Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,801 to 58,820 of 69,981

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter An expansion pack is exactly what it sounds like - it adds more content. NSO's expansion pass includes Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games, as well as the New Horizons DLC. Are you interested in the N64 and Genesis/MD games? If not, you're better off with just getting the DLC on its own if you like what said DLC offers.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter No, they're literally the same thing.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
So if i purchased $25 for HHP DLC while at the same time i have already subscribed Normal NSO $20, is that already enough to enjoy ACNH with All contents ?

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Yes, once you get the DLC separately, you're good.

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Oh, great. 😀
I wanna visit your island again after you makeover your island with new stuffs after the final update.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I am confused. Is it possible to get the NSO upgrade without Animal Crossing DLC? What happens if someone bought the DLC separate, does that reduce the NSO costs?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

IceClimbers

@FragRed No it doesn't. It's still $50 a year. The inflated price comes from licensing costs, not the Animal Crossing DLC. They apparently paid Sega a lot to have Genesis games included because Wii VC didn't do well for them, and then those Genesis games are mostly 3rd party titles.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FragRed

@IceClimbers I feel they should have just not bothered licensing anything from Sega and focused on their own consoles, other than N64.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

Ya, Genesis is already available everywhere. The Genesis Collection (granted it does have input lag which kinda kills the appeal), the M2 Sega Ages releases, the upcoming Sonic 1/2/3/K Collection... I mean, it's appreciated, but not $30 Extra appreciated.

@Eel
What would joining entail? Do I just PayPal you the $24 and you add my email to the list that gets access?

If so, and it works regardless of region, I'll join.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH I joined a family plan with someone on here for a year or two, and it was super simple. Just paypal'd them my share, and I was good. Didn't have to give anyone any delicate information.

Of course, whether it'll work cross-region is the real question in this case.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

@JaxonH yeah you’d just need to join my family group and then we get organized every time payment comes up. PayPal would work perfectly.

It seems we have another interested person (a local friend), too. Which is good, with 5 people the price goes down to about 19 dollars!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

@Eel
Can you find out if it works cross region?

Nintendo might get suspicious of that

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

@FragRed Agreed. They should have filled in the major missing SNES games (cough Earthbound cough) and then added GB/GBC and GBA games at the minimum.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

1UP_MARIO

@JaxonH yes it works across all regions.
Edit.
I think the only con is you won’t be able to get the controllers and only the main family admin member gets to buy.

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JaxonH

I'm guessing this wouldn't work for getting the AC DLC though. Seriously doubt 8 ppl in a plan would each permanently get $25 DLC to keep.

So I'll probably just pay the extra $30 for one year to get the DLC, since it's only an extra $5 for the plan at that point anyways. And then next October when it expires, I'll join you guys.

Unless joining works cross region and allows everyone in the plan permanent ownership of the AC DLC.

Eel

We don’t know how does the dlc aspect work in the long run. But the family plan should provide the same experience for everyone in it as would 8 individual plans.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

@1UP_MARIO
"Gets to buy"

What do you mean by that? Are you referring to MyNintendo specials like the controllers and stuff? If so that's fine, since I already ordered the N64 and Genesis controllers (though there may be stuff in the future, who can say).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic