Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 4,706

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg YESS, Thats why I Love rise, not that is harder or easy, its just FUN! what it should be.

I'm on the Crab Monster in GU, So I'm gonna upgrade my silver weapon, maybe got one more armor set, then I will try to fight it again.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Mansa Is this in rise or GU?

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

Man going From GU to world is Hard, The game is so much more stiff in Gu then in World, that is real Fluid, Plus how you gather is a bit different, I'm not fully read to go back to world yet, but I have to finish the other End game Monster before Sun break. Oh and need to Some how Finish GU by then as well.

Jrpglover

Snatcher wrote:

Man going From GU to world is Hard, The game is so much more stiff in Gu then in World, that is real Fluid, Plus how you gather is a bit different, I'm not fully read to go back to world yet, but I have to finish the other End game Monster before Sun break. Oh and need to Some how Finish GU by then as well.

That stiffness in Gu and older gens is the only thing that makes them more difficult than rise/ world because almost every action you did caused your character to stand still for a few seconds.

The only thing I miss about older gens is the way you harvested I actually enjoyed mining a rock several times it was relaxing and removing it for an instant gather with one click makes it feel so soulless and empty almost like they might as well just auto give you the resources as soon as you enter the zone.

Jrpglover

Snatcher

@Jrpglover No kidding, because almost every action is a do or die kind of thing, and you got to make sure it hits or your gonna get hit.

This is kinda gonna bean unpopular opinion, but I actually don't like the hunter arts all that much.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
P.S. I wasn’t big on the arts either

That said, once you unlock some better arts down the line, you will encounter some good ones that are pretty cool and fun to use but you have to save them for the right moment when you have time to pull them off.

Don’t neglect the SP mechanic either.

https://www.supercheats.com/monster-hunter-generations-ultima...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH I hope your right man, because idk, I'm just not a big fan of maybe losing some things over the other for the sake of Moves, or missing out on such and such.

The arts Are just, Idk I'm just not a fan, I can't point what it is that I don't like about them.

Also I'm about to finally learn the Swaxe, so Should I just stick to Adept style or Switch it? I was thinking guild because it gets to keep a lot of its Original moves, and Meaning I don't have to perfect Roll of the Best moves?

Edited on by Snatcher

JaxonH

@Snatcher
That's how the game works- it gives you choice. You choose one style at the expense of the other 5 styles. You can't play them all at the same time. You choose some arts over other arts. Can't have them all at the same time. You choose SP over the traditional mechanic. It's all about choice and your preference of playstyle.

Arts are such a teeny, tiny, Itty bitty part of the game. I never even used them for 200 hrs. You MIGHT pull off 2 arts, 3 if you're an unstoppable force, in an entire hunt. And each one is like, a more powerful attack saving you 20 seconds of damage, one is an evasion roll... They're as inconsequential as it gets.

The STYLES are what matter. The arts are just a little freebie bonus you get. Don't make them out to be more than they are. Usd them or don't use them, doesn't really matter. But if you just play the game and stop worrying so much about something that has little consequence anyways, eventually you'll unlock better arts. They're still nothing too special but come in handy nonetheless. You down a monster, have a full gage, hey! Use an art! It's just a special move reserve you can use once or twice a fight. Nothing more.

As for styles, I ran Adept the whole game in Generations, for 400 hrs. Then used Valor and Adept for MHGU. The benefits of the styles FAR outweigh the negligible single lost move you give up.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH The styles are much better then the arts, In my opinion, Because I can change my play style, But the Arts are just, idk there? LOL.

Also I was trying to get into Swaxe but idk, I kinda feel like I'm cheating on my main if that makes any sense?

Mii_duck

So, I've just hit a difficulty spike in Rise.

1 star hub quests all completed (solo, dual blades), all the 4 star Village quests completed with hardly a faint and now facing Magnamalo... who keeps kicking my bottom.
I know what to do to beat him, it's the doing that's the problem.

I fear I lack the patience for this game.

Mii_duck

Snatcher

@Mii_duck If I may ask, How fast do you faint on the quest? and how long would you say it takes before you fail?

Mansa

Adept axe attack has a choice between that sweet, sweet axe spin attack that has great motion values and the sword double swipe if I remember correctly. Depends on what mode you are in. I'd recommend adept Swaxe over brave, which is kind of underwhelming in my opinion.

Although, I personally always run guild Swaxe, for more of that classic MH experience.

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Snatcher

@Mansa Well I'm already used to Adept with my CB so I was going to use that anyway, But is guild style just Classic monster hunter?

Mansa

Meh. Not exactly admittedly, due to the hunter arts being present, but for the most part, guild style is just what a weapon's moveset been in mh4u. Plus, you can indeed just run guild style without the arts (...but come on now, I'm not going to give up my Tempest Axe. ;-;. )

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

Snatcher

@Mansa HMM, I might have to pick guild then. Its just Basics, with arts right?

Mii_duck

@Snatcher - no worries about asking.

I'm usually on my way back to the village between 11-15 minutes, after failing the quest.
Generally the level four village quests were taking me a fairly chilled 20 minutes or so to beat, and I think I only fainted fighting... uh... the monster that rolls into a ball outside the lava caverns.

Magnamalo though - I can be doing alright, chipping away, getting the tail shard, having the odd wyvern ride to attack, old Mags running away a couple of times... but then it goes a bit frantic and that's where it goes wrong for me.
I keep getting caught and before I can wirebug out the way or have time to heal I get attacked again and wiped out.

Think my equipment is OK, I'm just not properly 'in tune' with this fight, or that stage of it. It's supposed to be hard-ish though?

Mii_duck

TeeJay

I loved arts. They were fun to pop every so often when the bars filled up. EXCEPT for when I used the Striker Style S&S with deviant weapons. Deviant weapons charge their arts faster already as is, and Striker Style is all about popping arts as well so combining them meant I was unleashing arts constantly left, right and center. It was amazing.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Mansa

@Snatcher Pretty much. Some tips. In guild style, you can morph from axe to sword after the lunging attack, the overhead attack, and the wild swing finisher attack.

Morph attacks in sword mode is the side swipe and I THINK the double swipe follow up. Many swaxers run the demon riot plus quick reload to spam empowered sword mode if that's your thing.

@TeeJay One weapon that is awful with striker style is the hunting horn. Oh my goodness, it's just so bad. I get nauseous just thinking about it. HH don't have a complex move set to begin with, so it does make sense that it's striker moveset is especially limited, but holy crap. It doesn't help that the hunter arts for hunting horn also stinks.

Mansa

Snatcher

@TeeJay I think the arts are really fun, Just not really my thing? I guess.

@Mansa Hmm, I might use guild style for the Swaxe, or maybe just try both.

@Mii_duck It can be tough, Its a pretty annoying monster to say the least, (I love the hell out of it though)
What armor do you have currently? and maybe you should look into some charms to help with def if its hard hitting attacks are giving you a hard time.

But my main tips for mag is, Break everything, Breaking parts makes it have less control over it when it starts sbakugouing around, the parts you need to keep your attention on is the ones that glow, As it (I think?) blow up aver it takes enough hits, So if the tail is glowing, attack the tail, Teeth, and so on so forth.

I would be happy to help if you want, but if you don't want help I 100% understand, as I didn't want it much as well.

Edited on by Snatcher

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic