Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,821 to 2,840 of 5,014

Maxz

@Zyrac Maybe Nintendo wanted to give the Super Tri its swan song.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

ultraraichu

@Sir_Anthony felt the same way using it with the heavy splating yesterday. Not sure if it's because of the buff and/or other factors but I get way more splats with it now than I did before. Turning into one of my favorite weapons.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Scrummer

I've found that the splat Bella is really good for some ranked modes.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

GoldenGamer88

Gotta love those Saturdays: Everybody's trying out this week's new weapon and if that weapon happens to come with Autobombs and Inkstorms, it'll get rather annoying bring chased after by multiple Autobombs all the time. But once all the dust had settled, I could properly try out the Custom Splat jr. And I gotta say, I quite like it, but I already like the classic Splat jr., which one is the better I don't quite know yet. Ended up being a roughly 40/60 day for me as I often found myself teamed up with the lower levels, who for some reason like to walk around in a group close together and whenever I turn my back on them, they're all splatted. I'm not putting all of the blame on them but I just found the rate at which they'd' all get splatted irritating.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Budda

Intersting that the japanese Splatfest got an other version of Shifty Station. It's way more interesting than ours. But if I had to guess, that will probably be our next one.
Btw. I thought that they would get a red colour again... but it's just orange. :')

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Blue_Blur

I had time for one Rainmaker match, with only two minutes left in the stage rotation. Winning would rank me up to S+, but losing would cause my rank meter to break... no pressure! XD

I was hoping for a quick and easy victory, but of course it had to go into overtime. Luckily my team managed to keep the lead and stop the Rainmaker just in time. Stressful, but we won!

That now makes me an S+ squid/kid in both Splatoon and Splatoon 2!!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

ThomGee

@Blue_Blur Oh, those matches are stressful, but are so satisying to win, way more than simple blowouts.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Blue_Blur

@Nintendoer Very true, no better way to rank up than after an epic overtime match or comeback! Though, I still don't mind an easy knockout every now and then.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Zyrac

So after spending a while hanging around in the A ranks of every mode, I broke into S rank Tower Control... and proceeded to blaze right through it with only one crack in the meter. I'm like, this is awesome, my teammates all know what they're doing and stuff. And it actually seems easier because of that. Now to see how S+ goes...

Zyrac

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Since the Splattershot Pro nerf update, I've gone back to the Tentatek Splattershot and it's feeling kind of OP now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

The Splattershot Pro got nerfed?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

GoldenGamer88

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Since the Splattershot Pro nerf update, I've gone back to the Tentatek Splattershot and it's feeling kind of OP now.

I've always thought of the Splattershot is kind of OP. I'd use it a lot more if its Specials weren't Splashdown and Inkjet.

Zyrac

Yeah, uh, what Splattershot Pro nerf? It has less range than in the first game, apparently, but patches have done nothing but (indirectly) improve it.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Zyrac Oops, nevermind I read the patch notes wrong, 180 -> 170 was referring to number of points required for special so it was a buff. The Nintendo Life article wasn't clear.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

shani

Today I played a match in Splatoon (the original game, not the sequel) and it felt really weird. Seems like I've already gotten used to the controls of the sequel too much. Or the Switch Pro controller is better than my old Wii U Gamepad, I'm not sure. ^^
That said, it was really telling how quickly the match started. The lobby filled up instantly!

GoldenGamer88 wrote:

I've always thought of the Splattershot is kind of OP. I'd use it a lot more if its Specials weren't Splashdown and Inkjet.

Actually, the Splashdown is not only one of my favourite specials (so I'm pretty glad it got buffed), in my opinion it's also one of the most efficient specials in the whole game.
Inkjet also isn't bad in my opinion, at least for SZ and TW.
But why would the Splattershot be OP? It's basically the game's default weapon. It's right in the middle in every category, so you could call it an allrounder.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Zyrac

I've never really used the Splashdown so far, just because it's not on any of my favourite weapons, but the ability to use it out of a Super Jump is really cool and highly underutilised. I'm actually planning to build a set around it because it just seems so fun.

As for the Splattershot, I like that this game's jack-of-all-trades weapon is so viable. in a lot of games that sort of thing is underpowered due to just not being very good at any particular thing.

The Tentatek's special requirement is crazy high now, though (230p). Seems like overkill after nerfing the Inkjet itself.

Zyrac

Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@shani I feel it's op, it not necessarily has to be. As I'm more accustomed to close-quarter battles, where it imo really shines, and I and many other Inklings I meet do rather well with them. I don't like Inkjets as I feel rather exposed with them and especially that other Inklings can just wait at my landing spot. The nerf doesn't help that much either. Splashdown, I probably just haven't figured quite out. I've seen people use them when super-jumping but I rarely super-jump in the first place so I never think of doing so. And when I try to do it in close-quarter situations, I get splatted before I have the chance to use it. Haven't tried it out post-patch so I might find it more useful now.

Maxz

@Grumblevolcano The S'pro got triple buffed! Ink Storm and Point Sensors got a 13% and 20% incease in radii (respectively), and the Special Meter requirement got reduced.

I wonder if we'll start seeing more of them. They weren't infrequent before, but they were by no means as prevalent as some of the shorter range weapons like the Tri Slosher and the Octobrush.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

shani

@GoldenGamer88 Well I do not use it as a close-quarter weapon that much, only when I have to (but then it's still useful due to its damage and firerate). I rather see it as a mid-range weapon, just like the N-Zap. For me, the Splattershot is actually missing range. But if it had more range, it'd probably be OP.

Yeah, the Splashdown has a small risk (which was reduced by the patch) of getting splatted mid-air, but it's way lower than getting splatted while flying the Inkjet (or using other specials). It's just a matter of timing, basically.

I try to use the Splashdown when my opponent is not anticipating it.
I either lure them by attacking, then fleeing (so they think they have the upper hand) around a corner and then apply the Splashdown out of a sudden.
Or when I see an enemy coming in my direction before they have seen me (e.g. when I'm standing on a higher platform), I jump down and surprise them.
Sometimes it also works in intense close-quarter battles because the enemy is too distracted from all the action.

It's usually a sure splat, sometimes you can even splat two enemies with it.
But even if you don't get a splat, you at least injure them and throwing an additional burst bomb (or shooting at them) usually finishes them off.

What I noticed post-patch is that it now even can splat an enemy (who's standing on the ground) when you accidentially do a Splashdown on a higher platform instead of on the ground. This must be due to the increased explosion damage.

For me, the only downside of the Splashdown is that you sometimes have to wait a long time until it makes sense to activate it.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@shani Interesting approach, also thanks for the tips. Gonna try to get more accustomed to Splashdown tomorrow.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic