave to grab the Fierce Deity Sword!
Flamebreaker Armour Set *****
A bit of an easier one. The only way to get the Flamebreaker Armour is to buy it at the armour shop in Goron City. It's fairly expensive, but we reckon you'll be glad you're wearing it when dealing with hot environments. It also gives you the fireproof effect when all pieces are equipped which makes some fiery foes much easier to handle.
- Flamebreaker Helm - Goron City Armour Shop - 1400 Rupees
- Flamebreaker Armour - Goron City Armour Shop - 700 Rupees
- Flamebreaker Boots - Goron City Armour Shop - 1,200 Rupees
Froggy Armour Set *****
Image coming soon...
Want to be able to climb up every slippery surface with ease? Then you're gonna need the Froggy Armour.
In order to get this set we need to complete the Potential Princess Sightings questline. To activate this quest, head to the Lucky Clover Gazette east of Rito Village. Here, speak to Traysi and then head off to meet Penn at various stables throughout Hyrule.
As you meet up with Penn, make sure to complete any tasks he gives you and you'll eventually unlock all parts of this essential set.
Frostbite Armour Set
The Frostbite Set does the opposite of the Ember Set — it increases your attack power in the cold. And similarly to the Ember Set, you'll need to find each piece in treasures chests across Hyrule — this time, Hebra.
- Frostbite Headdress - Head to Rospro Pass Skyview Tower and glide northeast from the sky to the tip of Lake Kilsie to reach a cave. Ride the updraft to the right and break the rocks to enter a new room containing the chest your after at coordinates -3883, 2887, -0006
- Frostbite Shirt - From Rito Village, head east past the Lucky Clover Gazette and up the mountain path until you come to a Hudson Construction Site on your right. Turn right here and follow the path into Brightcap Cave. Follow the cave until your reach a room full of thorns. You'll see a pedestal blocked off by some. Burn them down and open the chest for your Shirt at coordinates -3042, 1529, 0197
- Frostbite Trousers - You can find your legwear at Hebra Headspring. Go to Pikida Stonegrove Skyview Tower and glide southwest from there. Make the trek across the mountains if you need to. Eventually, you'll be at the north end of the headspring, where a Hudson Construction Site is. Walk north into the cave. Use some Ice Fruit to create an ice block in the water, then use Ultrahand and Recall to create a moving platform that will get you up to the cave. The chest is at coordinates -2907, 2569, 0402
Glide Armour Set *****
Zooming around in the sky is a big part of Tears of the Kingdom and so this Glide Armour, which you can obtain fairly early in the game, is a must-have. The Glide Armour doesn't use up any stamina in flight and it increases your overall aerial mobility.
In order to grab all three pieces, we need to visit three sky islands and complete three simple Zonai Construct challenges.
- Glide Mask - Valor Island - Go to the Mount Lanayru Skyview Tower and propel yourself skywards then travel North East to reach this island and take part in your first construct challenge to earn your mask.
- Glide Shirt - Courage Island - Best reached by blasting yourself out of Lindor's Brow Skyview Tower and heading South East.
- Glide Tights - Bravery Island - Use Thyplo Skyview Tower to get airborne then head south to this island where your final challenge awaits you.
Hylian Armour Set *****
This classic set can be picked up early on, as soon as you get to Lookout Landing and have enough to Rupees to cough up for each of the three pieces.
- Hylian Hood - 3 Defence - Lookout Landing Armour Shop - 70 Rupees
- Hylian Tunic - 3 Defence - Lookout Landing Armour Shop - 130 Rupees
- Hylian Trousers - 3 Defence - Lookout Landing Armour Shop - 120 Rupees
Miner’s Armour Set *****
Now here's a useful set for exploring the Depths as it makes you glow, which is helpful in the dark innit. In order to nab this full set, you can do as the game would like and get up into the sky to seek out three treasure maps that pinpoint the locations for you.
Or, we're just saying, you could just make a beeline for the locations in the Depths that we've listed below to make things a bit quicker. It's up to you, mate. There's no judgement here.
- Miner's Top - Right under Daphne's Mountain, you can get here fairly quickly by flinging yourself down the Hyrule Field Chasm and head to coordinates -1075, -0558, -0514.
- Miner's Mask - Directly underneath Kara Kara Bazaar in the Gerudo Desert, so East Gerudo Chasm will get you close to wear you need to be, then once in the Deoths head to coordinates -3238, -2423, -0475 or thereabouts to find this one in a chest in the Abandoned Kara Kara mine.
- Miner's Trousers - At Hylia Canyon Mine, which is directly under Mount Hylia. Head for coordinates -1287, -2250, -0707. Once again, as with all these Depths pieces, make a beeline for the nearest chasm on the surface map to cut down on exploring in the dark.
Mystic Armour Set
You can buy all of the Mystic Armour set from Koltin by giving him Bubbul Gems. You can't choose when you buy these, however, as you'll need to buy every single item from him. That's 46 Bubbul Gems to get all of the rewards, with the Headpiece coming last.
- Mystic Robe
- Mystic Trousers
- Mystic Headpiece
All of the armour pieces give you a +3 defence boost, plus instead of taking damage while wearing this set, you'll instead lose Rupees. Good if you've got a lot in the bank.
Phantom Armour Set *****
The Phantom set is an extremely powerful set, with the Armour alone giving a +8 to your defence. You can find it at Tamio River Downstream Cave in the Tabantha Frontier, at coordinates -2968, -0928, 0035. You'll need to head deep into the cave and avoid the monsters, and then break down a rocky wall with bombs or a hammer.
As soon as we find the remaining pieces, we'll update this guide.
Radiant Armour Set
The Radiant Armour set can be bought from Eastwind in Kakariko Village. However! As with the Stealth Armour Set, you'll need to complete a side quest to reduce the prices to 'affordable'.
Speak with the shopkeeper, Claree, to kickstart the Gloom-borne Illness side quest. Once you've completed this quest, prices will return to normal and you can nab this glowing luchador-style set.
- Radiant Tights - 800 Rupees
- Radiant Mask - 800 Rupees
- Radiant Shirt - 800 Rupees
Royal Guard Uniform
To grab this regal attire easily, complete the Mayoral Elections side adventure in Hateno Village, then head to Cece's shop where you can grab it for just 2,200 Rupees. HOW MUCH?!!
If you'd rather save your Rupees for a rainy day, you can grab the set in the following locations;
- Royal Guard Cap – The cap is hidden behind a screen in Princess Zelda’s Bedroom, at coordinates -0390, 0996, 0320.
- Royal Guard Uniform – Head to the First Gatehouse, which is where you find Captain Hoz earlier in the game. Drop down the side and you’ll find a pathway. Make your way through the gates using Ultrahand to lift them up, and then walk all the way down to the Guards’ Chamber. Go straight ahead until you reach the end of the room, stand in the gloom, and use Ascend. The chest is on this platform at coordinates -0409, 0853, 0075.
- Royal Guard Boots – Warp to Serutabomac Shrine at Hyrule Castle and follow the path below the Shrine to the Library. At the north end of the Library, use Ultrahand on the bookcase to reveal the King’s Study. The Boots are in the chest at coordinates -0172, 1119, 0214.
Rubber Armour Set
Giving you added resistance to shock and electric attacks and a+3 defence, the Rubber Armour is part of the full Rubber Set.
- Rubber Armour - You'll find this is in Whistling Hill Cave, where you'll need to break your way through rock walls and fight Like Likes in order to reach this chest tucked away at the back. The chest is around coordinates -0085, -1116, -0002.
- Rubber Helm - Go to Sarjon Woods Cave in the Faron region, which is just north of the Sarjon Woods and northwest of Lakeside Stable. Cut down the vines and then ride a little raft down the river, cutting and burning vines along the way. Drop down the waterfall to find the chest at coordinates 1573, -2955, -0024.
- Rubber Tights - The legwear is hidden in Horon Lagoon, which is southeast of East Reservoir Lake in the Lanayru region. You'll need to dive into this cave at it's in the centre of the lagoon. Just make your way to this chest at the back of the spikey cave at coordinates 4275, -0375, -0021.
Snowquill Armour Set *****
If you're considering exploring the colder regions of Tears of the Kingdom, the Snowquill Armour set is a must-have. You can nab this full set once you reach Rito Village by simply purchasing all three pieces from Brazen Beak for a grand total of 2,500 Rupees.
- Snowquill Tunic - Rito Village Armour Shop - 500 Rupees
- Snowquill Trousers - Rito Village Armour Shop - 1,000 Rupees
- Snowquill Headdress - Rito Village Armour Shop - 650 Rupees
Soldier’s Armour Set
All three pieces of the Soldier's Armour are hidden deep below Hyrule Castle and Hyrule Town. Don't be scared, though — the enemies down there are pretty safe. Here's where you need to go in order to reach the Hidden Passage. Bring hammer weapons and plenty of bombs.
From Lookout Landing Skyview Tower, glide towards Hyrule Castle so you soar over the top of the gates. Then follow the path up until you see an open doorway with trees around it. Go in and Ultrahand your way through the gates. Follow the path and then turn right until you reach the end of the corridor. Go left and lift the grate on the floor up with Ultrahand. When you drop down, you'll be in the Hidden Passage.
Just keep following the path until you reach a huge chamber with a Like Like in it. Drop down, head south, and break through the rocky walls. From here, you'll start finding the armour...
- Soldier's Armour - Inside a prison chamber area, lift a boulder out of a hole in the floor with Ultrahand, drop down, and then Ascend at the end of the path to a room with a Bokoblin and a chets. The chest contains the armour piece, at coordinates -0265, 0634, -0035
- Soldier's Helm - From the main prison room, follow the path out to a cave with a body of water and break the rocks at the end. Ahead of you should be some blue rocks, which you'll also need to break down (these take longer than the normal rocks). Avoid the mainland and swim over to a hole which leads to a number of small rooms and an Ice Like. Fight it or skip past it to find the Helm in a chest at coordinates -0228, 0464, -0039
- Soldier's Greaves - Leave the room and swim left and continue to hammer down the blue rocks ahead of you. Eventually you'll reach a bridge with Bokoblins and Moblins. Break the wall on the other side and keep until you reach an open room with red rocks to your right. Break them, enter the room, and head over to the chest in one of the small rooms at coordinates -0304, 0279, -0006
Stealth Armour Set *****
The Stealth set can be purchased in its entirety from Eastwind in Kakariko Village. However! As with the Radiant Armour Set, things are not quite so straightforward as walking in and buying it, unless you're incredibly wealthy.
Yep, the prices in the store have been hiked up to ludicrous levels. Speak with the shopkeeper, Claree, to kickstart the Gloom-borne Illness side quest — once you've completed this quest, prices will return to reasonable.
Wearing the full Stealth Armour Set will give you a night speed boost, although beyond its upgraded stealth capabilities, this set is quite weak on the defence front.
- Stealth Tights - 500 Rupees
- Stealth Mask - 600 Rupees
- Stealth Chest Guard - 700 Rupees
Tingle Armour Set
Once exclusive to Breath of the Wild's DLC, Majora's Mask's self-proclaimed reincarnated fairy has left his mark in Tears of the Kingdom with this rather striking armour set. This time, you can get all three pieces in-game, and like many of the more difficult sets, you need to solve a few of Misko's riddles.
- Tingle's Hood - In the north part of the Gerudo Highlands, north of Otutsum Shrine, you'll find a chasm overlooking the Tabantha Frontier. This is the Statue of the Eighth Heroine. Here you'll find lots of Mirrors and a pedestal to the south (held by the statue) that needs lighting up. Use Ultrahand to hold a mirror above the chasm and reflect the light into the switch (sleep until midday if needed). The chest is inside here at coordinates -4442, -0630, 0455.
- Tingle's Shirt - You'll want to head to the very top of Dueling Peaks, which you can get to from Popla Foothills Skyview Tower. There are two caves here — the north cave, on the west side of the north mountain, and the south cave, on the west side of the south mountain. The north cave holds the solution to the puzzle in the south cave. After solving the puzzle, you'll get the shirt at coordinates 1214, -2051, 0273.
- Tingle's Tights - Head to Cape Cales northeast of Lurelin Village and drop down the north side of the cape to find a cave. Swim (or ride a raft) inside, and then whistle to open the way to a cave and a pirate ship. On the ship, defeat the Bokoblins and find the chest behind some boxes at coordinates 3513, -3263, 0004.
Yiga Clan Armour Set
- Yiga Clan Armour - Head for Akkala Ancient Tech Lab in the northeast (4499, 3200, 0245). Beat beat the Yiga attackers to enter the lab to grab your armour.
- Yiga Mask - Head to a Yiga Camp in the southeast of the Great Plateau, in the small wooded area slightly to the right of Mount Hylia (-0803, -2255, 0087). Take care of two assailants that attack when you attempt to enter the building. Then go inside and get the Yiga Mask. (Note there's a map on the wall in this building with some markings showing armour locations.)
- Yiga Clan Tights - In a cave east of Kiuyoyou Shrine, and west of the Lost Woods in the Yiga Clan Maritta Branch, on the south side of Aldor Foothills. Use ascend on the left side of the room to find a designer and the tights at coordinates - 0653, 2101, 0163.
For a more detailed breakdown, check out our dedicated Yiga Armour Set location guide.
Zora Armour Set *****
This armour makes a return and, once again it allows you to travel up waterfalls like an absolute boss. In order to nab the base armour itself you simply need to follow along the story and reach Zora's Domain. Clean the sludge of the statue here and then speak to Sidon to begin the Sidon of the Zora quest.
- Zora Armour - Give Yona an Ancient Arowana as part of the Zora story.
- Zora Greaves - Increased Swim Sped - Speak to Yona to start the A Token of Friendship quest and head off to the Ancient Zora Waterworks which are right down the bottom of a huge whirlpool to find this piece. Head down to find a hole that takes you to a scrap with a Stone Talus. Once you've dealt with the Talus (or you could run right past it, we guess) head through a nearby waterfall to find a secret cave with your greaves.
- Zora Helm - Spin Attack Ability - Speak to Khira and Chroma (in King Dorephan's throne room) to start The Never-ending Lecture quest which takes you to Floating Scales Island. Once here, head to the fish's tail and look down to see a cave on the lower part of the ridge. Make your way down here to grab your shiny new helmet.
Zonaite Armour Set
Another new set for Tears of the Kingdom, the Zonaite Armour Set grants Link the ability to boost his Energy Cells when using Zonai devices. It's also got a base defence of 4 per piece, which is pretty good.
The process for getting all three of these is fairly complex, and each piece is situated in the sky. We've got more thorough solutions in our How To Get The Zonaite Armour Set guide, but for general locations, check below:
- Zonaite Helm - The headpiece for this set can be found on Lightcast Island in Tabantha Frontier Sky. You'll need to activate the Zonai terminal and solve a reflection-based light puzzle inside the island before reaching the chest at coordinates - 3590, 0946, 1723.
- Zonaite Waistguard - You'll have to face another Zonaite puzzle to get the Waistguard for Link's new outfit. Head to Zonaite Forge Island, which is an extremely tall island southwest of Great Sky Island. You'll need to glide up to the top of the island using the fans and then drop all the way down. You'll find the chest at coordinates 2375, -1775, 1489.
- Zonaite Shin Guards - The last piece of gear is also behind a puzzle, and you'll need to get inside the huge orb near the Sky Mine in Akkala Highlands Sky and get a block inside there to press down the switch. Head down to the bottom half of the orb to get the guards at coordinates 4468, 2025, 1413.
You can buy these earrings the Gerudo Town accessory shop once you've cleared the Gerudo section of the Regional Phenomena quest. They cost 400 Rupees and give Link a +4 defence boost.
Ancient Hero's Aspect
While the Ancient Hero's Aspect is only one piece of armour, it covers all of Link's body and gives him a +12 to his defence. It also makes him look like a legendary Zonai warrior to boot.
But for such an impressive piece of armour, there's a steep task to earn it. You have to complete all 152 Shrines. Once you've done that, return to the Temple of Time on the Great Sky Island and open the chest behind the Goddess Statue to get this rather suave suit.
Bokoblin Mask *****
This mask is incredibly useful as it lets you avoid battle with Bokoblins by allowing you to blend in with the crowd.
In order to grab it, head to Pico Pond at coordinates 1210, 1205, 0020, where you'll spot a colourful balloon owned by Kilton and Kolton. They're looking for Bubbulfrog gems and, if you've got one, simply hand it over to receive your mask as a reward. Easy!
To net this incredibly fashionable hat you'll need to complete the Mayoral Election side adventure in Hateno Village. Simples!
Image coming soon...
This rather lovely headpiece can be bought from the accessory shop once you've cleared the Gerudo section of the Regional Phenomena quest. It costs 2,400 Rupees and will boost your attack power.
Like the other monster masks, the Horriblin mask allows you to get past these nasty cave-dwelling creatures without being attacked.
It's found in the same place as all the other monster masks — with Koltin. You'll need to buy it with Bubbul Gems — 29 in total. Check out our Bubbul Gem guide for more info on this unique collectible.
You'll need to head down to the Depths, directly underneath Hyrule Forest, so find Minshi Woods Chasm, east of the Great Forest, and head to coordinates -0114, 2433, -0620 to find the Forest Coliseum and beat a Hinox in battle to grab this very cute headgear which rattles when a hidden Korok is nearby.
The handy thing about this one is that when you jump down Minshi Woods Chasm you'll see a Lightroot off to the northwest and the way there is paved with a trail of Poes. Follow the Poes to get to an area with three very close Lightroots. Head to the one that's furthest west, Ramobnukas, and you'll see a trail of Mighty Bananas that lead you right to the door of the coliseum!
image coming soon...
To get your hands on the Lightning Helm, you'll need to infiltrate the Yiga Clan HQ and take part in a combat minigame.
You can buy the Lizalfos Mask from Koltin using Bubbul gems. You can find Koltin at a handful of locations at night in Hyrule, so check out our Bubbul Gem guide on how to unlock this unique shop.
Another monster mask, and one for the most dangerous of all prowling Hyrule. the Lynel Mask is acquired from Koltin by spending your Bubbul Gems. You'll need to spend 37 in total to get this one, which will let you go past Lynels safely
Like a lot of the classic armour pieces, Majora's Mask can be found in the Depths.
You'll need to head to the Floating Coliseum, which is northwest of the Great Abandoned Central Mine. Once you enter the coliseum and attempt to open the gloom-covered chest, you'll have to fight five Lynels different Lynels, one after the other.
While the Mask only gives you a +1 defence, it has a chance of confusing enemies and preventing them from attacking Link.
Midna's Helmet is a legendary armour piece that gives you a +7 armour rating and even a little bit of gloom resistance as an added bonus.
That gloom resistance is a hint, of course, that this piece can be found in the Depths. You'll need to drop down into Eventide Island Chasm to nab this one, so head to Rabella Westlands Skyview Tower in East Necluda and fly southeast to reach the cliff edge at Cape Kales. Once here use a Zonai device to fly across the water to Eventide Island.
Once you've dropped into the chasm, light up your surroundings with a Brightbloom Seed and follow the path ahead to reach a large wall. Make your way around the wall until you find an entrance into the arena here. Defeat the arena battle to receive your armour. Good luck!
Tunic of Memories
Find all six of the Bargainer Statues in the Depths in order to unlock the ability to purchase the Tunic of Memories.
To find the statues make sure to check out our full Bargainer Statue location guide.
You can get the Moblin Mask from Koltin by giving him 2 Bubbul Gems. It'll give you a +2 defensive boost and will prevent Moblins from attacking you.
Like other jewellery, this can be bought at the Gerudo Town accessory shop once after clearing the main story there. At 700 Rupees, this is a cheap way to boost your swim speed.
You can grab this hood by heading down to the Depths and taking on 5 waves of Lizalfos in the Secluded Coliseum. The Coliseum is located at coordinates 2150, -1850, -0466.
Image coming soon...
Buyable from the Gerudo Town accessory store for 1,300 Rupees, this headpiece boost's Link's cold resistance while also making him look rather fashionable.
The Sand Boots come in real handy while you're in the Gerudo region, and for 1,200 Rupees, they're a reasonable investment. Wearing these increases Link's speed while walking on the sand. You'll need to access the Secret Club in Gerudo Town to get these, however. Luckily, it's the same place you buy the Desert Voe Armour.
Image coming soon...
You can snap up this heat resisting circlet at the Gerudo Town accessory store for 1,400 Rupees once you've banished the sandstorm from the region.
Sheik's Mask can be acquired by scanning in your Smash Bros. Sheik amiibo. It has a base defence of +2 and improves your sneak stat.
You can also nab this one in-game without an amiibo by defeating 5 waves of Horriblins in the Desert Coliseum down in the Depths. Dive down the chasm over at Gerudo Desert then to coordinates -4306, -3680, -0480 to get to the arena, win the battle and grab your prize.
The Snow Boots are sold at the Gerudo Secret Club in Gerudo Town, same as the Sand Boots and the Desert Voe Armour. They cost 1,300 Rupees and allow Link to move faster in the snow — great fro trekking around the Hebra region.
The most expensive earrings from Gerudo Town's accessory shop. These give you shock resistance at the cost of 1,200 Rupees. Again, you need to beat the Gerudo Town quest for easy access to this store.
Vah Medoh Divine Helm
The Vah Medoh Divine Helm can be yours if you scan a Revali amiibo. It has a base +2 defence stat and comes with Cold resistance.
You can also pick this one up in-game by speaking to Tulin after you've finished up with the Wind Temple. Once you've had a chat, head northwest of the Hebra Mountains to North Biron Snowshelf Cave (-3957, 3280, 0237) melt the ice to enter then paraglide down the hole and take care of some boulders with your bow to sort the water levels out and find a chest containing your helm.
Vah Naboris Divine Helm
The Vah Naboris Divine Helm can be acquired by scanning an Urbosa amiibo.
If you don't have the amiibo, though, you can still find the Helm in the game itself. With all the divine helms you'll need to complete the associated temple first, so here you'll want to finish up with the Lightning Temple, then speak to Riju in Gerudo Town. You can find her in the west of the town in the throne room. Now head to the northwest of the region to West Gerudo Underground Mines (-4668, -1970, 0025).
Once here destroy the stone over the cracked piece of ground and drop down the hole. Now in the cave, you'll want to head forward then turn right and start destroying a whole bunch of boulder walls to reach the room containing your chest. Bring plenty of bomb flowers/boulder swords!
Vah Rudania Divine Helm
The Vah Rudania Divine Helm can be acquired by scanning a Daruk amiibo. It has a base +2 defence stat and comes with Flame Guard.
Alternatively, once you've got the Fire Temple completed, speak to Bludo in Goron City then head to Lizard's Burrow (2190, 3087, 0402) to grab this one from a chest. Nice and easy.
Vah Ruta Divine Helm
The Vah Ruta Divine Helm could be yours by scanning a Mipha amiibo.
Alternatively, after you've completed the Water Temple, speak with Sidon the you'll want to head to the entrance of Zora's Domain to around the halfway point of the Great Zora Bridge. Look down to your left and you'll see a waterfall here. We want to glide through it to find a cave. Once in here head straight across and pass through another waterfall to find the chest you're looking for.
Another trip to the Depths is in order here. This time head to the Scorching Coliseum, an Eldin chasm will get you close, dive down and head for coordinates 2140, 3180, -0840 to battle Moblins and nab your prize.
For more handy guides, check out our Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom walkthrough for all of your adventuring needs.
I'm very happy the Amiibo outfits and most if not all of the DLC outfits are all still in this game. I'm a sucker for fashion options in games and this one goes well above all others.
What's with all the asterisks?
What about that cape that goes with the champions leathers?
@InfamousOrange We'll get it added as soon as we can!
Bummer the gerudo outfit didn't make it from botw, guessing Nintendo axed it because of all the art n so on people made about Link in it
I found the Tunic of the Sky, I can't remember the exact location but I'm pretty sure it's near the Korok Grove to the south East somewhere.
Got my hands on the climbing set and fierce deity set so far. Got a 3rd of the glide set. Fierce Deity is so good. Made getting the travel medallion a breeze.
Next is the Zonaite set when I'm doing sky stuff again.
Oh and I got the Bokoblin Mask. That one's way too much fun to wear.
I’m just glad you can sell the duplicate items since I have all the amiibo.
found the trousers of the sky at crenel canyon mine
I found the Phantom boots last night. They are in desert to the lower right of the temple. There is a race you can participate in. Near the end of the race there are a bunch of sinkholes. One of the sink holes closer to the finish line, will drop you into a small temple room where they are.
I'm going to come to this a lot. Must get... everything...
Tap here to load 11 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...