Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,821 to 58,840 of 69,962

JaxonH

@Eel
Breaking news. You don't get ownership of the DLC if you get it through the Online. Aka I'm gonna buy it separately, aka I'll be glad to join your group

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

1UP_MARIO

@JaxonH then you should be fine. You get all the benefits of a individual account

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Eel

@JaxonH ah so it’s like, Xbox one/series games with gold.

Sure! If you have twitter, telegram, discord, or some other instant messaging service we could use, (or if you don’t mind sharing your email dress here), to invite you to the group, just say so.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Monkeido

JaxonH wrote:

@Monkeido
So, if you have cloud saves, they should automatically back up if you have the setting on. After which, you can download the saves to the new system en masse via the data management settings menu. There's a cloud save option which lists all your saves on a single screen. You can Rapid fire them one after another down the entire list.

In the end, I did all of them one by one anyway, but thanks for the heads-up! There were 3 games I could only transfer from the cloud (Hotline Miami, Minecraft and I forgot the third one ^^').

Monkeido

kkslider5552000

Man, Nintendo really trying to put a damper on MULTIPLE things I'm excited for, aren't they? sigh

I mean, worst case scenario...I'm fine with buying the DLC, on its own, at that price. But I really wanted to spend next year playing some N64 games. Now I'm not so sure.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

@kkslider5552000
Join us. You'll get the online plus expansion benefits for less than you're paying now on the basic plan.

Send Eel your email, get the invite to join the fam, and just PayPal your share of the $ (next person to join makes it divisible by 5 ppl)

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

Polite reminder that I currently have space for a couple of users in my family plan too if anyone wants in. Ralizah was in for a couple of years, and Octane still is, so you should be reasonably confident that there's no shenanigans going on.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

kkslider5552000

JaxonH wrote:

Join us. You'll get the online plus expansion benefits for less than you're paying now on the basic plan.

Send Eel your email, get the invite to join the fam, and just PayPal your share of the $ (next person to join makes it divisible by 5 ppl)

@Eel

I mean, do I post it here? Because I've never known of a private message system here, ever

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

kkslider5552000 wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

@Eel

I mean, do I post it here? Because I've never known of a private message system here, ever

I did. 2 min later @Eel emailed me and let me know I could delete the post. I don't think anyone here is going to spam your email or anything. I've done it several times before here. Just delete a few min later. The number of ppl who even see the post in that short a time will be few.

1UP_MARIO

If people are interested in the expansion dlc. I might have some space.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

skywake

I do love the irony of this discussion here, talking about grouping together to pay for Nintendo's online service. Ten years ago you guys probably would just share each other's friend codes and dropped an email on your Wii message boards. With what is now a paid service as it is you're kinda limited

Side note. I'm kinda suprised at the price of the controllers. For some reason I was expecting them to be much closer to the price of the Pro Controller. Somehow $70AU seems fairly reasonable in comparison. Outside of wired and stick-less controllers that's probably cheaper than any other controller on Switch. I wasn't going to pick one up but at that price.... I might....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

Eel wrote:

@kkslider5552000 ok I’ll send an invite

Edit: welcome to the family! You can remove your address now if you want

👊 Welcome to the tribe!

gcunit

skywake wrote:

I'm kinda suprised at the price of the controllers. For some reason I was expecting them to be much closer to the price of the Pro Controller. Somehow $70AU seems fairly reasonable in comparison. Outside of wired and stick-less controllers that's probably cheaper than any other controller on Switch. I wasn't going to pick one up but at that price.... I might....

Already sold out in the UK store. Significantly more expensive than the SNES and NES controllers, but if someone ever decides to sell an N64 adapter for them then I will hunt some down.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NintendoByNature

The question is, what feels more egregious, the pricing of NSO expansion pak, or the kingdom heart cloud releases? Quite frankly, I think both suck pretty bad.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Took a breather from Dread on the OLED (too much excitement for me, gotta ration it out) to check out Crysis 3 Remastered.

Now.

I was not impressed with the first Crysis. The gyro sensitivity sucked, the game felt dated to control, it just wasn’t very fun.

However. Right off the bat, the gyro in Crysis 3 Remastered is on point. They got it right this time. And the game feels better overall- probably the result of being a newer, more refined game than the first. While I haven’t played enough to give a firm recommendation one way or the other, I can at the very least say my initial impressions are good.

Oh, and I ordered the N64 and Genesis controllers. Those were non-negotiable. I love having official USB-C wireless controllers of retro systems to use. And this N64 controller has rumble built in. It’s gonna make Mario Kart 64 and F-Zero X and Sin and Punishment feel so authentic.

@NintendoByNature
They’re both egregious. And both will learn that in the course of due time with marginal increase in net revenue for expansion pass, and low sales for the cloud version.

Edited on by JaxonH

skywake

I preordered the N64 controller for myself and some Series 5 Amiibo cards as a gift. And because it was enough to tip over the free shipping threshold I added some My Nintendo rewards to the cart. I had 600 platinum coins which was enough for the Yoshi canvas pouch and pens

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

I wanted those holographic Metroid posters but I just spent 800 platinum coins on the Zelda Skyward Sword HD art frame. Provably take me 2 yrs to get enough coins again to get the posters. They’ll be long gone by then.

JaxonH

Oh. My. Goodness. This here… this is mind blowing! Get this.

The Switch OLED, on MAXIMUM BRIGHTNESS + Wifi, playing Zelda Breath of the Wild, a full AAA game, not some garage indie, gets 5 Hrs 20 Min compared to the v2 Switch which gets 4 Hrs 15 Min. That’s over 1 HOUR extra playtime on max settings. Let this sink in. The BARE MINIMUM PLAYTIME for a AAA GAME on MAX BRIGHTNESS is OVER 5.25 hrs! You can crank that screen and not worry about a thing! No need to dim brightness and salvage battery… OLED is having none of that. OLED wants you to enjoy your games in full capacity.

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH I'm not normally one to hope for a cruddy outcome, but in both of those cases, I wouldn't be surprised and I may even find a little enjoyment in seeing them fail a little. Not bc I don't want the content, bc I do, but both are just absurd. And therefore, I'm hoping enough people don't buy it To make a change.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic