Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,902

Pizzamorg

Snatcher wrote:

@Pizzamorg I have just loved what I'm seeing, I just think I'm going to get it, no matter what the reviewers say, the review for BD&SP sucked, and it told me don't trust a pokemon review.

Yeah it's pretty weird. Like even with S/S, that actually reviewed pretty well, but go on the internet and everyone acts like it is the worst game ever made lol. You just can't trust reactions to Pokemon games at all.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Mario Tennis Aces. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond. RingFit Adventure.
PC games currently playing: The Division 2. WWE 2K22. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg I always say this, no matter how bad a pokemon game may be, its always an experience,

You will or might name your pokemon, that one pokemon will save you butt one time or another, I just can't forget the pokemon games, and the adventure I had in them, even the one I didn't like to much.

And whats funny, is the people that flame the game half the time, end up coming back saying "This isn't to bad" ya, maybe you shouldn't have jumped on the hate train.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

SViper

@VoidofLight doesn't matter if you live in USA, at that time websites like serebii and bulbapedia will be allowed to do what I said as well content creators to stream and upload videos...

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

VoidofLight

Yeah, I don’t really trust pokemon reviews.. especially ones from here. The BDSP one was pretty bad, and I experienced none of those issues in game for myself. I remember IGN legit docked points because “too much water” for ORAS. I’d much rather just hold off on reviews and play games I’m interested in myself. If it’s terrible, then oh well, but there’s only been two times where I got terrible games.

Currently Playing: Persona 3 Portable and Pokemon White 2!

jump

VoidofLight wrote:

Yeah, I don’t really trust pokemon reviews.. especially ones from here. The BDSP one was pretty bad, and I experienced none of those issues in game for myself. I remember IGN legit docked points because “too much water” for ORAS. I’d much rather just hold off on reviews and play games I’m interested in myself. If it’s terrible, then oh well, but there’s only been two times where I got terrible games.

Are we talking about Nintendolife's 6/10 review? That doesn't mean it's bad though, just average. I do loath the game community for seeing any game less than 9/10 being unplayable.

I completely agree with "Too much water", they just articulated it poorly which resulted in the meme and the bandwagoning. The game world and the in game Pokes had a lack of variety as they were mostly water based now and the water routes are often the most bland and slowest in Pokemon so giving loads more water routes should be condemned. Plus if you go up against Team Aqua there's even more water Pokes to fight.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@jump I didn't take issue with the score. It's just the review itself didn't really read like it was taking a critical objective look at the game. It was just a singular guy complaining about the fact that the chibi art style was bad in his eyes, and that it ruined the game for him, at least from what I remembered.

Edit: Also, I really like Water Routes, mainly due to how expansive they can be, and the fact that in ORAS, they let you dive underneath them. The only reason I'd say they're not great is because it has the same issue as caves, where random encounters are constant. If they lowered encounter rate, or just replaced it with overworld encounters, water routes would be better.

Edited on by VoidofLight

TommyTendo

I was a bit disappointed with BDSP. I had more fun with ORAS.
I would give ORAS 8/10 and BDSP maybe 6 or 7.

TommyTendo

Pizzamorg

Snatcher wrote:

And whats funny, is the people that flame the game half the time, end up coming back saying "This isn't to bad" ya, maybe you shouldn't have jumped on the hate train.

I know this, because this person was me! For years the internet told me how bad those games were, so when I tried the games out the first time I tried them out with that lens and focused in on all the complaints I heard, coming away agreeing the games were terrible.

Then years later, separated from all the noise of the time, I sat down to play Shield neutrally and while the game certainly has some serious problems - technical performance, pop-in, a real mixed bag of great animations and lousy ones and some questionable difficulty pacing - none of that got in the way for me when it came to just loving this videogame. It is probably the best time I've had on my Switch, regardless of all those flaws, and I'm so mad that I missed out on this great experience for years because I let myself be blinded and bought into a popular narrative.

I want to make a conscious effort to be better at this stuff going forwards, but to be fair, as an adult I think it just gets easier anyway as you get older to see how ridiculous so many of the complaints are and how few and far between is genuine criticism with any real meaning to it. Like I say, I don't care if you want an edgelord, 8K, open world game that takes one hundred hours from one side of the map to the other, where your Pokemon can die and it is as hard as Dark Souls. Like you can wish as much as you like, but that game will never exist, should never exist and you can't cry about a game and call it bad because it isn't the game you dreamed up. S/S has plenty of objective problems, but those weren't the things people really talked about and instead made up a load of hyperbolic, ultra personal to their 45 year old basement dwelling selves who think Pokemon should be marketed for them specifically because they were from Pokemon Blue, nonsense to claim the games are bad and it is just worthless.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Mario Tennis Aces. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond. RingFit Adventure.
PC games currently playing: The Division 2. WWE 2K22. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.

VoidofLight

My only complaints about Sword and Shield just had to do with the region being nothing but linear halls, and not having anything to do with post-game stuff.

TommyTendo

I had fun playing Sword/Shield, but I felt the region was a bit bland

TommyTendo

Eel

Ugh. I was happily watching a video about cut beta Pokémon from Gold and Silver, and then an earlier design for what could be Growlithe’s scrapped baby form came up, so obviously the dude making the video thought it would super useful to show a picture of Hisuian Arcanine as supplementary material.

So that form managed to get spoiled for me. Sigh.

Then you have the guy replying what amounts to “I don’t consider it a spoiler, but I’m sorry you feel that way” to every person that complained about it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zuljaras

@Eel Hmmm I do not know if I can consider that a huge spoiler. I mean it is just a picture of a new Arcanine form, how can that be that harmful?

Maybe I think that way because spoilers never affected me as even if I watch the whole plot of anything I still enjoy it on max

I am not trying to be a jerk but if people are sensitive to spoilers maybe the Internet is way too dangerous for them.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

TommyTendo

It's impossible to not see spoilers lol
I get them suggested to me on Twitter and a lot of videos in my recommended on YouTube.

So, even if I don't watch the video, I get somewhat spoiled from seeing the thumbnails and video names.

TommyTendo

Eel

@Zuljaras I mean it would be nice to actually get to see the new designs for the first time in game and be surprised for once.

That’s one less thing to be surprised by. And it’s not as if having the image there actually added anything to the video.

What bothered me the most was the dismissing attitude I saw in the comments though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

It's almost release day date so I'm fine if I accidentally saw or heard some spoilers as I don't really have big interest with Pokemon games but still want to play games casually.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

jump

@Eel At least it was just a minor Poke. I had the game ruined by seeing the new Hisuian form of Mewtwo. As DNA was not invented back in those days it's just a Mew with a new hat.

Oh well at least the new Hisuian Rotom is cool, it now takes the form of a plough, a broom, a butter churn and a block of wood!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

So is there any confirmation about Legend of Archeus Pokedex?

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Zuljaras

@Eel So the image was from leaked footage? Not from official public videos?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

VoidofLight

@Zuljaras Eh.. some people want to discover the pokemon in game, so it’s kinda cheap when someone spoils those. I avoided the leaks with Sword and Shield because I wanted to see every pokemon when I came across them in game. It made me love the pokemon more than I would’ve if I just saw them through a leak, so I’ve been avoiding spoilers ever since.

@Eel People like that guy are the worst. They don’t understand that just because they don’t mind spoilers, or just because they played the game doesn’t mean others want to see it. It’s why I avoid poketubers, since most of them cover these leaks without second thought and spoil people for clicks. One guy spoiled a massive spoiler form for a new pokemon with a meme in one server. It was a spoiler-free chat, and yet he still did it anyways.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic