Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,921 to 12,940 of 16,083

Dezzy

@Octane

I don't even know what the Miles character is supposed to be, cos I haven't seen any of the stuff with him in. Is he supposed to just be another person in the same universe who also gets bit by a mutant spider or whatever? Does Peter Parker exist in the same time and place?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Apparently, he's in the Into the Spiderverse film, @Dezzy .... I've not seen that or even the Spiderman stuff after Tobey Maguire's outings a few years back, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

TuVictus

So first it was a sequel, then a remaster of the first game, and now it's standalone game that's not quite a sequel lol. Insomniac contradicted the ps executive "remaster expansion" info. Yeah, Sony really bungled that announcement. Hilariously so.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Octane

@redd214 Yeah, though I will admit that their wording a bit weird. I still don't know if it also includes the 2018 Spider-Man game or not. Because that makes the difference between a €40 Lost Legacy type of game, or a remastered Spider-Man with Miles DLC for €60. And I much prefer the former!

@Dezzy Miles Morales is a character in the Spider-Man universe. He's also heavily featured in the 2018 game. And he's the main character in last year's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (brilliant film by the way).

Octane

Anti-Matter

I honestly thought the PS5 design was look weird when being horizontal but it looks stylish when being vertical.
It looks like a white jacket with long collar.
The White color scheme was Perfect for me.

Anti-Matter

Magonigal

Bloomberg reporter Jason Schreier took to Twitter to say Spider-Man Miles Morales is in fact a "brand-new, standalone game similar in scope to Uncharted Lost Legacy

Looks like it's a full game then and I loved Uncharted Lost Legacy
On a side note i think its great that there are two games with black characters with this and Deathloop. There are loads of games with women characters now but hardly any with black characters

Edited on by Magonigal

Magonigal

Ralizah

Alright. That sounds reasonable. And, even if a full sequel couldn't be readied in time for the launch, it's a GREAT way to get fans of the first one engaged with the PS5 immediately.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TuVictus

Oh yeah, almost forgot about Deathloop. That one looks pretty interesting too. Gave me a mix of Dishonored and Bioshock vibes. Though that's probably a redundant combination lol.

Also, with Last of Us 2 releasing next week, I'm tempted to try and play the prequel DLC to the first game. I just finished the game in May, but was too burned out by the end to dive in. Should get that started

TuVictus

Tasuki

Well as I said in the other PS5 before it was locked. Not to big on the design of the PS5 and not even bigger on the color, I just don't like white consoles cause of my OCD. I might wait for the redesign or the Pro model to come out and see what they look like before getting a PS5.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Octane

@TuVictus You can finish it in one sitting IIRC. It's pretty short.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

Ok the spidey clarification feels better. That was what I was hoping it would be. Still not sold on the system bit this game is on my list. Will get deathloop as well, although I hope you can play the other side. That being said that is a PC game for me.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

I'm not sure if I want to play Kena on the PS4 or wait to play it until I get a PS5.

I wish PS5 had the 'smart delivery' system that Xbone/XSeX are advertising. Even a smaller (say, a dollar) upgrade charge for getting the version on the newer console would be fine.

Then again, it might be a moot point if the only major upgrade is the game running in 4K on PS5.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

Anti-Matter wrote:

I honestly thought the PS5 design was look weird when being horizontal but it looks stylish when being vertical.

Yeah it looked terrible when horizontal. And you can't stack anything on top of it. Very unhelpful. Lol my Switch sits on top of my PS4.

Cotillion

Not a fan of the PS5 design. Don't like the white or the weird curves (especially when it's on its side) and I don't know why, but it looks like an overheating nightmare to me.

Cotillion

Ninfan

so the new PlayStation won't be fully backward compatible ( or will it ). my original PlayStation stopped working, I really wanted to get PS5 to use PlayStation one games.

Ninfan

Dezzy

@Cotillion

I don't think you can really tell from the console exterior whether it's going to overheat. That's much more about the interior design.

Edited on by Dezzy

Magonigal

@Cotillion
It looks like it's got fan outlets all around so should be ok. By the way is your username from the Malazan books?

Magonigal

Cotillion

@Dezzy I know, that's why I said I don't know why it looks like that to me - it just does.

Cotillion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic