Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,421 to 12,440 of 16,084

Octane

@Dezzy Kinda. But different though. More like a Metroidvania, and less emphasis on narrative.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

I remember Rise being slightly Metroidvania-esque. Don't really remember the first one being like that, although I haven't played it since launch. Haven't got round to the 3rd yet but it's on my shelf.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy It's the same as Rise (and Shadow). You can return to (almost) any location at any point in the game. This is also encouraged because the game is littered with collectibles and tombs, some of which can't be accessed until you've obtained the right gear. And the game itself also forces you to traverse the same environments more than once. There's always a central hub-like area in the games I think.

Octane

WebHead

with the whole coronavirus stuff i think we can safely forget about a PS Meeting for PS5 reveal.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

link3710

@Octane every time I hear about these games I realize I'd absolutely adore them yet I still haven't bit. Didn't have a PC or console they were on when they launched, but I seriously need to get them anyways.

link3710

Anti-Matter

Something that i found about Cooking Mama Cookstar. 🧐

As well as the above listings, PushSquare reported back in August 2019 that the Australian Classification board had also regarded Cooking Mama Cookstar as multiplatform.

The Cooking Mama series is widely associated with Nintendo, but its arrival in the kitchens of Sony would be highly welcome as they’re fun party games that are ridiculously charming.

Cooking Mama on PS4 and XBOX ONE ?! 🤪

Anti-Matter

Octane

@link3710 They're good games. And pretty cheap at the moment too. I didn't play them until last year, so any time is a good time to jump in I think.

Octane

Dezzy

Wasn't the PS5 reveal supposed to be in Feb? Or was that never officially confirmed?

Dezzy

@Octane

I remembered that you could return to previous locations in the original TR(2013). But I don't remember the world being designed around that principle at all. I remember the world being much more linear than it was in Rise. In Rise I remember moving back and forth around that snowy lumbermill area for quite a while.

Octane

@Dezzy Maybe it was more pronounced in Rise. But there were definitely some tombs and shrines that required upgrades to enter. And the whole collectables thing, I feel like you're encouraged to visit previous areas. I mean, it's not like a Metroid game, but it's definitely more open than Uncharted.

Octane

Dezzy

RE3 getting a demo. And looks awesome (speaking of demos, what on earth happened to the FF7 demo we were supposed to be getting?)

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/02/resident-evil-3-remake-demo-a...

Not sure it really needs a demo tbh, given that everyone knows it'll just be more of RE2 but with new locations and story.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

@Wavey84

I'll wait for the Champion Hyper Ultra Mega Uber Infinite edition.

Grumblevolcano

Looks like March's PS+ games are Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Forces.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Looks like March's PS+ games are Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Forces.

Confirmed

kids will enjoy Sonic Forces I'm sure and I will give SOTC another try after exchanging it for God of War years ago. Hopefully I like it more this time!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Ralizah

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-will...

If you buy Butterfinger, Crunch, or Baby Ruth bars in multiples of two between a certain date, you get DLC and a dynamic Tifa PS4 theme.

I haven't personally bought a Butterfinger since the mid-2000s but, well, I guess I'm going to be stocking up as soon as the promotion period starts.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

FF7 Remake Demo just dropped out of heaven onto your PS4.

edit:

Finished it already. Really great stuff. I already knew from all the trailers it was gonna be pretty good, and it doesn't disappoint. The characters are perfect. The environments are great and very faithful to the original. The one thing I was unsure about was the battle system, but it does get more interesting as the battles get harder. I still don't think it'll be my favourite battle system, but it depends how it develops throughout the game I guess.

Oh and they even include a major change to the story in the demo. They're definitely redoing a lot with the story. It was a change for the better though.

Edited on by Dezzy

NotTelevision

@Dezzy Yeah I liked it too. It’s cool to see the scenes redone with modern technology and I think for fans really familiar with the original it would like it even better.

The battle system was alright. It did feel a bit like a hack and slash with a menu of extra moves thrown on top. A pretty uninteresting UI and camera getting snagged on objects in the corner. It does feel really cool to stun enemies and the impact of certain attacks feels gratifying.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic