Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,781 to 58,800 of 69,986

1UP_MARIO

@RedRaven723 your welcome
👍🏻 Enjoy

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JaxonH

Been downloading all my games onto my 1TB micro SD card on the OLED Switch, and it's taken about 3 days to get everything re-downloaded. Woke up this morning and there were only 9 games remaining.

Wanted to get that done and over with before continuing to play Metroid Dread. But now that I found that microSD stash cartridge, I'll have to do it all again for the 1TB of games that couldn't fit. That's a lot of downloading.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MightyDemon82

Is there any sites that highlight the best games on sale in the Nintendo e-shop? Just been scrolling and seen Golf Story and heard loads of good things so that's a definite buy. But it would be nice to not have to scroll through the whole site hoping stuff jump out at me.

MightyDemon82

Flippy

@MightyDemon82 I use Deku Deals : ) They have a section for popular games on sale.
US is the default, but you can switch to UK deals.

Edited on by Flippy

Currently playing:

Switch: Omori, ACNH
PC: Danganronpa V3

Switch Friend Code: SW-6454-7474-7799 | 3DS Friend Code: 2380-4129-0961

Ralizah

@MightyDemon82 @Flippy Seconding Deku Deals, since they have a "hottest games" on sale section. Great site. It also tracks the history of price fluctuations and lets you know when a game hits a new all-time low price in sales.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MightyDemon82

@Ralizah @Flippy thanks guys. I'll check it out, my sister gifted me a voucher for watching her cat for a few days, so I'll go and start filling up the new Oled with some game(s)!

MightyDemon82

JaxonH

Well, he was wrong about the OLED Switch, confusing it with the successor, so I'm not sure how much stock I'm putting into what he says atm.

Clearly he knows things- he was the first (and only) one to insist DMC Trilogy was coming to Switch. But still. 2022 or early 2023 just doesn't make any logical sense, especially with high Switch sales are right now and with OLED just dropping.

So no, I'm not convinced. OLED buys at least two years before announcing something more. 2024 is my target date.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I think it'll come down to backwards compatibility and the chip shortage, if there's full backwards compatibility with Switch and they managed to get enough chips then I could see holiday 2022/early 2023 as part of Nintendo's new "do or die" mindset to try and prevent a momentum drop that's comparable to the late Wii era (Nintendo has mentioned they waited too long to release a successor to the Wii).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
That's a fair point and one of the reasons I believed they would release a more powerful variant (which, it seems they wanted to but changed plans due to a number of reasons).

Still, one yr after OLED still seems too soon. Switch will still be riding high 2 yrs from now, of that I'm confident. And, let's not forget the other thing they said, which is they want to extend this generation.

Late 2023 trailer similar to the late 2016 trailer, with a January 2024 info dump reveal, and a March 2024 release.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

Oof. They want $50/yr for Online + Expansion Pass? You're drunk Nintendo.

I thought it would be $10 more. I really want those N64 games, but at $30/yr extra, I think I'm good. It's the same cost as buying 4 of them, the difference is not owning. Technically speaking the value is there IF you would have bought at least 4 N64 games per year on average (also accounting for Genesis games, I guess).

But uh... I actually think I'm good. They're gonna need to either lower prices to $30 or add GameCube if they want that much from me.

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH They added in the Animal Crossing DLC to inflate the NSO price, that Animal Crossing DLC is $25 standalone.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

chapuH

Hey, does anyone know if the subscription upgrade will keep the NES and SNES games? Or will it be just the ACNH DLC, N64 and Genesis games?

Hope you're having a good day.

BrazillianCara

On the one hand, I hate that this will add more reason for me to regret engaging with online communities.
On the other, using the subscription as a way to unlock DLC is an intriguing concept. I wonder what they can do in games beyond Animal Crossing.

BrazillianCara

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Ya, that's fine for the first yr. But after that it's just too much.

However.

A family plan of 4 could negate the cost issue. Perhaps it's time to look into joining a group for a family plan. $80/4 is $20/yr, the same price I'm paying now.

That I can do. But I'm not sure what catches apply when doing a family plan. If I have to entrust my Nintendo Account to someone else, that's a no go. Could join with my bro, but that only takes it down to $40/yr. And he probably wouldn't be interested at that price.

JaxonH

@chapu2006
Yes it keeps them. It's an expansion pass that adds on, not a separate offer in replacement of.

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
What is Expansion Pack mean ?
I have suscribed $20 for Normal NSO.
If i have purchased $25 for HHP DLC, do i still have to spend another $30 just for an ACNH Expansion pack too ?

Anti-Matter

Eel

@JaxonH I have a family plan, with other two people. However since it’s Mexican you’d be paying about 24 dollars a month. Instead of just 20. Because Mexico.

I’m not sure if you’d be interested in joining, or how it would work with people from different countries. And of course, if you just renewed your own plan, it would add another layer of complexity.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic