Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,401 to 12,420 of 16,083

Ralizah

@Wavey84 Well, my broader point was that so many big games launch sort of broken absent patches/updates now that physical collecting has lost a lot of its luster for me. I mean, you might have a shell of a game you can still play, but who wants to play something like the latest Assassin's Creed sans updates?

The only PS4 games REALLY worth collecting physically for the sake of preservation, imo, is stuff like Limited Run Games or special editions where the discs come with all of the necessary patches and updates.

Gamers of a certain age are very stuck on the materialistic quality of gaming, like having a physical collection to show off to people, but the industry at large is largely outgrowing the need for physical media at all. It won't disappear, but it's also leading inexorably to a very changed industry and, in the future, gamers of very different habits and expectations.

I'm willing to bet that, even at this point, if you tracked the purchasing habits of zoomers vs millennials with regard to gaming, you'd probably notice some pronounced, generational differences.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

I've played the vanilla versions of most games I own, and they tend to work perfectly fine. I haven't played many Ubisoft/Bethasda games, so it may be different for those games. But Sony stuff is usually fine without patches.

Octane

Zuljaras

@Ralizah As long as a game can be finished just from the disc I am ok with it.

In my experience:

• God of War III
  • God of War 2018
  • Spider-Man
  • Fallout 4
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake

I have many more but lazy to check.

Anti-Matter

Ahem...
Sneak peek of my PS3 & PS4 games so far.
Untitled
So far so good.
My PS3 games library grown fast since 2 months ago.

Anti-Matter

NotTelevision

@Wavey84 I stopped playing Arkham games after Origins. I heard Knight brings some new things on board, but Origins felt so uninspired that it turned me off from checking out the last one.

I did enjoy Spider-Man quite a bit. It gets pretty repetitive like those Arkham games but the story was better than expected. There were also some filler sections where you control other characters. I don’t know why every AAA game has to include mandatory tedious stealth segments, but anyway it’s worth checking out because it accomplished the goal of making you feel like Spider-Man.

I didn’t enjoy Resident Evil 0 as much as the other mainline games, but it still a cut above some other survival horror games out there. I get what you are saying about the inventory management. That part of the game can be frustrating. I couldn’t beat the final boss on the GCN because I ran out of herbs and got down to a sliver of health. Seemed like a bit of an oversite not to include healing items in the boss section. The atmosphere of the game I remember being comparable to that in the other RE games though.

NotTelevision

Grumblevolcano

@Octane It's to do with the type of games, Sony hasn't gone down the Games as a Service route meanwhile that is a very common approach nowadays for 3rd parties and Microsoft.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Dreams launch trailer.

Looks neat, haven't checked the user creations in a while, so I'll definitely have to do that now.

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Octane
I'm really strict with PS4 games i will buy.
I saw Dreams have somewhat intriguing ideas. Between consider and rejection.
It rated PEGI 12 / Teen / CERO B.
Still a tolerable age ratings for me but i need more observations.
What are the possibly negative contents from Dreams that might turn me off ?
Spooky things ?
Dark themes ?
Guns ?
DLC with rated 18+ game characters in cartoon that similar as Modnation Racers or Little Big Planet DLC packs ?

Anti-Matter

RR529

@Anti-Matter, there's probably nothing in the base game that you'd find offensive, but the entire point of the game is that people can create & share their own assets & games (Dreams is more a game creation tool, rather than a game in and of itself), and people probably can (and have) created things you wouldn't like.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

redd214

A Game Freak game coming to ps4! Though doesn't seem to be the greatest game out there it's cool that they are releasing things 9n other platforms!

redd214

TuVictus

Tbh I enjoy when Gamefreak does non Pokemon stuff. One of my favorite rhythm games was that Tempo game they released for 3DS.

TuVictus

Ralizah

Non-Pokemon GF games going to other platforms isn't really surprising. Giga Wrecker Alt went to PS4 as well. Heck, Tembo the Badass Elephant wasn't even available on a Nintendo platform.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TuVictus

I keep seeing cool stuff made in Dreams and it's getting more and more difficult to resist

TuVictus

RR529

Finished off the Last Guardian this morning!

I still need time for it all to soak in, but my initial response is that while it runs like crap on base PS4 and has some at times frustrating game design, I think overall the positives outweigh the negatives.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

I finished Control. Now off to start Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I'm curious if it holds up to the previous games.

Octane

Magonigal

@Octane
Shadow of The Tomb Raider is the best of the new trilogy. It dials back the combat a bit and has more tombs and exploration. I enjoyed it more than the others and it feels more like classic Tomb Raider

Magonigal

Octane

@Magonigal Yeah I think I prefer TR2013 over Rise, because the latter has a lot more combat.

Octane

NEStalgia

TR2013 is an absolute masterpiece. Which is weird to say for TR game.

Even it it was "Girl Nathan Drake"

NEStalgia

Dezzy

Aren't all of the new TR games essentially "girl nathan drake"?

Not that I'm complaining. I like them a lot more than the old ones.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic