Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,941 to 12,960 of 16,084

Maaryotyme

@Ninfan buy a ps1 or 2 to play your ps1 games. Saves yourself the money and time

Maaryotyme

Magonigal

@Cotillion
Excellent! I love them, my favourite fantasy series together with Lord of The Rings. Just finished them again and now on The Witcher

Edited on by Magonigal

Magonigal

Zuljaras

So anyone else being worried that the PS5 will be noisy and overheat with that design?

I do not want this to be fixed with the next 5 revisions of the same console.

The Series X team showed it their console insides and how exactly it would run and cool itself.

Maaryotyme

@Ninfan I meant. If you want to play your ps1 games then buy a ps1. It’s cheaper.

Maaryotyme

SomeBitTripFan

I both like and dislike the design. It's pretty interesting to look at and looks like a massively distorted "V". That said, it looks like it's MASSIVE. Between its shape and size, it's going to stand out in anyone's set-up. Assuming from the presentation that it'll probably cool better vertically, heat naturally rising out of the top and with assumed fans. Whole "popped-collar" design seems to give it more areas to vent heat from. Wondering how much space it'll need to properly breathe though, on top of it's significant real-estate.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Wargoose

@La-weejee for me Its a case of If I can just own one console and play all my games on it, it saves me space. I'm not fussed about physical backwards compatibility but it would be nice to transfer digital games to the new console

Wargoose

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
" I really wanted to get PS5 to use PlayStation one games."

Use PS2 Fat / Slim to play PS1 games LOL
It's cheaper and easier.
Check the machine region before buying since PS1 & PS2 = region Lock.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
I will wait the PS5 Slim, of course must be White color as PS5 fat.
And i never stack my machines due to weight risk except my NDS lite on my 3DS XL machine.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@SomeBitTripFan
It is massive. The biggest console ever released. Keep in mind the original Xbox one was a massive cinder-block. Not so much because of its height but because of how wide and deep it was, on top of having a huge brick in the cord.

The X1X is surprisingly tiny. And unlike the OG Xbox, no brick. It’s super short in depth, too. I can fit an entire closed fist behind my X1X and still be even with the back of my PS4 Pro.

Untitled

Keep in mind here, the Series X is wider, yes, but it’s also substantially shorter and I guarantee it’s substantially shorter in depth as well. Its depth is the same as its width, which is crazy short for depth. That PS5 is going to be like twice as deep backwards as the Series X.

That thing is massive. And the Series X is, ironically, pretty small all things considered. If you stand it up not only is it short, but it’s not very deep either. Just a little wide.

I like both designs, honestly. They both have their merits. The PS5 is certainly bold, and I like that in a vacuum. But keep in mind, they’ve been showing it next to white backgrounds where it really blends in well. In real life you’re not going to have it in front of a white background, but an entertainment stand with all black electronics and glass/wooden shelving and carpet or wooden floors... it’s going to stick out like a sore thumb. It’s not so much that I dislike the design, I just dislike how the design is going to stick out compared to everything else. Since it’s so big there’s no possible way it would fit in my entertainment stand, so it would have to stand up like my PC tower next to the entertainment center, which will just draw even more attention to it. Maybe that’s what they were going for but I’m not sure how I feel about it.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

Oh my....
PS5 fat looks bigger than PS3 fat ?? 😳

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Lolololol

Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

1UP_MARIO

Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Cotillion

Wow, I didn't realize it was so huge.

Cotillion

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Ninfan
" I really wanted to get PS5 to use PlayStation one games."

Use PS2 Fat / Slim to play PS1 games LOL
It's cheaper and easier.
Check the machine region before buying since PS1 & PS2 = region Lock.

@Anti-Matter but I had it all planed any everything.

Ninfan

Ninfan

@JaxonH is that a real picture of the new ps5 . That you put up. How big is it?

Ninfan

BruceCM

Sony haven't said whether PS5 will be able to play any PS1, 2 or 3 games, so it's hardly a good option for those ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah Wait Kena is going to ps4? I think I missed that in the sizzle reel...well I will take that off the list then.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic