Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,961 to 12,980 of 16,083

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama Yeah, it's a cross-gen release. Which hopefully means it was primarily developed with the PS4 in mind, and will play just fine. It's one of the few games that really caught my eye during the presentation, so I don't know how long I reasonably want to wait on it.

@NotTelevision I'm actually reconsidering my plans to main PC next gen because of that. We'll see how long most of these titles remain "exclusive" to EGS. It's interesting that HZD went to Steam by default, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Well, most EGS 'exclusives' seem to come to Steam after awhile, @NotTelevision .... Like Borderlands 3, that came out there recently While even Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to Steam soon, so I'd imagine the sequel will do the same eventually!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

BruceCM wrote:

While even Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to Steam soon, so I'd imagine the sequel will do the same eventually!

Probably not for quite a while. If it's the first big exclusive for the PS5, it's going to used as a reason to buy the console for quite a while. If it comes to Steam, I'm guessing it'll be like 5 years later.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

Is there any official PS5 game box design?

Anti-Matter

Magician

PS5 is open to preorder at Play-Asia...for $700.

Now that's a proper placeholder price.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Octane

@Magician I'm pretty sure you can almost buy both next gen consoles for that price lol.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Nah. I'd be shocked if PS5/XSeX aren't $499.99+

Anti-Matter

5 years is the best waiting time to see any improvement from PS5.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Ralizah True. But who knows! If you get the digital-only versions?

Octane

NotTelevision

@Ralizah Yeah that’s always the temptation. It definitely pays off in any case buying a PC with a decent graphics card and it’s been about 4 years for me, so I’m going to need to invest in another one soon. It tends to be the more essential first purchase. Those console exclusives aren’t going anywhere, and the “fear of missing out” thing disappears after the first week or so of release.

I’m not sure where you stand on the Epic Store debate, but it looks like they’ve got their act together lately and added features that people have asked for. Good competition by going the more curated route is not necessarily a bad thing I suppose.

@BruceCM Yeah “timed exclusive” is the more appropriate term. Especially if you are an indie dev, it makes sense to bow at the altar of Fortnite and take the cash 😛.

NotTelevision

Ralizah

@NotTelevision We'll see. I don't like that EGS exclusives lock me out of using a DualShock 4 easily and customizing gyro for my games.

But that's also not possible on Xbox.

The issue for me is that my computer is old enough that I'll need to replace the whole shebang if I want to get good performance out of my new graphics card, and I'm not excited to do that right now.

Maybe I'll just avoid new home console releases for a few years, focus on my backlog, and save up for a proper next-gen PC. That'd be the more sensible route. Especially if more Sony exclusives start getting ported.

BruceCM

Yeah & for the very few games that do stay exclusive to wherever, @NotTelevision .... If those are worth getting whichever platform to play for some people, it won't do so for me Not with the vast majority coming to PC or Switch, so if I never get to play Returnal or Godfall, etc, that's a shame but hardly the end of the world

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ninfan

@WoomyNNYes around 400 british pound which i think is around 450 euro or 480 dollars.

Ninfan

BruceCM

No & I think everyone is expecting it to be about £500 .... ? They'll have to announce that officially soon

SW-4357-9287-0699

Wargoose

@Wavey84 agree with you on MKX, I prefer it to MKXI, it's just way more fun to play.

Tekken 7 I like the new supers and the slow mo they added. I'm just not very good at 3d fighters. Too many characters, with too many moves.

Wargoose

Wargoose

I've not tried Granblue yet. The character designs didn't grab me.

Samurai Shodown is really good fun, the Supers are ridiculously powerful. It's really satisfying to land a strong strike, or disarm someone. You can also cancel block stun with special moves, which adds an extra layer of guessing what your opponent is going to do.

I really liked King of Fighters XIV's gameplay. The combos are really fun to do. You've got max mode which allows you to do EX moves, that usually do wall bounces or ground bounces for extending combos. You can can cancel a normal hit into a special, into a super, into an ex super. The new King of Fighters is due to be revealed this month I believe.

Both games online, and single player modes kind of suck though. Especially when compared to Mortal Kombat

Wargoose

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic