Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 4,061 to 4,080 of 4,655

Dpullam

My latest purchase was The Legend of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom for myself and Super Mario Maker2 for my son as a reward for doing good things. Both fantastic titles in their own right, and while I am enjoying my game immensely, seeing the joy on his face when playing his will be far more satisfying.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

Magician

@NeonPizza Same here, I've played less than half an hour of both. III feels an average shmup. Ship movement feels a tad slow considering the speed of enemy bullets.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

CurryPowderKeg79

Octopath Traveler 2

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

N00BiSH

Annalynn. It's been on PCs for a while but it just made its way onto Switch today. It's a pretty great old-school arcade style platformer and it's only 5 bucks so you'd a FOWL to not get it

I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle

ophone

I went a little insane these last days, at least when it comes to me.

Bought:

• Aeterna Noctis (Physical)
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Physical British version, gave two nephews my old French copy. They were really happy about it, especially the young one.)
  • Mario + the Lapins Crétins: Sparks of Hope - Édition cosmique (Physical and indeed the French version, to me the Rabbids will always be the Lapins Crétins.)
  • West of Loathing (Digital)
  • Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course (Digital, obviously)
  • Shakedown Hawaii (Digital)
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - Complete Edition (Digital)
  • Dead Cells (Digital. I used to own the physical version, but since there are constantly updates for this game, I didn't see the use anymore having a physical copy.)

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Fizza

Finally took the plunge earlier today and did my first ever pre-order of a digital game, with the game in question being....well, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (are you really surprised) in addition to picking up Progear for free on Arcade Stadium with Gold Points (heard nothing but great things about it so I'm very excited to give it a go!).
Untitled
Untitled
A quick little question in regards to pre-ordering digital games from a total newbie to the system whilst I'm here, will the payment be taken the moment the game is available for preload (in this case being June 23rd) or will I have to go through the typical payment process like I would for an already released game? Just curious is all

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza Your money for an eshop preorder will be taken the week of the release, if not the day of the game's release.😉😉

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Fizza

Didn't expect to see me back here so soon, eh? To be honest: neither did I.

So a bit of context: Gamestop are apparently shutting down all operations here in Ireland (both in store and online) according to the news and their website (which displays an extremely ominous 9 DAYS LEFT message and countdown when you visit the site).
Untitled
As a result of this, they've pretty much discounted EVERYTHING they have left by about 30% in an effort to sell as much as possible. I definitely didn't anticipate wanting to pick up another game so soon after getting Ghost Trick AND Progear a few days ago but with deals as good as that on games that almost never go on sale? It's fair to say FOMO hit me extremely hard.

so to cut a long story short, I picked up Kirby and the Forgotten Land for €42 XD
Untitled
While I'd definitely classify myself as an absolute Kirby superfan (the devilish egg has not left my brain since February, send help), I oddly enough haven't really played any of the modern games in his series, with the only exception being my first Kirby game in Triple Deluxe. However, I've been dying to try out his ventures on Switch and, while I definitely plan on tackling stuff such as Star Allies and Return to Dreamland DX, Forgotten Land was definitely my priority in terms of original experiences given how it's the first proper 3D Kirby game and how it's definitely one of the most warmly received in recent memory (which, given the series' pedigree, says a ton).

So yeah: definitely looking forward to giving this one a playthrough once the post-Ghost Trick depression hits XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jdrocks89

Portal: Companion Collection (Digital)

jdrocks89

Barbiegurl777

Untitled

Little Dragons Cafe - $17.99
Story Of Seasons Pioneer Of Olive Town - $23.99
Doraemon Friends Of Great Kingdom - $34.99

Was going to get physical cartridges for these games but the sale in the eshop was to good to pass up~ 🤷‍♀️✌️ The Sale ends on 6/25 for all 3 games~ 🤷‍♀️✌️

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

KnightofNi_

Finally snagged my Advance Wars re-boot physical. Was having a time finding a copy for some reason. Hope it does well enough to get us the next 2.

Game over man!

N2dsXL FC: 4184-8977-2824
Switch FC: 1802-8430-4624

ZeldaFan83

Bought TotK physical. Currently in Death Mountain crater. But this game is pretty damn fun and challenging.

Also, I highly recommend to buy the amiibo cards from Amazon. I bought them in 2019 when I got my switch and BotW. The mats that drop from each card, comes in handy.

ZeldaFan83

ophone

@Fizza
Forgotten Land's a lovable game.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

CurryPowderKeg79

We Love Katamari Reroll + Royal Reverie

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)

Lony85

Untitled

I just picked these games up.

Edited on by Lony85

Lony85

Switch Friend Code: SW-7613-6555-4505

Lony85

You can add Yooka-Laylee to the above list of games, with Metroid Prime and Kirby's Dreamland, I had enough gold coins to buy it digitally due to it being on sale. I've wanted to play this one for years now, so it's nice to finally have the game.

Edited on by Lony85

Lony85

Magician

Cozy Grove
Inscryption
Blossom Tales II
Spidersaurs
A Boy and His Blob
Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space
Undermine
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ganner

Picked up the physical copy of Prodeus using a Target gift card I've been sitting on. That game has been in my backlog since hearing about it. I hope to start it as soon as I finish Metroid Prime Remastered (which also sat on my shelf for sometime. Backlogs just never end).

This fire is burning and it's out of control. It's not a problem you can stop it's Rock and Roll!!!

CurryPowderKeg79

Persona 5 Strikers

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)

Lony85

Untitled

I got this today, as a Father’s Day gift, from my boys.

Lony85

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic