Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 13,041 to 13,060 of 16,084

BruceCM

I've just got a 21" Full HD monitor, since I don't see the point of getting a 4k one that'd have to be twice the size, @NEStalgia .... That'd make your potential gaming PC a LOT cheaper, though! Then, you'd only be wanting to run games at med-high settings, not very high, epic or ultra

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

I was surprised to see PS4 still able to get game like this. 😮
Untitled

It's very rare to see casual games get physical release on PS4. I really want to see more casual games like that on PS5. 😉

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

TuVictus wrote:

Finished my first full VR game in Resident Evil 7. It was very fun, but the PSVR really does need an upgrade. That and of course it'll benefit from being attached to stronger hardware in general. Sometimes just sprinting in the game, it'd take a few seconds for the resolution/textures to stabilize, creating a really eye-straining headache effect.

Are you sure that's the game causing it, and not your brain/sight?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

@Dezzy Lmao, no, it's definitely the game. But it's worth noting that it's easy for the lenses to get greasy and cause general bluriness, but that wasn't the issue here.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

@TuVictus

Fair enough. I wouldn't have thought you could move fast enough in RE7 for it to cause any loading problems though.
Also, doesn't VR just render the same scene twice from 2 different perspectives?

Octane

@Dezzy Yeah, that's also the reason why VR in general looks "worse" by default compared to non-VR games played on the same console. And the fact that VR pretty much requires a high frame rate, and can't sacrifice frame rate for resolution.

Octane

Octane

Just got the confirmation that The Last of Us Part II is on its way to my mailbox! Anyone else planning on playing it this week?

Octane

Magonigal

@Octane

I wish you could get digital codes for Playstation from other retailers but Sony banned it. Would make it a lot easier and cheaper for me to afford but hopefully going to play it soon if not this week

Also if anyone wanted to see this then Spiderman Miles Morales has been confirmed by Insomniac as between 5-10 hours (orignal was about 15 hours although it seemed like it was longer than that when i played)
Link

Edited on by Magonigal

Magonigal

Anti-Matter
Planet Coaster for PS4 & PS5.
Also on Xbox One and Xbox Series X.
Gosh.... The trailer itself is running on 60 fps. 😀

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Lol so the user score for the Last of Us 2 is currently 3.3. Compared to the 9.5 critic rating.

Is that all trolls or is it genuinely one of those games where the critics fail to represent the audience, like the Last Jedi?

Octane

@Dezzy I highly doubt that all those people had the time to play through the game, let it sink in and formulate a proper opinion. Even if I don't agree with the direction of the story, I highly doubt I would score it a 0/10. It has to be completely unplayable for it to get a score like that IMO.

Octane

Gamer83

@Octane
Agreed. I've spoiled the entire story for myself and I think it's complete trash. That said, I've watched a good number of videos and just from those I can tell the gameplay is a big step up. I think this will be the opposite of TLoU 1. That game was carried by the story, Part II's mediocre story will be carried by stellar gameplay.

Gamer83

Dezzy

@Octane

Well yeah obviously people exaggerate if they hate something. Like when people gave Mass Effect 3 0/10 scores based on the ending. Obviously no-one thought the actual game was 0/10. It was brilliant right up until the last hour. It was just a way of expressing their extreme disappointment.

But it still reflected genuine dislike. In reality, it probably meant something like "This felt like a 10/10 game up until the end, but now it feels like a 7/10 game. So even if the whole game is still good on average, my disappointment is quite extreme."

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

@Dezzy I don't know. I haven't played the game, and I doubt those review bombing have. I'll judge the game when I see the credits roll.

Octane

Ralizah

It feels like every big exclusive gets review-bombed these days. It'll go back up once metacritic removes the 0/10 scores, like they have with a bunch of other releases.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

Zuljaras

@Ralizah That is true. If the scores were 3/10 it is more like it. But also most big exclusives are getting 10/10 from critics while a big portion of the independent reviewers are giving a game 4-5/10.

It does not seem right as most game critics does not event play those games.

Spider-Man was not bombed - https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/marvels-spider-man
God of War was not bombed - https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/god-of-war
RDR2 was not bombed - https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/red-dead-redemp...

So maybe there is a reason TLOU2 is. Just saying.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Ralizah

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-19-cyberpunk-2077-...

For anyone curious, Cyberpunk will be upgraded for PS5 free of charge.

@Zuljaras Astral Chain, BotW, and other almost universally praised big releases were review bombed as well.

All a game being review-bombed means is that people want to reduce the user score for whatever reason.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

Octane

@Ralizah Awesome! Too bad it's 2021 though. I was hoping for a patch as soon as the next gen systems came out. But playing on a PS5 will still be a better experience than on a vanilla PS4.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic