Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 4,081 to 4,100 of 4,635

TheBigBlue

Pretty decent haul this week. Went on a gaming collection hiatus in may and came back strong with two very solid games and one masterpiece. I got TOTK at Walmart on June 11th two days before my birthday (yes this was my birthday present along with the other two) and Crash/3D World were bought at GameStop. I got 3D world for 11 dollars cheaper, score!

Untitled

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Ulysses

Skyrim!

The Anniversary Edition is 50% off on the latest sale, and I couldn't wait any longer to finally play it. I'm having an absolute blast! Feels like Lord of the Rings <3 I've realized I've waited far too long to play this classic.

Ulysses

AnVold

My latest Switch purchase is a nice cartridge of Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse from Asian region
Untitled

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

Magician

Alchemic Cutie
PowerSlave Exhumed
Ara Fell & Rise of the Third Power

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ZeldaFan83

Hey, quick question. My daughter’s bday is coming up here in the next month. I would like to add funds to my Nintendo anccount and buy her a new game. Would anyone in my family know I’ve added funds and bought the game? I want to keep it as a surprise.

Edited on by ZeldaFan83

ZeldaFan83

NintendoByNature

@WaveBoy oh boy, you're asking the wrong fella. Haven't even fired it up yet, but I probably wouldn't know the difference honestly. I'm sure others will be able to steer you in the direction.

NintendoByNature

CurryPowderKeg79

I just preordered a couple of games.
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario Bros. Wonder

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

dmcc0

@ZeldaFan83 The funds can be added without anyone knowing - unless they got into the store and check your balance. Unfortunately, as soon as you buy the game it appears on the home screen and starts downloading.

You could stop the download and delete the game before anyone sees (then redownload on her birthday), but it would still show as purchased if anyone is browsing the eShop.

dmcc0

Sisilly_G

@ZeldaFan83 : If it's a child account, then it will send an invoice to the parent managing her account, but if it's her own account, then you risk blowing your cover.

In any case, short of buying her a download code for the specific game, I suspect that the only way that you can (mostly) keep it a surprise is by buying the game the night before or on the day, and hope that it's done downloading by the time you reveal the surprise.

Or you could just buy a physical copy (assuming that there is one available for the game that you have in mind).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Okami1

Greatluigi wrote:

I searched around and I didn’t see a topic like this so I decided “eh why not?” And make one.
So what switch games have you recently bought? My family does this thing in June where we give each other presents and I got
-advance wars 1+2 re-boot camp
-mega man battle network legacy collection
-Kirby’s return to dreamland deluxe
-SpongeBob the cosmic shake
And finally
-tales of symphonic remastered
I’m also planning on using the eshop cards I got to buy little Noah. (Oh and I’ll also be waiting for all the updates for tales of symphonia remastered first)

dysgraphia awareness human

Allspice

Ikenfell (Digital)

I started it and I like it so far. I like the main character, but I'm not a fan of her sister at this point and shes the one we're looking for. Maybe my feelings about her will change as the game goes on, idk.

Allspice

Okami1

Sonic Forces
The Beatles Rock Band

dysgraphia awareness human

CurryPowderKeg79

Doom (2017)

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)

jowy_sw

Neo The World Ends with You (physical). It was like 20 euro or something. It is a shame that game did poorly after so many people online asked for a sequel. It seemed like it came out with no fanfare... Oh well, I just got another JRPG that I need to finish.

jowy_sw

CurryPowderKeg79

The Alliance Alive HD Remastered

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)

Magician

Gal Guardians
Skelattack
Steel Assault

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FishyS

@Magician Im probably going to get Gal Guardians because I really enjoyed the demo, but I hate that they were forced to change the game's name from Grim Guardians to Gal Guardians; the nyee name gives a very misleading image of the game.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic